Not open for further replies.

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
What an Idea!

I talked to my Aunt today. This is usually an arduous task, requiring at least an hour of my time. But it was well worth it today because she said something that I thought was quite brilliant:

"I wish the Pope would restore the Prayers after Mass.
We could all pray the 3 Hail Mary’s and the Memorare
For the Conversion of all Moslems to Catholicism."

My aunt is 60. When she was young, every Mass was followed by 3 Hail Mary’s, the Memorare, and the Prayer to St Michael. If the entire Church asks Our Blessed Mother to join us in our prayer, her Son will be pleased.

I just wrote a brief note to our Holy Father. I’ll mail it tomorrow. Later I’ll e-mail him (office@net.va) him. But a handful of people on OBOB is not going to make much of an impression. So I’ll CC Mother Angelica, his right hand man. Her snail mail addy is EWTN, 5817 Old Leeds Rd., Irondale, AL, 35210 + 2164

Mary is a bridge to the Moslems. Her appearance at Fatima was the first of modern times in which she asked for prayer. Fatima was the name of Mohammed’s beloved daughter. Mary is mentioned, by name, in the Koran @ 35 times. Many Moslems have a deep affection for her. Her home in Ephesus is a place of Pilgrimage for more Moslems than Catholics. Moslems even go to Fatima in Portugal. Her image in Guadalupe, Mexico is connected to the Fatima in Portugal where the devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe originated. I’ve always thought that in the image of herself that she left there, she looked Palestinian.

Here’s someone else who would join in our prayer: http://www.catholic-church.org/apcarmel/saints.htm#9

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What an Idea!

I talked to my Aunt today. This is usually an arduous task, requiring at least an hour of my time. But it was well worth it today because she said something that I thought was quite brilliant:

"I wish the Pope would restore the Prayers after Mass.

We could all pray the 3 Hail Mary’s and the Memorare
For the Conversion of all Moslems to Catholicism."

My aunt is 60. When she was young, every Mass was followed by 3 Hail Mary’s, the Memorare, and the Prayer to St Michael. If the entire Church asks Our Blessed Mother to join us in our prayer, her Son will be pleased.

Mary is a bridge to the Moslems. Her appearance at Fatima was the first of modern times in which she asked for prayer. Fatima was the name of Mohammed’s beloved daughter. Mary is mentioned, by name, in the Koran @ 35 times. Many Moslems have a deep affection for her. Her home in Ephesus is a place of Pilgrimage for more Moslems than Catholics. Moslems even go to Fatima in Portugal. Her image in Guadalupe, Mexico is connected to the Fatima in Portugal where the devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe originated. I’ve always thought that in the image of herself that she left there, she looked Palestinian.

Here’s someone else who would join in our prayer: http://www.catholic-church.org/apcarmel/saints.htm#9

I remember those days too. Ask her to come online. Check out my age too. :D

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Count me in as well! I'll write the Pope, via snail mail and email, my bishop, my priest...and Mother Angelica.

We could also start a rosary thread for our petition to be seen, among the mountian of mail, I am sure the Holy Father receives daily.

Maybe until something officially happens, we could just do it after Mass ourselves and try to get others in our parishes to participate.

Give Auntie a hug from me...and be sure and say.."Peace be with you" ;)

Peace be with you...Pam

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
What is this letter writing...do you mean to the Pope...you can actually write to him?
Yes. JW.

He doesn't actually see his mail. He has an office at the Vatican where the mail is sorted into categories, summarised (E.g. Your Holiness, today you received 189 letters saying that you are cute and 74 mentioning that you should drop a few pounds.). But when they receive a sizable number of letters saying the same thing, they report that. If the letters are about specific matters, they go to the appropriate dicasteries, who report anything significant to the Holy Father's secretary or to the Pope himself.

E-mail and snail mail are treated the same way. I'll do both. But I prefer snail mail for reasons of my own.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.