A finely tuned universe that points to a God.

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Its been a while I will have to go back and refresh my mind. I debate with many people. You seem to be more preoccupied with what I have said or what you have said and what I haven't remember. So this is obviously in your mind at the moment more than I.
Yeah, obviously you learned nothing from the interaction.
From memory you used this as an example for nature being able to make design or complexity.
No, not exactly. It's not "design." But it is complex.
If it is not from a random process then what is it from. If it is pre determined then what makes it that. How doe this example support your case and why did you use it.
Go back and re-read, as you said you would.
But as I said natural can also incorporate random processes.
But it's not equivalent to randomness. You are assuming that natural processes are necessarily random, sporadic, chaotic, etc, and therefore incapable of producing complex structures.
See this is where I disagreed with you and you determined that I was either not listening or confused. Did it ever occur to you that I just disagreed and that was it. You have to accept that people will disagree with you and see things differently. I did post support for why I disagreed. So maybe you didn't accept that. I accept what your view is without attaching any qualification to it.
No, not after I had already dispelled the misconceptions underlying your disagreement - on multiple occasions. At what point does it become wilful ignorance, steve?
So I misconstrue things. misconstruing something means the person has listened but they have misinterpreted what is said. So thats not a case of not listening like how you have been claiming. Maybe its a case that I interpret the evidence differently to you and thats what you are seeing. As with convergent evolution. You claimed it had a particular interpretation. I disagreed and had a different interpretation based on what I believed the evidence was showing. But because I have this different view doesn't mean I am misconstruing things.
What you "believed the evidence was showing" was based on a number of misconceptions, which were addressed several times.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So if we see a bunch or rocks banked up in a stream we may think they are randomly put there through the river washing them into that place. But if we see a pile of rocks neatly stacked on top of each other to form a wall or are neatly place one on top of the other to make a totem like structure we would expect that someone had designed that. So design has purpose. So nature can have some aspects of design but there is no foreseeable direction or purpose.

OK. What does this have to do with anything? Remember that your job is to come up with a model describing how universes are formed to back up your claim that the particular configuration we see is impossible without your god. The fact that people can put rocks in a line really doesn't do anything to help you out here.

Doesn't science say that the universe started with random fluctuations in a quantum vacuum.

You tell us. You're the one certain that you know how the whole process works and that the process requires a god to fine tune things.

Then the big bang happened and as we see with the background radiation from the big bang it dispersed energy all over the place. I understand it was an expansion but that is still a random dispersion

If it is an expansion, that's not a random dispersion. That's quite directed. And also quite naturalistic with no evidence of design. Seems like a bad example for you to use to confuse directed with guided with created.

So from this random event we ended up with very precise parameters which allow life.

In basically none of the universe.

If the event was random doesn't that say that there could have been more than one possibility. Not 3 possibilities or 10 possibilities but many.

No. If you believe this, you'd have to say that coin flips aren't random since they can only have 2 outcomes instead of many. Luckily that's not what the word means.

In fact a popular scientific theory to deal with the fine tuning is multiverses. Multiverse say that there could be billions of alternative universes with different physical parameters. So even science acknowledges the fine tuning problem by using a multiverse idea.

You'll need to provide evidence that there's a cause and effect relationship at work here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, obviously you learned nothing from the interaction.
Ok if thats what you think. But thats a big assumption from me saying I cant remember exactly what we talked about in detail. Besides who is the teacher for me to learn something. Is that teacher being independent and unbiased in their views.

No, not exactly. It's not "design." But it is complex.
Well yeah you said that nature can produce complexity. I cant help but refer to it as design as well.

Go back and re-read, as you said you would.
I'm not sure its worth it from the way you are coming across at the moment. But if it will ignite a good debate I am always up for that.

But it's not equivalent to randomness. You are assuming that natural processes are necessarily random, sporadic, chaotic, etc, and therefore incapable of producing complex structures.
I never said it was equivalent to randomness.You came in on a discussion about how the universe came into existence. Scientists have acknowledged that it began as a random event. I am questioning what you interpret a natural process is. What you determine that nature can create without the evidence to back it up. And you may also be assuming that natural process also doesn't have randomness, sporadic and chaotic aspects as well. I have acknowledged that both aspects of randomness and patterns can be involved in nature. Its not as simple as saying nature can do this or that. There needs to be thorough investigation as to what is random and what is pre determined and how design works in all of this.

No, not after I had already dispelled the misconceptions underlying your disagreement - on multiple occasions. At what point does it become wilful ignorance, steve?
OK I am not going to go into it just now. I will go back and revise what you said exactly and what I posted. You are obviously not posting anything to verify what was said so who knows. I will come back to this so and answer this with support later.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
havnt you been reading the links I have posted. If scientists say that if we change the current ratio of our physical constants

I was asking how you know these constants could be different, not what would happen if they were different, so all of the stuff you posted is irrelevant.

Yes but the laws that make that book fall to the floor, where did they come from.

I have no idea. Neither do you. The difference is that I'm not telling everyone that god fine tuned them so that humans could exist here on earth.

I am trying to understand what you are saying. Are you saying that the fine tuning of the universe was deterministic.

No. I'm saying you have no idea why they are what they are. Pretending that gods must be responsible is just one random baseless guess out an infinite number of possibilities.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well yeah you said that nature can produce complexity. I cant help but refer to it as design as well.

If that is the definition you're going to use for the word then the design you think is apparent in the universe could doesn't require any sort of intelligence.

Scientists have acknowledged that it began as a random event.

Citation needed.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ok if thats what you think. But thats a big assumption from me saying I cant remember exactly what we talked about in detail. Besides who is the teacher for me to learn something. Is that teacher being independent and unbiased in their views.
I've repeatedly suggested that you seek out courses on this topic. You declined.
Then you can't help but conflate complexity with design, which obviously creates problems when one speaks of complex structures that weren't designed.
I never said it was equivalent to randomness.
Oh please... everyone can see how you've been conflating 'natural' with 'random'. Don't back-peddle.
You came in on a discussion about how the universe came into existence. Scientists have acknowledged that it began as a random event. I am questioning what you interpret a natural process is. What you determine that nature can create without the evidence to back it up.
Oh, for goodness sake...

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
From memory you used this as an example for nature being able to make design or complexity. If it is not from a random process then what is it from.

A non-random natural process, obviously.

If nature is random, then a stream should go uphill as much as it goes downhill, right? Obviously, nature isn't always random.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A non-random natural process, obviously.

If nature is random, then a stream should go uphill as much as it goes downhill, right? Obviously, nature isn't always random.
The reason it runs down hill and not up is the law of gravity. But where did that law come from. Can you explain how it came into existence from a naturalistic non random process. Because that is what gave that river its predictable pattern in the first place. So the point is was that law from design or a random process in the beginning. A designer can make something with controls but still allow for individual random occurrences within those boundaries. So the important thing is where did that original law which controls everything come from.

As with the river, gravity is what causes the water to run down hill but each river is subject to random events such as what particular obstacles or material are in those rivers ect. Each river will then have their individual random effects from whatever each river is subject to. So nature is both random and shows predictable patterns. But observing the the river run down hill from gravity doesn't explain anything or prove that nature can create something that seems designed or have patterns. Thats just an observation without any verified evidence about what actually caused the controlling factor in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The reason it runs down hill and not up is the law of gravity.

Correct. Therefore, physical laws can cause some natural processes to be non-random. Congratulations, you just solved the problem.

But where did that law come from.

We don't need to know where the laws come from in order to determine that they are non-random.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Correct. Therefore, physical laws can cause some natural processes to be non-random. Congratulations, you just solved the problem.
We don't need to know where the laws come from in order to determine that they are non-random.
Yes but where did those physical laws come from. If they are the result of some design in life then the source isn't purely from nature. It seems your trying to credit nature with designing everything when the origins of naturalistic processes are not from design but random processes. The laws and guiding mechanisms have to be established and in place to start with to allow things like rivers to run their course.

How does nature create things like gravity out of no gravity. How does nature create the fine tuning between gravity and the so called dark energy that keeps the universe static. Changing the ratio of this by the tiniest of fractions will change things to the point of not allowing life. So how did this fine tuned balance come into existence in the first place from a naturalistic process that doesn't have design or intention or purpose. yet the balance is so precise it seems to pre determine the just right conditions to allow life and our universe in the first place. So its now the river that is the driving factor it is the laws of nature that give this direction and order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've repeatedly suggested that you seek out courses on this topic. You declined.
As I said I have already been studying these topics for at least 25 hours a week for a long time. I have recently finished two diplomas and I am just starting a degree in social science which covers biology as an elective so this will further my studies.

Then you can't help but conflate complexity with design, which obviously creates problems when one speaks of complex structures that weren't designed.
Thats part of the point isn't it how do you know they weren't designed. Isn't that the point of this debate. It seems you dont give any acknowledgement that design is associated with complexity. Yet can you show me evidence that nature can design things without any design or intelligence being there in the first place.

The thing is your claim that complexity can be found in non designed things like evolution and physics is based on a world view in the first place and thats what you forget. You believe all life and existence came from no life and existence or something along those lines. That the laws of physics, the code for life was once not there and somehow through a naturalistic process that didn't involve any intelligence created these laws and codes for life and existence. That has not been scientifically verified. So thats the point you believe one thing and I believe that there is evidence that life came from intelligence and is designed. All you may be doing is taking the results of design and attributing it to your view of nature.

Oh please... everyone can see how you've been conflating 'natural' with 'random'. Don't back-peddle.
The origin of how life and existence came about does come from a non designed and random process. What else could it have come from if none of the information needed for life to begin was there. What you see after the laws of nature and physics are already established and may be the workings of those basic governing laws and everything else just follows. Show me the evidence of how those controlling laws for everything to operate came about through nature without a designer, intelligence or pre existing information. Thats the crux of the matter isn't it.

Oh, for goodness sake...
Thats about right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As I said I have already been studying these topics for at least 25 hours a week for a long time.
I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't show.
I have recently finished two diplomas and I am just starting a degree in social science which covers biology so this will further my studies.
That's honestly very god to hear.
Thats part of the point isn't it. That is part of design. It seems you dont give any acknowledgement that design is associated with complexity.
I do. But I don't assume 'complexity' = 'design'.
The thing is your claim that complexity can be found in non designed things like evolution and and physics is based on a world view in the first place and thats what you forget. You believe all life and existence came from no life and existence or something along those lines. That the laws of physics, the code for life was once not there and somehow through a naturalistic process that didn't involve any intelligence created everything. That has not been scientifically verified.
And ID has been scientifically verified? No, which is why you depend on arguments from ignorance in your attempts to support ID.
So thats the point you believe one thing and I believe that there is evidence that life came from intelligence and is designed.
Except you don't have evidence for that. You just have fallacious arguments from ignorance. That's not evidence. You assume that "we don't know how this came about" somehow translates to "therefore, it was designed."
The origin of how life and existence came about does come from a non designed and random process. what else could it have come from. What you see after the laws of nature are already established may be the workings of those basic governing laws and everything else just follows. Show me the evidence of how those controlling laws for everything to operate came about through nature without a designer or intelligence. Thats the crux of the matter isn't it.
Show me how it came about with an intelligent designer. Maybe if your hypothesis actually explained something it would be taken seriously.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Yes but where did those physical laws come from.

We have yet to determine if they came from random or non-random processes.

It seems your trying to credit nature with designing everything when the origins of naturalistic processes are not from design but random processes.

I am crediting nature for designing what we have evidence for nature designing. That includes galaxies, geology, and biology.

The laws and guiding mechanisms have to be established and in place to start with to allow things like rivers to run their course.

We don't need to know where they came from in order to determine what those laws have produced since they arrived.

How does nature create things like gravity out of no gravity.

Where did you demonstrate that gravity came from no gravity?

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't show.
That once again is your opinion. I think if you go back over my posts you will find they are thoroughly investigated with ample references. I may not know the more detailed information at the expert level but I do know enough about the basic differences between design and what natural processes like Darwinian evolution and a world view on how life and existence came about. Luckily I can reference the experts work as well to help support my views.
That's honestly very god to hear.
Yes I thought you'd be happy with that. But I have been studying this area for some time now and believe that I will have a reasonable head start on my studies. So it wont be completely alien to me.
I do. But I don't assume 'complexity' = 'design'.
If it acts like its designed, reacts like its designed and looks like its designed then chances are its designed. Yes this the the point of difference. All the complex machinery and technology we see that humans have made we instantly recognize that as being designed. Yet when it comes to life we suddenly think different. The evidence of a detailed explanation for how that complexity came about through a non designed naturalistic process it is vastly lacking and well beyond its capabilities. At the same time the parallels between man made design and design in nature are stunning.

And ID has been scientifically verified? No, which is why you depend on arguments from ignorance in your attempts to support ID.
Well it seems to be more supported than you give credit. Its very hard for ID to be recognized by the scientific world to begin with let alone be judged on its merits. There is a massive bias against it not because its not science but because it contradicts a lot of what the main consensus of the scientific world view is.
But there has been more and more evidence and support coming out in the last few years which cant be fobbed off as rubbish from highly respected and knowledgeable experts.

Except you don't have evidence for that. You just have fallacious arguments from ignorance. That's not evidence. You assume that "we don't know how this came about" somehow translates to "therefore, it was designed."
No they are not arguments from ignorance. They are not even my views. I have posted many peer reviewed articles on the subject which you seem to reject out of hand all the time. Here once again is a few choice ones.

The Coherence of an Engineered World
This peer-reviewed scientific paper argues that we live in an “engineered world.” It observes that “Human-engineered systems are characterized by stability, predictability, reliability, transparency, controllability, efficiency, and (ideally) optimality. These features are also prevalent throughout the natural systems that make up the cosmos. However, the level of engineering appears to be far above and beyond, or transcendent of, current human capabilities.”
http://www.witpress.com/elibrary/wit-transactions-on-ecology-and-the-environment/114/19279

The following paper speaks about the difficulties of mutations being able to change an existing protein by eliminating the present function and then replacing it with a completely new ability that is functional.
Estimating the prevalence of protein sequences adopting functional enzyme folds
Combined with the estimated prevalence of plausible hydropathic patterns (for any fold) and of relevant folds for particular functions, this implies the overall prevalence of sequences performing a specific function by any domain-sized fold may be as low as 1 in 10(77), adding to the body of evidence that functional folds require highly extraordinary sequences.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15321723

Along with the fact that evidence shows that mutations cant evolve protein structures that are functional and there is also evidence that the information needed for the variety and complexity of proteins fold may be pre existing and universal in structure and form.
The protein folds as platonic forms: new support for the pre-Darwinian conception of evolution by natural law.
The folds are evidently determined by natural law, not natural selection, and are "lawful forms" in the Platonic and pre-Darwinian sense of the word, which are bound to occur everywhere in the universe where the same 20 amino acids are used for their construction.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12419661

Show me how it came about with an intelligent designer. Maybe if your hypothesis actually explained something it would be taken seriously.
The evidence doesn't have to be showing a particular intelligent designer. It just has to show that there is intelligent design in life.

Predictions of Design (Hypothesis):

(1) High information content machine-like irreducibly complex structures will be found.
(2) Forms will be found in the fossil record that appear suddenly and without any precursors.
(3) Genes and functional parts will be re-used in different unrelated organisms.
(4) The genetic code will NOT contain much discarded genetic baggage code or function-less "junk DNA".

The following paper, co-authored by a theoretical biologist and an environmental biologist, explicitly challenges the ability of Darwinian mechanisms or self-organizational models to account for the origin of the language-based chemical code underlying life. They explain that “evolutionary algorithms, neural nets, and cellular automata have not been shown to self-organize spontaneously into nontrivial functions.” The authors observe that life, “typically contains large quantities of prescriptive information.” They further argue that “prescription requires choice contingency rather than chance contingency or necessity,” entailing a necessary appeal to an intelligent cause.
Self-organization vs. self-ordering events in life-origin model

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064506000224

The next paper seeks to address the question, “If all known life depends upon genetic instructions, how was the first linear digital prescriptive genetic information generated by natural process?”
The Capabilities of Chaos and Complexity
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2662469/

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The thread degenerated, as atheists won't be able to respond to all points while being consistent with their position, and this response with saying nothing about the points I just had posted shows that.

What do you mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread sure degenerated, as it is likely such threads do, from what would be discussed from the original posted topic for it. I agree with atheists on one specific thing anyway, it is wasted effort on arguing for belief in what the Bible says to them, it will be dismissed in any case, certainly while they are atheists. Their position, arguing for natural processes explaining everything, should be challenged, and the fine-tuned universe that is showing as the original topic was addressing is basis for such challenge. As it cannot be justly dismissed with enough basis, those honest enough to see that can then be given the evidence of the resurrection of Jesus to consider.

It is as I had said. Either way you have to have faith, whichever position in the argument you take. If it is that there can't be the Creator to explain everything, you who are atheist lack what should deal with necessary existence that must be there, and you have to have faith that there are huge numbers in a multitude of alternate universes, with what is known of the exactness of physical constants in our universe being needed with a big bang to explain it as it is, while there is zero evidence of any one alternate universe.

To say that the odds are too far against those constants being just right for it without it planned and brought about does not have need for there to be knowledge of other universes, as there certainly isn't among any of us, and there is no evidence at all of such. So it is, the universe coming from the presumed big bang with universal constants being only slightly different would not have us or any kind of life possible, this we can know, as scientists do. With our one universe, there isn't such probability for it to be expected at all. If the constants are not in any way parameters that are set, no other universes from their big bangs could have the possibility either. But with no connection to anything including our existence to be permitted with our universe those parameters would be too unlikely to just be exactly what they are to correspond to this being permitted, with slight differences not permitting such. But if they are possibly arranged differently, there is evidence of God, and only seeking explanation without necessary existence finds this need for many other universes to explain ours, while there still is absolutely no evidence for such, and it would be inadequate with no explanation for anything ultimately, with dismissing necessary existence.

There must be the necessary existence behind the universal constants which are needed to be just as they are with the universe coming from the big bang.

I think all the complexity that works so well in many cases that are not from any human origin of design is good evidence, and there are so many testimonies supporting the perspective of God's involvement. And the universe itself, with what I see must be with fine-tuning of parameters to explain it coming from a big bang, isn't with a good explanation other than there being necessary existence behind it all with intelligence and power for all the design, with there being evidence for God that is mentioned, and theorizing multiple universes so that this one working, and with us in it, is possible to explain it is without any evidence at all.

The unlikelihood of the parameters of our universe being just as they are to permit us according to the big bang is with it so improbable, without knowledge of such other universes, that is why there is a faith that there are such without any of the evidence for that. So with this I don't have to provide further basis showing that it is only faith without evidence that there are so many other universes and from that we are of the universe that works out. If it were otherwise, than it is for any of you of that position to show there really is the evidence, and with even that still to show there isn't the Creator explaining all. This can't be done, can it? And in all this nothing is explaining the necessary existence.

My position calls for any who claim there are multitudes of other universes to show any evidence of any others. There isn't any evidence and this I can say. And showing anything of any other things were being discovered doesn't do anything of showing there is such evidence for this.

To not consider this still is taking faith, it is just faith that this can be dismissed, so as not to consider more with it.

The constants that there are actually considered with understanding what they are with their effects with everything of the universe being explained with the big bang, just the one for gravitation alone being different will have every bit of matter dissipating so there wouldn't be any kind of life from that, or all of the universe with everything in it quickly collapsing very shortly after the big bang, and there being no life with that. So what I showed is a good argument. If what I posted is really looked at it may be seen that I do not say that this proves the Bible right apart from it having agreement that all things came about from the Creator. There are other evidences apart from this showing great reliability of the Bible over any other work that would in any way be considered such revelation from the Creator with the Creator understood to be personal, for which I can also make great argument separate from this, and evidence for the resurrection of Jesus is overwhelming but being a discussion apart from this it is useless to use such to share to those with their denial not dealing realistically with these points showing our universe is designed and not from random arrangement and processes occurring only naturally from that.

KCfromNC said:
Remember that your job is to come up with a model describing how universes are formed to back up your claim that the particular configuration we see is impossible without your god. The fact that people can put rocks in a line really doesn't do anything to help you out here.
You're the one certain that you know how the whole process works and that the process requires a god to fine tune things.
If it is an expansion, that's not a random dispersion. That's quite directed. And also quite naturalistic with no evidence of design.
You'll need to provide evidence that there's a cause and effect relationship at work here.

I don't think I have to come up with a model for it, the big bang model isn't my own. Being atheistic, you can think of yourself as being very very very very very lucky to be here, or just ignorantly disregard that being the case now that you are here, or otherwise you acknowledge you have purpose being put here, in which you should be thankful, or reap what you will still have with ingratitude. The big bang model has those parameters that don't correspond to anything we can say requires them to be those values yet with being any other value we won't have a universe that any life could be in. So if it isn't set so that we could be here, let alone communicating about it, with some intelligence among us for that presumably, it is up to you to show how this could be without it being from the Creator, as necessary being, as cause for this, and the idea for a multiverse, which would be brought up for it, has no evidence at all, just a demand some see for it to avoid this obvious suggestion of the parameters set for such a big bang, which also has no explanation, to produce our universe with any life possible in it, unlike our concept of God for which we who will willingly obey will see evidence for. You won't have your evidence though for such a multiverse to be in a model, you can try though. But as you won't ever consider at all obedience to your maker from whom you have purpose, you won't see evidence, and it isn't obliged to be provided to you, with your unwillingness, other than this demand to you to show your evidence that it is otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about the hypothesis of God.
As John says at the beginning of his gospel John 1:1 to 5
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

As it says in the beginning of Genesis 1 to 3.
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

So before anything there was Gods word. Nothing could be created with Gods word. Everything that was created was through Gods word. This would make sense in that Gods word is immaterial. God spoke existence into reality when He said let there be light. By the power of Gods word He materialized time, space and matter. This is the only way we can explain how something can come from nothing.

If this is the case and God spoke existence into being then the beginning was measured and purposeful. That is why we have the fine tuning of the universe for life. Because it didn't come from a chance natural occurrence but a creator that had a purpose in mind. That purpose was life. But that life wasn't just about a physical life. It was also a spiritual life that would go beyond everything that He had created. AS Jesus says He gives us life. So all of creation is for the purpose of life. That life is seen in all its glory in Jesus who was the word who became flesh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think I have to come up with a model for it, the big bang model isn't my own. Being atheistic, you can think of yourself as being very very very very very lucky to be here, or just ignorantly disregard that being the case now that you are here, or otherwise you acknowledge you have purpose being put here, in which you should be thankful, or reap what you will still have with ingratitude.

Or any other number of options that you didn't list.

The big bang model has those parameters that don't correspond to anything we can say requires them to be those values yet with being any other value we won't have a universe that any life could be in. So if it isn't set so that we could be here, let alone communicating about it, with some intelligence among us for that presumably, it is up to you to show how this could be without it being from the Creator, as necessary being

We could just be honest and admit we don't yet know rather than making up stuff about magical beings, you know.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What about the hypothesis of God.

Get back to us when you have a testable one. And I'm still waiting on your tested, well established model of universe formation which shows that our current configuration is as unlikely as you're guessing it is. Looks like you have some work to do - not sure which is the top priority, but I'm not really holding my breath on either.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of the evidence that supports my certainty that God produced and sustains the universe is that it is finely tuned all over to allow even the existence of atomic matter, let alone life and consciousness. If one of the fundamental constants (the weak atomic force for example) was off by a scale of a hair, molecular existence would not form at all.

(Devils Advocate) - Which may be the case 99% of the time.
Our instance is the one exception and we are here to be
amazed at it.

Upvote 0