✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes. JW.

He doesn't actually see his mail. He has an office at the Vatican where the mail is sorted into categories, summarised (E.g. Your Holiness, today you received 189 letters saying that you are cute and 74 mentioning that you should drop a few pounds.). But when they receive a sizable number of letters saying the same thing, they report that. If the letters are about specific matters, they go to the appropriate dicasteries, who report anything significant to the Holy Father's secretary or to the Pope himself.

E-mail and snail mail are treated the same way. I'll do both. But I prefer snail mail for reasons of my own.

:D Ah my dear Michelina, you are a veritable compendium of obscure and valuable information!

:hug: :kiss:

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Isn't October dedicated to the Holy Angels? St. Michael the Archangel is celebrated during October.

I miss the prayers to St. Michael the Archangel ... defend us in the day of battle, be our safeguard ...

Yes it is. The feast day is Friday. Does the EOC have feast day for the Holy Angels?

Why do you miss it?

Peace

Upvote 0

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
So whats the adress and what should this letter say.

I'll get to this tomorrow, JW. Too late for me now.

I hope that we can coordinate this well enough for Mother Angelica to think it's a good idea. If she puts the idea on the network, Pope Benedict will eventually hear about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Here are some addresses someone made avilable to me. You can write the Pope and CC some of the others, e.g. the Cong. for Divine Worship, which has authority over the Mass.

His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI PP.
00120 Via del Pellegrino
Citta del Vaticano

OR

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI
Apostolic Palace
VATICAN CITY

OR

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI
Vatican City State, 00120
Italy

E-mail: [ benedictxvi@vatican.va ]

Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship

Antonio Maria Cardinal Javierre Ortas
Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship
Piazza Pio XII 10
00193 Rome, VATICAN CITY

Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine Faith

Prefect Archbishop William Joseph Levada
Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine Faith
Piazza del S. Uffizio 11
00193 Rome, VATICAN CITY

E-mail: cdf@cfaith.va

Sacred Congregation for Bishops

Bernardin Cardinal Gantin
Sacred Congregation for Bishops
Piazza Pio XII 10
00193 Rome, VATICAN CITY

OR

Archbishop Gabriel Montalvo
U.S. Apostolic Nunciature
3339 Massachusetts Ave. N.W.
Washington DC 20008

And I really think a letter to EWTN is important too.

Upvote 0

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Gr8 idea. :hug: Should have the children at school make their letters too.

But, I doubt that idea will work ...getting the kids to make letters. But it would be a nice idea. :amen:
We need Angels to bring this to Pope Benedict's ears. I was thinking of EWTN but letters from children could work too.

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A priest told me that the reason this was changed was because we should not have the impression that the Mass is not enough. That the Mass is perfect and devotions don't need to be added to it. I think I will look into it and find out more. But there's nothing to stop us from praying these prayers after Mass. Private devotion is always good. And we will know that we are not alone in our prayer because we have the communion of Saints, and others from CF will be praying.

I have to admit that my sister and I always pray 'blessed Michael the Archangel...' after Mass. We pray it with the current culture of sexual immorality in mind.

http://smcenter.org/prayerhistory.htm

This is indeed a good idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.