Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm posting this here because I don't trust the non-Reformed. Call me a hyper-Calvinist all you want, idc.

I haven't been around much, but I'm suffering now.
I fell in to sin hard.
I don't think I'm coming back out.

I'm a little upset and mad at God for letting this happen. I don't understand why if He hates sin so much He let one of His children fall in.

If I can't get out of this I'm not sure I want to live anymore.

I don't understand why I do the things I do. I hate myself for it.

bsd058

Sola and Tota Scripturist
Oct 9, 2012
Florida, USA
✟14,546.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm posting this here because I don't trust the non-Reformed. Call me a hyper-Calvinist all you want, idc.

I fell in to sin hard.

I'm a little upset and mad at God for letting this happen. I don't understand why if He hates sin so much He let one of His children fall in.

I understand. So I would imagine God understands.

Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures. (James 1:12-18)

If you've been born of the Spirit, then you can walk away from this sin. Whatever kind of sin this is. You are no longer a slave.

I would like to refer you to read Romans 7:14 - 8:39 thoughtfully, prayerfully, and humbly.

Paul understood what you feel right now. You hate your sin with your mind, but your flesh loves doing it. So it is no longer you doing it, but sin which dwells in you. But Christ has set us free, and there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus who walk according to the spirit, not the flesh. If you desire to not sin like this any longer, then give it up and just throw yourself at the mercy of Christ. Time to start acting like a free man.

Confess your sins to your brothers and sisters in Christ (but to Christ first) and ask for prayer. Are you a part of a congregation?

Upvote 0

CalledOutOne

The World Weary
Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Confess your sins to your brothers and sisters in Christ (but to Christ first) and ask for prayer. Are you a part of a congregation?

My old church is garbage and won't be able to help me. (Take my word for it).

I can't get to the new church (PCA) I want to go to or to Christian friends since I have no transportation (not that I have any Christian friends).
I've been out of fellowship for over a year.

Upvote 0

bsd058

Oct 9, 2012
Florida, USA
✟14,546.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I can't get to the new church (PCA) I want to go to or to Christian friends since I have no transportation (not that I have any Christian friends).

Have you considered contacting the church via phone and asking if there is a way for someone to come and pick you up on Sundays and the like? Because you really should be in a congregation. I find that my spiritual life is always better when living in communion with "the brethren" or a congregation of like-minded Christians.

We have been placed here to help each other, even though none of us have been perfected yet. If I were you, I would get in touch with that PCA church and see if there is a way to get there somehow. In the meantime I'll be sure to pray for you, that our Triune God begins to shine through more than you ever expected, and that you begin to bring glory to His name by living as a Christian should live.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Some wise words from a fellow poster:

I am ashamed at how often my heart is cold and my faith is so small. It is a constant reminder to me of the fact that in myself I am nothing but sin. But I also know that my experience is no different than even the greatest men of God. Paul spoke of his struggle in Rom. 7 and some of the mightiest preachers dealt with coldness in their hearts. But don’t get discouraged. Christ still has His hand on you and even this is for your good and His glory. If we didn’t have times in the valley we wouldn’t look to Him. He is once again showing you that you are nothing and He is all and enough for you.

The thing that thrills me when I read the Scriptures is when I begin to see Christ in them where I never saw Him before. Read your Bible to find Christ and His Gospel in all the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

I fell in to sin hard.

Who are you to tell God how He ought to do what He does? Do you honestly think that He didn't know all about your sin even before He went to a cross to die? He knows what we are and knows that we are weak and worthless in ourselves. He knows every wicked thought and the secret things we fear the most of coming out about us.

Now the good news is:
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Rom. 4:8.

As a child of God even though I often impute sin to myself He Will Not. I am so glad that the passage doesn't say that He might not or that He does not but that it says He WILL NOT. He refuses to even consider that one for whom Christ died has sin. He will not treat any of the redeemed as sinners.

Now go and sin no more.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I for one appreciate the trust and feel much the same way. :)

I am sorry to hear this, if it gives any comfort remember that you're not alone.

I fell in to sin hard.

I don't know what you mean by falling into sin hard, but I do know that it's only by grace when we do not sin. You don't know that the Lord will not pull you out, and He can, and has ways of doing it, neither you nor I can understand or fathom. Just remember that it is by grace that we are saved, that the only righteousness we can claim is not our own but the righteousness of Christ, and that His atonement is sufficient to cleanse us from all unrighteousness and that He paid for all of our sins, past, present, and future. Stop focusing on you and your sin, and place your focus on the cross and the unmerited mercy God has on all of His people. We have much to be thankful for my friend.

It happens to the best of Saints, re-read Romans Chapter 7...."O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?". There are many things I don't understand, like why would God have any interest at all in a person like me, and why and how can I be so evil at times in my heart and mind, in my thoughts...I make myself sick sometimes. Then there have been other times where I know God has been at the steering wheel, in control, even keeping His mighty hand of guidance and protection over my thoughts, keeping me from sinning against Him. I need to take this advice too, we need to meditate on the Word of God, and hide it in our hearts, that we might not sin.

None of us will attain perfection in this lifetime my friend. Every waking day sin knocks on our doors. The question is not, will we be tempted, nor do we enjoy sin, but how will we respond when it comes knocking? This is where my Pentecostal background sometimes comes into play, and what I mean is, sometimes you have to take a stand, sometimes you have to remind the old devil that Jesus is Lord, that He is your Lord, He is my Lord, and remind Him often. You can do it silently, verbally, and or both. Why do this? Because there is power in the name of Jesus, and what I mean is, it is an outworking of the faith of a believer, an exercise of faith, and a proclamation of where one stands.

Phi 2:9 "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - NKJV

All Saints can relate to that sentiment, again re-read Romans 7. Please do not think for a minute that you can out sin the cross, because it's not possible. Do know that when we sin, it is shameful, and likened to driving another nail, we grieve the Spirit when we do. But also know the grace of God is more than sufficient, that His mercy and forgiveness is beyond our comprehension, that He does not forgive as men forgive, that His grace is not like grace from people, as His love is unconditional. Finally, just want to say, so long as we're in these bodies of flesh we will struggle with sins, even our hidden sins, our innermost sins, even with what we might consider the littlest tiniest of sins in behavior or whatever or wherever weakness may be. So long as we're in these bodies of flesh, the old devil, the accuser of the brethren, will ever be accusing us, even falsely, but I remind him that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ paid for all of my sins with His precious blood on the dark cross at Calvary, and that I am forgiven, and the only righteousness I claim is the righteousness of Christ, imputed to me by faith. Lord have mercy, is my cry.

Upvote 0

CalledOutOne

The World Weary
Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks guys.
I'm still struggling, but your repsonses did help.
I'm just trying to understand why.
God hates sin, yet He let's us (even ordains us to) fall in.

There's something far worse I'm being tempted with now.
I feel like I have to force myself to care about the situation.
I need out. :(

In my walk I've fallen into depression a couple of times, but I have NEVER been tempted with suicide. But it's come up now.
I still don't see it as an option for Christians, but I can't find much of a reason to consider myself a Christian anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bsd058

Oct 9, 2012
Florida, USA
✟14,546.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks guys.

In my walk I've fallen into depression a couple of times, but I have NEVER been tempted with suicide. But it's come up now.
I still don't see it as an option for Christians, but I can't find much of a reason to consider myself a Christian anymore.
You know. One thing I remember when I get depressed or worried is that things have always worked out in the past, and they will continue to work out in the future. Even if my friends forsake me, God never will, and if you surround yourself with godly people, they never will either. Just repent. Remember that God always says that if you return to Him, He returns to you. Obviously we who are Reformed do not teach that you have taken the first step, but think of it this way. If you want out, and you decide to repent, then it's because God is drawing you to Him.

I've felt like committing suicide due to my sin, but it's a slap in the face of a God who deserves better than for you to use his gift of life for that purpose. If I were you I'd definitely seek out council when you get to that church. Many times they can give you options and counselors they recommend. You don't even have to tell them what you're struggling with if you want to leave that for a session with a psychologist or counselor. But what you need right now are godly friends that you can spend time with, people you can worship with, studying the Scriptures with, and confide in if you feel like it. I'll pray that you are brought to some.

Much love, man. I hope you feel better soon.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I live in an area with, I would say around a hundred or more Churches, and the number of Reformed ones I can count on one hand. One of those might be a (small) Reformed Baptist Church, but I am not certain about that. The other two are Presbyterian USA Churches, one is part of a college, and really meant for the students and faculty there, the other is in town, about 30-40 min drive. The PCUSA Church in town, while not an overly liberal one, has always been somewhat controlled by prominent people with lots of money, if not controlled, let's say highly influenced. I have always had a hard time getting up early in the morning, and it's been a problem with Church attendance. When I do go, I'm so sleepy, it's almost pointless, but there are a few however brief moments.

On the subject of friends I could go on for hours, and I can only speak from my personal experiences, others have different, and more...positive experiences. Let's just say, for the most part, I do not need or want friends. I was picked on throughout school. Just to give an example, I once had a coat in a locker get [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed on by unknown kids. I've been down the friends road (at one time I knew many people I considered a friend), and most people fall into two groups, users and those getting used. I was always ended up as one of those getting used. I suppose that's alright but only to a point, and I finally had to say enough is enough. After I rededicated my life, or got saved, even my old friends, who were friends, deserted me, because of Christ working in and through me. I really struggled with trying to make friends, and since then, apart from my wife and family, can honestly say (since 1995) I've only had one good Christian friend, one I met in college back in 98' or 99', and he moved back to Ohio between 00-02. He used to work at keeping in contact with me, calling once every month or two, then every few months, and after many years, I rarely hear from him now. We were only what I consider "close" for a short time, he's a distant friend now.

My advice as far as friends go is, find you a good Christian woman, don't go for a super model, go for one that has inner beauty, one that can put up with your crap, and one you can tolerate hers. My wife is my best friend, we can talk to each other about anything, though she doesn't understand all that I talk about on these forums, because she's not a mature Christian, I mean she hasn't grown up in the faith, but she has other qualities that help me. Other than my wife, my parents have always been there for me, and I thank God for them, I do not know what would have become of me without them, I'd probably be dead or in jail.

What passes for "fellowship" these days is highly overrated anyway. Find a Reformed believer you can have deep and interesting conversations with, not the "hi" "bye" conversation that's passed off as fellowship these days. Overall, I've not had much fellowship, at least not fellowship like I had with my friend in college, and I've never had fellowship with a Reformed believer (I would count my wife, but she's greatly lacking in knowledge, and to be honest, I think just goes along with what I say because I'm her husband and when we do talk a little she finds herself in agreement, though I've never pushed my way of thinking on her), and not sure I ever will (apart from internet discussion), it's not looking that way. It is rare to find a person who takes God seriously enough to want to talk to Him and about Him all the time, and even if they do, quite frankly the society we live in doesn't allow for it in most cases. The moral decay of our society is one evidence of the hostility towards Christianity, and with that hostility, losses in fellowship.

Upvote 0

CalledOutOne

The World Weary
Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I live in an area with, I would say around a hundred or more Churches, and the number of Reformed ones I can count on one hand. One of those might be a (small) Reformed Baptist Church, but I am not certain about that. The other two are Presbyterian USA Churches, one is part of a college, and really meant for the students and faculty there, the other is in town, about 30-40 min drive. The PCUSA Church in town, while not an overly liberal one, has always been somewhat controlled by prominent people with lots of money, if not controlled, let's say highly influenced. I have always had a hard time getting up early in the morning, and it's been a problem with Church attendance. When I do go, I'm so sleepy, it's almost pointless, but there are a few however brief moments.

On the subject of friends I could go on for hours, and I can only speak from my personal experiences, others have different, and more...positive experiences. Let's just say, for the most part, I do not need or want friends. I was picked on throughout school. Just to give an example, I once had a coat in a locker get [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed on by unknown kids. I've been down the friends road (at one time I knew many people I considered a friend), and most people fall into two groups, users and those getting used. I was always ended up as one of those getting used. I suppose that's alright but only to a point, and I finally had to say enough is enough. After I rededicated my life, or got saved, even my old friends, who were friends, deserted me, because of Christ working in and through me. I really struggled with trying to make friends, and since then, apart from my wife and family, can honestly say (since 1995) I've only had one good Christian friend, one I met in college back in 98' or 99', and he moved back to Ohio between 00-02. He used to work at keeping in contact with me, calling once every month or two, then every few months, and after many years, I rarely hear from him now. We were only what I consider "close" for a short time, he's a distant friend now.

My advice as far as friends go is, find you a good Christian woman, don't go for a super model, go for one that has inner beauty, one that can put up with your crap, and one you can tolerate hers. My wife is my best friend, we can talk to each other about anything, though she doesn't understand all that I talk about on these forums, because she's not a mature Christian, I mean she hasn't grown up in the faith, but she has other qualities that help me. Other than my wife, my parents have always been there for me, and I thank God for them, I do not know what would have become of me without them, I'd probably be dead or in jail.

What passes for "fellowship" these days is highly overrated anyway. Find a Reformed believer you can have deep and interesting conversations with, not the "hi" "bye" conversation that's passed off as fellowship these days. Overall, I've not had much fellowship, at least not fellowship like I had with my friend in college, and I've never had fellowship with a Reformed believer (I would count my wife, but she's greatly lacking in knowledge, and to be honest, I think just goes along with what I say because I'm her husband and when we do talk a little she finds herself in agreement, though I've never pushed my way of thinking on her), and not sure I ever will (apart from internet discussion), it's not looking that way. It is rare to find a person who takes God seriously enough to want to talk to Him and about Him all the time, and even if they do, quite frankly the society we live in doesn't allow for it in most cases. The moral decay of our society is one evidence of the hostility towards Christianity, and with that hostility, losses in fellowship.

At one time I've had good fellowship, but he turned out to be a cultist later on. I haven't spoken with him since.

When I say fellowship, I mean something real. Something more than just a superficial smile and a pat on the back.
If they are truly my brothers and sisters why don't they act like it?

I know real fellowship exists. I know it does. I'm going to find it somehow.

I do love talking to others in Calvinism Fellowship, Discussion and Debate (CFDD a group on Facebook), but I want to meet with someone.

It seems like others in that group were blessed with good churches where they have genuine fellowship and they actually care about their walk with God more than the football game last Sunday (not that there's anything wrong with football, but I prefer to talk about other things).

I did meet one person who is becoming a close friend (though I haven't spoke to her in a while). She's helped me through a lot. Trouble is she's not from around here moved out of my state long ago.
I would do anything for that kind of fellowship again.
I mean, she knew all the Puritans, knew all about theology, and was just on fire for God. She wants to be a female John Calvin.
I'm just tired of online fellowship. I need something personal.

I wish my current gf was more on fire for God. But lately she's been treating me pretty harshly...she's the one who brought up suicide. I love her, but she's not the godliest women I ever met.
I need someone closer to God in my life.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I really don't. I just wish I could find one person who cares about their relationship with God above all else. JUST ONE.

I know how it is to be picked on in school. I was always a trouble-maker and was hated for it. Then when I became a Christian I was a judgemental bigot.
I lost what little friends I had.

It's been harder lately. I'm left alone with my sin. I hate living like this.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks guys.

Suicide isn't an option for anyone! Listen to the lyrics of Christian music when you're depressed. Whether you are a Christian or not, suicide is stupid, selfish, hateful, and wrong! You'd be amazed at the crosses others have to bear. Some situations in life seem like hell, but I imagine hell is worse. Who wants worse? I'm certainly not trying to sound harsh. But no matter what horrible situations I've been in, I know that God is the ONLY way out. Please read the Psalms and start praising God for things you've been taking for granted. He WILL help you.

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I fell in to sin hard.

The only two things Job got right was that he blamed everything on God and claimed God had every right to do it.

This creation is God's revelation of God's glory; it is His definition of His glory. God sanctifies His chosen people by revealing Himself to us more and more.
God's creation, and our tiny roles in it, are not about us; it's all about God.

This creation is God's definition of God's glory; however, a thing is defined as much by what it is not as it is by what it is. We should not be surprised that God's revelation of God's glory includes defining examples of what God is not.

The only thing left for us to find out is to what degree we will be examples of what God is and to what degree we will be examples of what God is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums