A living example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen for me too.

Lately, I feel that in my quest to help my brother through this time, to help wherever, whenever I can at church and at school, in trying to please everyone, never being able to say "no", that I am failing the people who mean the most to me. My husband, and my children." Not now Nate, I'm busy", or " Please Wilson, just let me finish this!" or "Lizzy, mommy said in a little bit, ok? Can you just go find something to do for a little while?" Most days, at the end of the day, when everyone is in bed, I realize that "later" and "in a little bit" never did come and "in a little while",  turned into never. And then the days turn into weeks, and then months. I feel like the last 3 months, since my brother collapsed at work, on July 20th, have been one big blur! My Wilson and Lizzy had birthdays?! I can recall making the cakes, but can I re-live the moment when they blew out their candles? No I can't. My mind was too preoccupied by others.The little , important details, are just gone. Sometimes, I can't even recall wether or not I have hugged them today. I feel just rotten inside.

Dear Jesus. Please forgive me for failing to show you to the people you have intrusted to my care. I am so sorry. Please help me, to desire to be more for them, to help me spread myself out better. Please let me be an example of you to my children, at all times, and not put things off til later. I miss out, they miss out. And somethings, you can never get back.:cry: I want to represent you to my family at all times Father.

Thankyou for posting this simple prayer, I needed it! It opened up my eyes!

(Reason for edit is that I was crying, and I needed a spellcheck!And I needed to post a thankyou for this prayer!)

Upvote 0

forjesus

Humble Servant
Jan 15, 2002
va
Visit site
✟2,344.00
Faith
Christian
Amen, My heart aches for you living For Him, I pray for you and your family. I have two little girls and at times I am guilty of doing the same thing. I promise you that if you will go and give your kids a hug, and tell them you love them, and God loves them, I will do the same thing. I pray God Blesses your brother Rocky, and completely heals him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.