Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden want to work with a dozen or Senate Republicans on major legislation. However, much can done without any Republican votes.

1) There will be dozens of executive orders before month end. These will reverse the most ominous of Trump's edicts.

2) Biden and staff will meet with foreign leaders and organizations and restore our place as a leader (but no longer THE leader).

3) Biden will complete ASAP appointments that don't require approval, and make decisions on those he wants to remain (e.g at FBI and joint chiefs).

4) Though Executive Order and other policy edicts, there will strong action on COVID, immigration, the environment health care, criminal justice and other issues.

5) Biden's top appointments need approval. These can be forced through with no Republicans. However, that seems unlikely for all but a couple. I think that the first one had only 10 dissenting votes.
===============================
NOW THE HARD PART - LEGISLATION
Biden needs to decide whether the use the Budget Reconciliation process to jam through a stimulus bill. Some, like Romney think that none is needed.

For me, I think that this would be a mistake. I think that a quick much smaller bill should be negotiated and passed. Then, after the first 100 days, we can take a breath and assess. Many Democrats oppose this approach. However, I don't think that they would vote against Biden so early. Besides, a compromise might get 20 Republican votes.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that a quick much smaller bill should be negotiated and passed. Then, after the first 100 days, we can take a breath and assess.
YES! Workers in the hospitality, restaurant, and travel industries will lose unemployment benefits in a couple of months. Their work hasn’t come back and we will see thousands of families living in cars or on the streets if unemployment benefits aren’t extended.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Biden needs to take a trip to somewhere on Air-force One and invite Sen. Lindsey Graham and then play 2 round of golf with him. Sen. Lindsey Graham doesn’t have any integrity , he will sell his vote for a ride. Easy bipartisan vote for few golf outing.

Upvote 0