The only beauty is found in Christ...
Aug 17, 2012
Fort Garland,CO
✟16,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want these verses to be an encouragement to all of the women who are asking God to teach them how to be a woman of God. Please share any other verses that may be on your heart...

[B]1Timothy 2:9- I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearl s or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Proverbs 31:30-Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

1Peter 3:3-Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
i thought of starting a thread to inquire into folks thoughts on "head covering " not to do with the topic as a stand alone subject, but as a study in regard to the immediate heart attitude and response when the topic is raised.

i mind not what a woman of God does , if she is doing what ever she does in loving obedience to the Lord Jesus, then may God bless her all the more .

but i am interested in dealing with the attitude that seems to prevail so much these days ..not an attitude of , well maybe if it pleases the lord then i will happily do it , but rather .. an almost instant balking against it and then listing so many reasons.. where is loving obedience for the word of God - why do we of this modern age question everything and reason it into insignificance with so many words .

your posts intrigue me - so i thought id ask you instead:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Life4Ever

May 14, 2011
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want these verses to be an encouragement to all of the women who are asking God to teach them how to be a woman of God. Please share any other verses that may be on your heart...

[B]1Timothy 2:9- I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearl s or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Proverbs 31:30-Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

1Peter 3:3-Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Love this! And also the last chapter in Proverbs! I know its quoted alot but I do love it =)

Upvote 0