Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So you agree the Biblical world had a flat earth cosmology? That implies that the Bible may also be inaccurate about spiritual matters.
What does a flat earth cosmology have to do with how you treat others?

Are you familiar with Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia

How you treat another person, whether a person is a good Samaritan or not, is irrelevant to the shape of the Earth. When pointing out authentic reasons why the authors of the Bible were limited in their writing to speak about the Earth as flat, it would be incorrect to suggest that the Bible is wrong about spiritual matters.

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,219.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
"So you agree the Biblical world had a flat earth cosmology? That implies that the Bible may also be inaccurate about spiritual matters."
What does a flat earth cosmology have to do with how you treat others?

Are you familiar with Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia

How you treat another person, whether a person is a good Samaritan or not, is irrelevant to the shape of the Earth.
I was talking about spiritual matters such as information about Satan and hell.

When pointing out authentic reasons why the authors of the Bible were limited in their writing to speak about the Earth as flat, it would be incorrect to suggest that the Bible is wrong about spiritual matters.
If the Bible is not the absolute Truth then that brings into question what it says about spiritual matters like Satan and hell. The flat earth cosmology of the Bible doesn't technically prove there are problems with what it says about spiritual matters though.

BTW my post was a reply to JackRT's post #203

As an example of someone who doubts spiritual matters based on science, see post #208

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"So you agree the Biblical world had a flat earth cosmology? That implies that the Bible may also be inaccurate about spiritual matters."

I was talking about spiritual matters such as information about Satan and hell.

If the Bible is not the absolute Truth then that brings into question what it says about spiritual matters like Satan and hell. The flat earth cosmology of the Bible doesn't technically prove there are problems with what it says about spiritual matters though.

BTW my post was a reply to JackRT's post #203

As an example of someone who doubts spiritual matters based on science, see post #208
If anyone browses through Christian only forums, there's a wide variety of discussion about Satan and hell, never mind what Mormons and JW's bring to the table. I believe a fair evaluation would be there is more disagreement than consensus, practically speaking there wouldn't be much activity here otherwise.

The way I see it, what the Bible is conveying about absolute truth does not necessarily match what a reader thinks it's saying about absolute truth.

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,219.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well now YouTube has started inserting this message in videos about a flat earth:

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 6.08.15 pm.png

The flat Earth model is an archaic conception of Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat Earth cosmography, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze ...

BTW recently I was talking to one of my pastors about creationism and a flat earth... he said he hoped I didn't believe in a flat earth.... (and he was also against creationism)

Personally I've heard of some Christians who believe in a flat earth... or that they weren't sure about it....

BTW here is a backup of the site mentioned in the original post:
Over 200 Bible scriptures say the earth is FLAT! #FlatEarthDoctrine

Last edited:
Upvote 0