Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a question about spiritual warfare, with regard to hugely successful film stars. Namely Bette Davis. Her daughter BD Hyman, a born again Christian now with her own ministry wrote a book about her mother. In it she claims her mother practiced witchcraft and involved herself in the occult.

Many have dismissed Hyman's claims. What do we who are spiritually aware Christians think about this? Could it be that hugely successful humans often have that success at a horrific price? Their very souls allowed to be consumed by the desire for fame, money and greatness at the highest cost.
I don't believe anyone would write a book against their own famous parent without strong reason.

I know nothing of BD Hyman except she is a Christian. I do admire Bette Davis and her films immensely. A great great star. Yet what drove her? She was known to be extremely difficult, domineering and strong. Could it be that demons had attached themselves to her and made her be that way?

I would be interested in any informed opinions.

• Informative
Reactions: rocknanchor

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying, Miss Hyman has renounced the generational attachment! Aside from this, that is one big surprise for me, a fan of cinema myself, any opinions should surely promote the "pulling down" of all strongholds of all entertainers.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a question about spiritual warfare, with regard to hugely successful film stars. Namely Bette Davis. Her daughter BD Hyman, a born again Christian now with her own ministry wrote a book about her mother. In it she claims her mother practiced witchcraft and involved herself in the occult.

Many have dismissed Hyman's claims. What do we who are spiritually aware Christians think about this? Could it be that hugely successful humans often have that success at a horrific price? Their very souls allowed to be consumed by the desire for fame, money and greatness at the highest cost.
I don't believe anyone would write a book against their own famous parent without strong reason.

I know nothing of BD Hyman except she is a Christian. I do admire Bette Davis and her films immensely. A great great star. Yet what drove her? She was known to be extremely difficult, domineering and strong. Could it be that demons had attached themselves to her and made her be that way?

I would be interested in any informed opinions.
Why are we concerned about the fate of Bette Davis ? She's left us now ... her fate is between herself and God.

I understand her daughter's concern with getting her story out. It is easily observable that many of the "successful" people we see in the world ... have, indeed, made such Faustian deals.

We may enjoy their music, stage presence, artistic talents, or business acumen, ... but often the success they enjoy comes at a terrible price ...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Praying, Miss Hyman has renounced the generational attachment! Aside from this, that is one big surprise for me, a fan of cinema myself, any opinions should surely promote the "pulling down" of all strongholds of all entertainers.
Hi. Me too! I only just read about it. It just intrigues me, if it is true.

Upvote 0