ai3theanswer

Oct 29, 2010
✟7,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Few questions.

If you need to be born again and receive a new Spirit and become a new creation to go to heaven, do you need to be re-born again as old to go to hell? How to get your old spirit back?

If free choice is so powerful as some claim, is it possible to walk off the top of a building and choose not to fall with free choice? If simple gravity can't be over come with free choice, then how can some claim getting out of Christ is as simple as free choice, isn't Christ greater than gravity?

Is it possible when you are first born as a baby to exercise your free choice and not be a sinner due to Adams sin? or is the only way believing in Christ?

Is it possible once you are born again to exercise your free choice to become a sinner (noun not verb) again? If Christ needed to be crucified in order for you to become born again (get out of old nature), does that mean something greater then Jesus needs to come and be crucified to get out of Christ?

If what Adam did made us all sinners without the choice of going to hell, is it possible that once you are born again to have a choice in going to heaven?

If what Christ did was much more than what Adam did (Romans 5:17) then doesn't that mean once saved always saved regardless of what you do, because it wasn't anything you did to become a sinner (adam) you were only born and there wasn't anything you did to become righteous (Jesus) you were only born again.

If one believes that salvation depends on works along with Christ, does that mean in Heaven we can sign, "Worthy is the Lamb and me". Isn't the gospel all about what Jesus did for us and not what we do for ourselves.

If God has already forgotten all your sins, why confess and remember your own sins? Will He even know what you are talking about?

Reactions: psalms 91

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Few questions.

If you need to be born again and receive a new Spirit and become a new creation to go to heaven, do you need to be re-born again as old to go to hell? How to get your old spirit back?

Where do you receive this info from? You need to be born from above to be saved, but if you chose to leave it, you don't have to be old, you simply reject the truth you know. With Jesus there is life, without the wrath of God.

If free choice is so powerful as some claim, is it possible to walk off the top of a building and choose not to fall with free choice? If simple gravity can't be over come with free choice, then how can some claim getting out of Christ is as simple as free choice, isn't Christ greater than gravity?

Try it.

Is it possible when you are first born as a baby to exercise your free choice and not be a sinner due to Adams sin? or is the only way believing in Christ?

Who says babies sin? You are confusing the doctrine of original sin with the Bible. Now is the question one where you can chose to not sin, or chose to not sin as a baby?

Is it possible once you are born again to exercise your free choice to become a sinner (noun not verb) again? If Christ needed to be crucified in order for you to become born again (get out of old nature), does that mean something greater then Jesus needs to come and be crucified to get out of Christ?

You're using some amazing fallacies here, is that on purpose? Do you want to get out of your family? Go change your last name, go get adopted by your pet. Does that make them greater than your family? Well, depends on what kind of pets you have eh?

If what Adam did made us all sinners without the choice of going to hell, is it possible that once you are born again to have a choice in going to heaven?

You seem to be stuck on the choice thing. Do you have a choice to sin? Do you have a choice to speed? If you get caught speeding, and get a fine, do you have a choice to pay it or not? If I come in and pay that for you, is it my choice? If you accept my payment, is that your choice?

If what Christ did was much more than what Adam did (Romans 5:17) then doesn't that mean once saved always saved regardless of what you do, because it wasn't anything you did to become a sinner (adam) you were only born and there wasn't anything you did to become righteous (Jesus) you were only born again.

Ever lied? Was it Adam lying through you or you? Ever taken anything that didn't belong to you, regardless of value or size? Was that you, or Adam? If so, you are a lying thief, so I'd guess your statement is false in that you did in fact do something.

If one believes that salvation depends on works along with Christ, does that mean in Heaven we can sign, "Worthy is the Lamb and me". Isn't the gospel all about what Jesus did for us and not what we do for ourselves.

If one believes that, they can sing whatever they like.

If God has already forgotten all your sins, why confess and remember your own sins? Will He even know what you are talking about?

Where do you get the idea God forgets about your sins?

Upvote 0

ai3theanswer

Oct 29, 2010
✟7,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
savt4him... have you read the NT? We are all new creations in Christ...Your Spirit has been born again....

I am not saying try to walk off a building, I am making a point....Some believe our free choice is so powerful but if it can't simply overcome simple gravity then how much more being in Christ.

When people are born they are considered sinners. Now I should have made it clear but babies and young children will go to heaven if they die. We are all born sinners because we come from Adam. That's why we need to be born again....

When you change your last name you are not out of the family...my wife took my name and now she is in my family and still in hers, her dad is still her dad....this is weak. I am saying that every single person born is either of Adam or of Christ. It's NT....

Speeding is not comparable to Adam making us all sinners just by being born. Do you understand that Jesus came because we are sinners... Adam made us sinners. We don't become sinners after we sin, we are sinners because we are human. That's why Jesus couldn't come from natural man.

You seem to not know the difference between a noun and a verb. We all sin (verb) but we are not all sinners (noun). Adam put us in a prison of sin. No good deed can get you out of it. Now Jesus put us in a prison of righteousness, no sin can get you out of it.

Where do I get the idea that God forgets about sins? Man you have to hear the good news about Jesus. You obviously haven't heard the gospel. God does not remember sins because your sins were already punished and done away with on the body of Jesus. That is the only gospel message you can preach. Its the reason why Jesus came. That's why we are going to heaven!

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:17- And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Rom 4:7-8- "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin."
This is just a few places God promises us this. Start hearing the good news.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
savt4him... have you read the NT? We are all new creations in Christ...Your Spirit has been born again....

Have you said Toy Boat five times really quick?
I am not saying try to walk off a building, I am making a point....Some believe our free choice is so powerful but if it can't simply overcome simple gravity then how much more being in Christ.

Some people believe aliens abduct them.

When people are born they are considered sinners. Now I should have made it clear but babies and young children will go to heaven if they die. We are all born sinners because we come from Adam. That's why we need to be born again....

Nope, you are confusing the doctrine of original sin with the truth of the Bible. We are sinners when we sin.

When you change your last name you are not out of the family...my wife took my name and now she is in my family and still in hers, her dad is still her dad....this is weak. I am saying that every single person born is either of Adam or of Christ. It's NT....

Go get adopted, then see if you have any claim on your original father's estate.

Speeding is not comparable to Adam making us all sinners just by being born. Do you understand that Jesus came because we are sinners... Adam made us sinners. We don't become sinners after we sin, we are sinners because we are human. That's why Jesus couldn't come from natural man.

No, Adam gave you a nature that is prone to sin, but through Adam sin entered the world, it didn't enter the babies. Adam doesn't lie through you, you lie yourself.

You seem to not know the difference between a noun and a verb. We all sin (verb) but we are not all sinners (noun). Adam put us in a prison of sin. No good deed can get you out of it. Now Jesus put us in a prison of righteousness, no sin can get you out of it.

Oh, then is a pronoun a professional sinner?

Where do I get the idea that God forgets about sins? Man you have to hear the good news about Jesus. You obviously haven't heard the gospel. God does not remember sins because your sins were already punished and done away with on the body of Jesus. That is the only gospel message you can preach. Its the reason why Jesus came. That's why we are going to heaven!

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:17- And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Rom 4:7-8- "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin."
This is just a few places God promises us this. Start hearing the good news.
Great, now you assume that because God doesn't remember, He forgets. Did you remember the Bible wasn't written in English and did you remember that the word remember can be understood in a variety of contexts? But regardless, to cover; to forgive; to remember doesn't equal forgetting, and when applying those concepts to God, you must use an element of anthropomorphism (which, if you add something to it, could be called an add-jective).

In common English parlance, saying that you will forget or not remember something is somewhat of a misnomer. The word "forget" is an antonym for of the word "remember". However, the word "remember" has many possible synonyms that may serve as the underlying meaning when it is used in a sentence. To be a proper antonym, the word "forget" must also encompass a much broader spectrum of meaning. Neither word can be rightly understood in all circumstances by a wooden, literal interpretation.

Here is a list of synonyms from Thesaurus.com
"remember":
Keep in mind, bethink, brood over, call up, cite, commemorate, conjure up, dwell upon, educe, elicit, enshrine, extract, flash, flash on, get, go back, have memories, hold dear, keep forever, learn, look back, master, memorialize, memorize, mind, nail down, recall, recognize, recollect, refresh memory, relive, remind, reminisce, retain, retrospect, revive, revoke, summon up, think back, treasure

I perused (verb) the Bible (noun) for other occurrences of the (do you know what this is called?) word remember and paid special attention to those that involve God. Here is a typical example:

Gen 9:14-15 "And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
In this example, a literal understanding of the word "remember" in verse 15 would possibly be to "keep in mind" or "commemorate", not remember something that God had actually forgotten.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Few questions.

You don't. You're new spirit doesn't magically become your old spirit when you sin.

I believe that our free will is limited to our natures. If you're a goat, you do what goats do. If you're a sheep, you do what sheep do. Dogs don't meow and cats don't bark. Born again believers do not have the free will to kill themselves (spiritually) because their natures don't allow it. Their desires become God's desires at regeneration.

[quoteIs it possible when you are first born as a baby to exercise your free choice and not be a sinner due to Adams sin? or is the only way believing in Christ?[/quote]

You cannot make that choice if you don't have the ability to make it. Babies/children/mentally disabled cannot be condemned for not believing when they don't have the ability to believe.

Is it possible once you are born again to exercise your free choice to become a sinner (noun not verb) again?

No! Because the DESIRE to do so does not exist in a born again believer.

If Christ needed to be crucified in order for you to become born again (get out of old nature), does that mean something greater then Jesus needs to come and be crucified to get out of Christ?

Moot point since one cannot get out of Christ.

No because the desire to go to heaven is within your new nature in christ. Spiritual DNA of sorts.

I believe that is correct. :)

Yes it's all about Christ! Never about us.

Oh he knows but they are covered by the blood of Christ so he doesn't see your sin. Instead he sees Christ...his perfect son :)

Upvote 0

ai3theanswer

Oct 29, 2010
✟7,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cassidy I'm glad there are some people on this site that actually understand the gospel. Thank you for you response. But I do have one question regarding sin.

If God knows about our sin still and Jesus' blood only covers it... isn't that like a blood sacrifice in the OT?
John said about Jesus that behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin on the world.
The cup of trembling that Jesus drank in the garden was man's sins collectively from the beginning of time until the end of time. God took all our sins and imputed them on Jesus and He was punished for us. If God can still see our sin it means Jesus' sacrifice wasn't good enough to take them away, only cover them.

So the sin that you commit tomorrow, next year and 5 years from now (if Jesus tarries) are already punished on the body of Jesus. That is why God doesn't want us sin conscious only son conscious. Confess your righteousness of God in Christ when you sin because that sin has already been punished.

Upvote 0

ai3theanswer

Oct 29, 2010
✟7,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
svt4him you said "We are sinners when we sin." I don't know about you but I am not a sinner when I sin. Aren't sinners condemned?
How are we to die to sin?
Romans 6:10- For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all: but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11-Likewise (in the same manner) you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now we need to find out how Jesus died to sin? Did He die to sinful actions or did He die to imputation, condemnation of sin?
Well since He never sinned, He couldn't have died to sinful actions. So the only other option is imputation, condemnation of sin.

When the bible says likewise consider yourself also to be dead to sin.... mean likewise, the same as Jesus is dead to sin. So if Jesus can never be condemned for sin or sin can never be imputed on Him ever again, then likewise (in the same manner) sin can't be imputed to me or I can never be condemned for sin again.

So if sin can't be imputed to someone after they are in Christ... it is impossible to become a sinner again.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

Cassidy I'm glad there are some people on this site that actually understand the gospel. Thank you for you response. But I do have one question regarding sin.

If God knows about our sin still and Jesus' blood only covers it... isn't that like a blood sacrifice in the OT?
John said about Jesus that behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin on the world.
The cup of trembling that Jesus drank in the garden was man's sins collectively from the beginning of time until the end of time. God took all our sins and imputed them on Jesus and He was punished for us. If God can still see our sin it means Jesus' sacrifice wasn't good enough to take them away, only cover them.

So the sin that you commit tomorrow, next year and 5 years from now (if Jesus tarries) are already punished on the body of Jesus. That is why God doesn't want us sin conscious only son conscious. Confess your righteousness of God in Christ when you sin because that sin has already been punished.

Yes you do make a point - thank you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When does your name get added to the book of life? Before you are saved or after?

Let me ask again...

Let me again ask, if God remembers something, does that mean He forgot it then it came back?

Upvote 0

ai3theanswer

Oct 29, 2010
✟7,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you a question

When did Jesus die on the cross for our sins? Before the foundation of the world, when Abraham offered his son Isaac john 8:56 or 2000 years ago? When you answer me that I can answer your question because no matter what I answer you have your theological answer ready.

Also God doesn't forget but the same way He can put all our sins on Jesus from the beginning of time to the end of time, He can also choose to forget something. If you really don't believe the good news, why bother answer any of these questions. If you believe that God remembers your sins, everytime you go to Him in prayer, you will never be able to enter with boldness, because you'll never know if He is thinking about what you did last night or not....

Upvote 0