rationalist libertarian
Mar 26, 2004
Chicago
✟15,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Far from being a pet and kettle statement, if you honestly think that science actively attempts to disprove "God," you misunderstand science and its mechanisms. Science is a rational method. A scientist is one who makes positive assertions and bears the burden of proof.

A key concept in science is the Scientific Method: "The principles and empirical processes of discovery and demonstration considered characteristic of or necessary for scientific investigation, generally involving the observation of phenomena, the formulation of a hypothesis concerning the phenomena, experimentation to demonstrate the truth or falseness of the hypothesis, and a conclusion that validates or modifies the hypothesis."

It falls upon the one making assertions to support their assertions using this method. It does NOT fall upon others to prove the negative.

In other words, it does not fall upon others to prove your assertion wrong.

The idea is assumed to be unsupported, until it is supported.

The concept is very simple really. Science does not violently pursue Christianity as you seem to suggest. Rather, if you wish to debate the scientific credibility of Christianity, you are required to play by the rules of science, hence my original post.

As for why I am here… this is a scientific forum.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Again, show me where the bible says "crystal Hydrogen canopy" unless you are reading into the bible and trying to replace what it says with man made science, you should be able to show me.

ikester7579 said:
Define firmament and then explain how it was placed
to seperate the waters.

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Peiper said:
The idea is assumed to be unsupported, until it is supported.

The concept is very simple really. Science does not violently pursue Christianity as you seem to suggest. Rather, if you wish to debate the scientific credibility of Christianity, you are required to play by the rules of science, hence my original post.

As for why I am here… this is a scientific forum.

See that is what I think and I AM a Christian. There are Christian scientists too - and they don't put God into their findings - for them, the things they uncovered just make the things God created all the more interesting. I think if people across the planet suddenly stopped debating this the world would collapse. ^_^

Maybe there oughta be a law - don't mix theology with science like religion and government. ;)

Upvote 0

Data

Veteran
Sep 15, 2003
Auckland
✟16,859.00
Faith
Atheist
Lucubratus said:
See that is what I think and I AM a Christian. There are Christian scientists too - and they don't put God into their findings - for them, the things they uncovered just make the things God created all the more interesting. I think if people across the planet suddenly stopped debating this the world would collapse. ^_^

Maybe there oughta be a law - don't mix theology with science like religion and government. ;)
I'm so glad you aren't a YEC. Yay for rational christians.

Upvote 0

Data

Veteran
Sep 15, 2003
Auckland
✟16,859.00
Faith
Atheist
Lucubratus said:
Nice to see an Atheist not jumping on me for it. ^_^ Yay for you :clap:
You know, I don't think you are as alone as you think. You'll find that most christians in the world beleive in what you beleive, young earth creationists are in the minority really.

I doubt any atheists on this board will have a problem with your beleif in theistic evolution anyway :) Some of the best guys here are christian, after all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IrishRockhound

Geologist
Feb 5, 2004
Ireland
✟524.00
Faith
Other Religion
See that is what I think and I AM a Christian. There are Christian scientists too - and they don't put God into their findings - for them, the things they uncovered just make the things God created all the more interesting.

Amen to that - I'm one of those scientists (not Christian, but the principle is the same). Nice to see a new Christian member who's not ranting for a change.

Out of curiosity, are you a young earth creationist?

BTW Ikester:

The rock is to represent a foundation that is built on the truth of Christ. The sand is to represent a foundation that is not built on truth, or the truth of Christ.

Why is your faith so dependent on mere words? If it really was a rock, you would not need the bible to validate it - the truth of your heart would be enough. Bad analogy, I think - perhaps a pebble would be more appropriate.

The Rock Hound

Upvote 0
It cant be proven seientifically just as evolution cant BUT the observable evidences support the creation theme from start to finnish, e.g. Mt St Helens etc., while all that supports the evolution theory is the statements of socalled fact by the priests of evolutiuon which has consistently ben shown (over time) to be wrong & oft deliberate frauds!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peiper

rationalist libertarian
Mar 26, 2004
Chicago
✟15,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
"... positonal..." ? What is that some new type of automatic-transmission for trucks?

Seriously, if you do not care that your writing is illegible, then why post at all? If you are actually interested in discourse, it helps to present your case in a clear and concise manner (well-referenced does not hurt either).

Upvote 0