US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a love of beautiful crystals and natural products. Does anyone else enjoy having crystals or natural products? Here is a picture of a stone I would like to get called Bloodstone and it is supposed to be good for people who have experience alot of trauma. It is beautiful to me.
-Blue

Attachments

• bloodstone.jpg
    bloodstone.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 3

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do.

The beauty and wonder of God's creation is found in both everyday crystals and rare jewels.

Salt and sugar crystals (for example) get their shapes from the arrangement of atoms within the crystals.

Quartz crystals inside of geodes show how the once-molten rock cooled slowly inside, allowing the crystals to form.

All crystals attest to the value of purity, since only highly pure substances can crystallize.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do.

The beauty and wonder of God's creation is found in both everyday crystals and rare jewels.

Salt and sugar crystals (for example) get their shapes from the arrangement of atoms within the crystals.

Quartz crystals inside of geodes show how the once-molten rock cooled slowly inside, allowing the crystals to form.

All crystals attest to the value of purity, since only highly pure substances can crystallize.

I agree the stones do show His beauty and I love collecting beautiful stones. I like stone pendant necklaces too. It soothes me to wear things that remind me of nature.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I actually have a collection that I started when I was younger (consisting of both arrowheads and gems / crystals - some on matrix):

gems_arrowheads.jpg

I started getting into gems again recently after watching the show Prospectors on the Weather Channel; I love aquamarine and the different varieties of quartz.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I actually have a collection that I started when I was younger (consisting of both arrowheads and gems / crystals - some on matrix):

View attachment 194429
I started getting into gems again recently after watching the show Prospectors on the Weather Channel; I love aquamarine and the different varieties of quartz.
Wow! Thank you for sharing :) your stones are beautiful. Aquamarine and quartz are lovely stones :)

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure - I found this rock in my backyard many years ago. I'm not completely sure what it is, but I think it's a quartz geode; you might be able see some crystals in one of the openings. I wish I had the right tool to cut it open and see what's inside lol.

geode.jpg

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure - I found this rock in my backyard many years ago. I'm not completely sure what it is, but I think it's a quartz geode; you might be able see some crystals in one of the openings. I wish I had the right tool to cut it open and see what's inside lol.

View attachment 194433
That is beautiful! Yes I see there are some crystals in the openings :)

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a few Himalayan salt rock lamps. Some lit by a warming bulb, others to light with a tealight candle. They are so soothing to look at when lit up. I also have some pink Himalayan shot glasses which make for some pretty salty drinks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a few Himalayan salt rock lamps. Some lit by a warming bulb, others to light with a tealight candle. They are so soothing to look at when lit up. I also have some pink Himalayan shot glasses which make for some pretty salty drinks!
The salt rock lamps sound beautiful :)

Upvote 0

Scarlett Ledder

May 2, 2017
Oregon
✟12,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a fun collection of rocks (raw & tumbled), gemstones, crystals, arrowheads, fossils. I tend to go through different phases where I'm drawn to specific color families. I'm very into the greens right now (chrysocalla, aventurine, prehnite....) My absolute favorite though is moonstone. Just gorgeous! And lepidolite. Another beauty; peaceful and calming! I feel like these are the earths treasures meant to be enjoyed and appreciated.

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a fun collection of rocks (raw & tumbled), gemstones, crystals, arrowheads, fossils. I tend to go through different phases where I'm drawn to specific color families. I'm very into the greens right now (chrysocalla, aventurine, prehnite....) My absolute favorite though is moonstone. Just gorgeous! And lepidolite. Another beauty; peaceful and calming! I feel like these are the earths treasures meant to be enjoyed and appreciated.
We were out West and there is a lot of interest in Montana / Alberta of a geological and mining significance. :)

Sounds like you have material that would make good jewelry. Did you even make any, maybe?

Upvote 0

Scarlett Ledder

May 2, 2017
Oregon
✟12,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very lucky to have some beautiful jewelry made by local artisans but I've not made any myself. All of my treasures are around my house in wooden bowls or baskets to be enjoyed or examined. I also have a very large collection of sea glass, agates and shells that my husband and I have been collecting from our beginning together 11 years ago. Beautiful to look at and great reminders of happy times!!

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am very lucky to have some beautiful jewelry made by local artisans but I've not made any myself. All of my treasures are around my house in wooden bowls or baskets to be enjoyed or examined. I also have a very large collection of sea glass, agates and shells that my husband and I have been collecting from our beginning together 11 years ago. Beautiful to look at and great reminders of happy times!!
Sounds interesting! :)

The advantage also is that stones don't have to be very big to become small ear studs, etc. Some ppl like the heavy, rugged stone jewelry, but it doesn't have to be big at all, does it? Mind you, the smaller variety needs more intricate settings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 194433
You must have an interesting backyard! :)

Upvote 0

Scarlett Ledder

May 2, 2017
Oregon
✟12,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people are just meant for bold statement pieces; anything less would be insufficient. I know some of these dynamic types. I'm not one of them though. I prefer a more subtle sparkle here and there. There's something so incredible about a tiny perfect sea shell no bigger than a sunflower seed.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
those are beautiful!
So you like them this way?

They do sometimes come even tinier of course, like with sparkling pinpricks of stone on a stud, whether set for earlobes, or nose, etc.

But I guess you would know more about it than me. (Though I did once apply for a job at a jeweler's).

Upvote 0