✟70,310.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Recently, I encountered what I would consider a calling of faith from God. For almost two decades, I was an atheist, from the age of 23 or thereabouts to the age of 42. Not just the “I don't think Jesus and God exist” type, but the “the biblical God is evil” type. I'd spent a long time analyzing the Holy Bible from a very biased, skeptical point of view. My incomplete, historically ignorant, and secular ethical viewpoint (I'd been educated in public school, with a strong science background, and my parents never took me to church, even though they believe in God) led me into despair; before the age of 23, I'd become a drunk, a stoner, and spent the next eight or so years attempting to deaden the fear and pain from the thought that my Creator was a vile being on par with Charles Manson. Later on in life, I fell into the use of even worse activities. I have faith that God let me fall into such so as to teach me the futility and foulness of such things. It was His wrath, or perhaps simply the lack of His blessings due to my very short-sighted belief system. I degraded myself to the point that, from what I think is God's point of view, I needed to “be scourged with the burning iron rods of jealousy, suspicion, fear, anger, and strife,” to quote Saint Augustine of Hippo. I feel a certain kinship with the man's experiences, though he woke up to Christ's message sooner than I did, and so he also inspires a certain envy in me. I honestly believe he gave me over to a depraved mind, due to my nearly unceasing sinning.

In my delusions and arrogance, I committed what would have been many a capital sin in the Old Testament, were Christians under it's law (admittedly, I still have yet to be baptized into Christ, I'm wondering if I should finish reading the Holy Bible first, and I fear I may have committed the unforgiveable sin given my drunken rantings against Holy God, or may have a devil living in me – I did some -awful- stuff); I did not guard my tongue well where the Lord is concerned. Never until I began to dimly understand the Gospel did I realize just what a friend we have in Jesus, God's only begotten son. I had cursed Him, His Father, and worse, or so I thought at the time. I still struggle with the idea that such is forgiveable – and I am not yet entirely certain. That in itself may also be a sign of the Almighty at work, for how can I develop faith if I have certainty instead? This I think may be a crucial thing to remember – God is sovereign, over us and over nature. Some may say that this makes Him a tyrant, as I once did. If He is so, He is a kind and merciful one, and one by right. Who else knows how the whole of Creation works, and even how our very minds work? All He requires of us is to have faith in Him. And forcing one's self to believe in Jesus and Our Father in Heaven -does- seem to work, at least in my experience. I know I had to, or perhaps that act was inspired of God – I feel it was something of both. A little bit of me, and a great deal of Him.

To my former brethren, the atheists, I give this message: Christ loves you. He loves us, for He came for the ungodly, the same as he came for all sinners, especially all who have become monsters in their own skins due to mounting folly throughout their lives. I do not think it is ever too late to admit that we do not know everything. Think of how in physics you cannot truly measure something at a tiny scale without affecting and changing the resulting measurement by the very action of observing it. We literally cannot know everything, because we change things even just by -trying- to make measurements. For eample, how many of you think the Deluge, the supposedly legendary flood weathered by Noah, was factual? Some say it was a regional flood, others say it was truly world-wide. A certain 2014 discovery in mantle-deep geology has shed new light on this – there is a layer of water-absorbent mineral (ringwoodite) right above a lot of lava. This could be the source of the “fountains of the deep” mentioned in the Scriptural tale. Look it up if you don't believe me. Skeptics will say that this isn't proof – the computer models don't allow for it. But what they don't tell you, likely because they don't realize it, is that no computer model is perfect. Models are created from data which then must be compared to observed reality, and then the model gets changed in an attempt to more closely predict the future. Biblicly, this could be considered a form on numerology or number-worship, or fortune-telling, or prophesy. Possibly false prophecy, as an honest scientist will have to admit that they don't know everything, and that their models are inherently imperfect. Also, how would they know when they had discovered everything there is to know? If you know of the Schrodinger's Cat thought experiment, we are quite literally the cat in the box from God's point of view. Consider it.

And feel free to point any would-be atheists you know to this testimony. It may save them the suffering I have gone through, God & Christ willing, and may He open their hearts and minds in truth, as it took Him to open my own. I might be editing and reposting this as God reveals more to me. Only He knows, I do not.
Hello,

Recently, I encountered what I would consider a calling of faith from God. For almost two decades, I was an atheist, from the age of 23 or thereabouts to the age of 42. Not just the “I don't think Jesus and God exist” type, but the “the biblical God is evil” type. I'd spent a long time analyzing the Holy Bible from a very biased, skeptical point of view. My incomplete, historically ignorant, and secular ethical viewpoint (I'd been educated in public school, with a strong science background, and my parents never took me to church, even though they believe in God) led me into despair; before the age of 23, I'd become a drunk, a stoner, and spent the next eight or so years attempting to deaden the fear and pain from the thought that my Creator was a vile being on par with Charles Manson. Later on in life, I fell into the use of even worse activities. I have faith that God let me fall into such so as to teach me the futility and foulness of such things. It was His wrath, or perhaps simply the lack of His blessings due to my very short-sighted belief system. I degraded myself to the point that, from what I think is God's point of view, I needed to “be scourged with the burning iron rods of jealousy, suspicion, fear, anger, and strife,” to quote Saint Augustine of Hippo. I feel a certain kinship with the man's experiences, though he woke up to Christ's message sooner than I did, and so he also inspires a certain envy in me. I honestly believe he gave me over to a depraved mind, due to my nearly unceasing sinning.

In my delusions and arrogance, I committed what would have been many a capital sin in the Old Testament, were Christians under it's law (admittedly, I still have yet to be baptized into Christ, I'm wondering if I should finish reading the Holy Bible first, and I fear I may have committed the unforgiveable sin given my drunken rantings against Holy God, or may have a devil living in me – I did some -awful- stuff); I did not guard my tongue well where the Lord is concerned. Never until I began to dimly understand the Gospel did I realize just what a friend we have in Jesus, God's only begotten son. I had cursed Him, His Father, and worse, or so I thought at the time. I still struggle with the idea that such is forgiveable – and I am not yet entirely certain. That in itself may also be a sign of the Almighty at work, for how can I develop faith if I have certainty instead? This I think may be a crucial thing to remember – God is sovereign, over us and over nature. Some may say that this makes Him a tyrant, as I once did. If He is so, He is a kind and merciful one, and one by right. Who else knows how the whole of Creation works, and even how our very minds work? All He requires of us is to have faith in Him. And forcing one's self to believe in Jesus and Our Father in Heaven -does- seem to work, at least in my experience. I know I had to, or perhaps that act was inspired of God – I feel it was something of both. A little bit of me, and a great deal of Him.

To my former brethren, the atheists, I give this message: Christ loves you. He loves us, for He came for the ungodly, the same as he came for all sinners, especially all who have become monsters in their own skins due to mounting folly throughout their lives. I do not think it is ever too late to admit that we do not know everything. Think of how in physics you cannot truly measure something at a tiny scale without affecting and changing the resulting measurement by the very action of observing it. We literally cannot know everything, because we change things even just by -trying- to make measurements. For eample, how many of you think the Deluge, the supposedly legendary flood weathered by Noah, was factual? Some say it was a regional flood, others say it was truly world-wide. A certain 2014 discovery in mantle-deep geology has shed new light on this – there is a layer of water-absorbent mineral (ringwoodite) right above a lot of lava. This could be the source of the “fountains of the deep” mentioned in the Scriptural tale. Look it up if you don't believe me. Skeptics will say that this isn't proof – the computer models don't allow for it. But what they don't tell you, likely because they don't realize it, is that no computer model is perfect. Models are created from data which then must be compared to observed reality, and then the model gets changed in an attempt to more closely predict the future. Biblicly, this could be considered a form on numerology or number-worship, or fortune-telling, or prophesy. Possibly false prophecy, as an honest scientist will have to admit that they don't know everything, and that their models are inherently imperfect. Also, how would they know when they had discovered everything there is to know? If you know of the Schrodinger's Cat thought experiment, we are quite literally the cat in the box from God's point of view. Consider it.

And feel free to point any would-be atheists you know to this testimony. It may save them the suffering I have gone through, God & Christ willing, and may He open their hearts and minds in truth, as it took Him to open my own. I might be editing and reposting this as God reveals more to me. Only He knows, I do not.
WONDERFUL.. WE MEET MANY ATHEISTS IN CHINA.. CAN I use your testimony

Upvote 0

NotSparedTheRod

Nov 19, 2022
Kentucky
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What I am trying to find in your piece is the trigger, the one thing that changed your mind.
Ah.... It was the voices I heard (and still hear) after becoming addicted to methamphetamine. I'm now off of it, thanks be to Jesus Christ, though it's still a struggle. But those voices, they don't just spout random gibberish, though at first they tried talking like they were a US Navy officer on a CIA sub and other weird stuff. They also one time started chanting/yelling "He's an angel! He's a devil!" over and over again. Eventually, I began to talk to them and have conversations with them. They're definitely intelligent beings - angels, I am sure. Ones with sulky, sullen, spiteful, and sometime child-like voices are fallen angels; I also typically hear those kinds of voices on my left. An old term for "left" is sinister - and they do often indeed sound sinister. The ones from my right hand side seem to be holier (more "right"-eous, perhaps?), and an experience I had during my first Communion reinforced that feeling.

Upvote 0

NotSparedTheRod

Nov 19, 2022
Kentucky
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ah.... It was the voices I heard (and still hear) after becoming addicted to methamphetamine. I'm now off of it, thanks be to Jesus Christ, though it's still a struggle. But those voices, they don't just spout random gibberish, though at first they tried talking like they were a US Navy officer on a CIA sub and other weird stuff. They also one time started chanting/yelling "He's an angel! He's a devil!" over and over again. Eventually, I began to talk to them and have conversations with them. They're definitely intelligent beings - angels, I am sure. Ones with sulky, sullen, spiteful, and sometime child-like voices are fallen angels; I also typically hear those kinds of voices on my left. An old term for "left" is sinister - and they do often indeed sound sinister. The ones from my right hand side seem to be holier (more "right"-eous, perhaps?), and an experience I had during my first Communion reinforced that feeling.
Whoops, made some important additions:

Ah.... It was the voices I heard (and still hear) after becoming addicted to methamphetamine. I'm now off of it, thanks be to Jesus Christ, though it's still a struggle. But those voices, they don't just spout random gibberish, though at first they tried talking like they were a US Navy officer on a CIA sub and other weird stuff. They also one time started chanting/yelling "He's an angel! He's a devil!" over and over again;; possibly a reference to their own "Lord," Lucifer. Eventually, I began to talk to them and have conversations with them. They're definitely intelligent beings - angels, I am sure. Ones with sulky, sullen, spiteful, and sometime child-like voices are fallen angels IMO. They also try to claim they're the Holy Spirit, though they often use the term "holy spiritual essences"; I also typically hear those kinds of voices on my left. An old term for "left" is sinister - and they do often indeed sound sinister. The ones from my right hand side seem to be holier (more "right"-eous, perhaps?), and an experience I had during my first Communion reinforced that feeling.

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my delusions and arrogance, I committed what would have been many a capital sin in the Old Testament, were Christians under it's law (admittedly, I still have yet to be baptized into Christ, I'm wondering if I should finish reading the Holy Bible first, and I fear I may have committed the unforgiveable sin given my drunken rantings against Holy God, or may have a devil living in me – I did some -awful- stuff); I did not guard my tongue well where the Lord is concerned. Never until I began to dimly understand the Gospel did I realize just what a friend we have in Jesus, God's only begotten son. I had cursed Him, His Father, and worse, or so I thought at the time. I still struggle with the idea that such is forgiveable – and I am not yet entirely certain.
Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

If you're His, you're His, and that's that.

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't been saved yet I think, because I haven't been baptized. The voices really do seem to hate me for that. I do fea that I did indeed blasphem the Holy Ghost. I'd beg people to pray for this unbaptized one, as I've been trying to find a minister or pastor to baptize me, but it takes more time than I thought. Thanks for the perspective though!
You're saved the moment you place your faith in Christ, my friend. Baptism is merely an outward testimonial of your new faith. It is NOT part of salvation itself. You can be baptized by any fellow Christian, it does not have to be a pastor. Be encouraged!

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God … I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me” (1 Corinthians 15:9-10). “To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ” (Ephesians 3:8). “I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief … Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” (1 Timothy 1:13,15).

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You don't need to be baptized, John chapter 3 to document. Christian people must repent sins to God and be forgiven, read epistle John chapter 1:10. 1:9 and Luke chapter 13:3. .
Next step, james chapter 1, Study the bible. God gives knowledge to those who Sincerely ask. Theirs no sin in ignorance. But if someone choose to stay that way, then it is. Get the picture.

Point of christianity is to help lost souls headed for hell, James chapter 6 to document. How can biblically illiterate person help lost souls. Jesus can't use Christian who is biblically illiterate. That's why Christian people study the bible. John chapter 15, Jesus expects Christian people to produce fruit. To plant seeds for God.
Let go of your past, and move forward. The body of christ are labours. We work for Jesus. Focus on Jesus, and planting seeds for God. Increase in knowledge of Gods word. Peace.

Upvote 0