United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
[Fair warning: link goes to radical left NPR]

On why [Russel Moore, editor Christianity Today] thinks Christianity is in crisis:

It was the result of having multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in their preaching — "turn the other cheek" — [and] to have someone come up after to say, "Where did you get those liberal talking points?" And what was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, "I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ," the response would not be, "I apologize." The response would be, "Yes, but that doesn't work anymore. That's weak." And when we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we're in a crisis.
I shan’t participate much in this thread but it’s always good to see my Christian brethren “share in love” their feelings along these lines.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love everything about the way you crafted this thread.

I read this today and it saddened my heart, especially as a believer in Jesus. This behavior seems Trump-inspired. The pastor quoted members using words Trump uses. If Christians are more inspired by Trump than Jesus then the "organized" religion of Christianity IS in a crisis.The Christian Nationalism fad is hurting both Christianity and America, in my opinion.

Upvote 0