a friend in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really good friend who just left for Iraq yesterday. He was supposed to leave a few weeks ago, but his orders kept getting changed. He's probably the only friend I've ever had (other than God) that I can always depend on and trust, and I am SO afraid that he's going to get hurt. We almost started dating last year, but I told him I didn't want to take our relationship to that level, and lately I've really been regretting that. I care about him SO much and I don't think I could stand it if something happened to him. He doesn't know how much I care about him either...although I plan on telling him the very next time I hear from him. Please pray for him and his safe return. thanks

*Drops~Of~Jupiter* - my 20 yr old Nephew (Marine) is on his wait to Kuwait/ Iraq also. It's very difficult to remove the possibilities from your mind, but put ALL of your faith in the Lord for He will never give you something you can't handle.

This is my prayer for my nephew and let it be our prayer for your friend too.

Lord, please look after these boys while there away and bring them back men who will glorify You. Please give them and their comrades clarity and understanding during the trials you will put them through. Give them strength to follow their orders and courage to make the right decisions. Jesus continually to have your robe wrapped around them in defense.

In Jesus name.

Also, I have a 12 yr enlisted Marine friend who said this:

Just don't ask too much.  I feel there is such a thing as knowing too much.
Just know that he's in good hands.  The Marine Corps is a good club, and I
know you're proud he chose to be one of us.  Wish him the best for me as
well, will you?  If anything happens, know he's doing what he wants to do
and is serving his country proudly and with honor.  :)

My Nephew and yoru friend are in a good club and all of them look out for one another. In his situation, he's the safest he can be.

Prayer, love, and strength. :pray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.