Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm, an employee who is let go because of belief. A gay person who has to be hired because of his belief. Seems like a double standard to me

Making up stuff is also covered under free speech.

PR was not "let go". He was suspended. He's still getting paid according to the contract. Try to keep up.:doh:

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Then you should take some business courses.
I dont need a business course to show mme a double standard. Lets look at it like this, an employee of mine stands up and says he is openly gay and that he doesnt like Christianity. If I fire him I am in trouble for firing him because he is gay but Phil does essentially the same thing and it is right?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I will agree that we all sin but the difference seems to me to be that I dont try to force my sin on qanyone nor do many others, the LGBT community seems bent on doing that and maybe that is why there is so much uproar about it
Because why should they care that you view it as sin? That's not their belief. They have a right to live their lives how they want regardless of your baseless beliefs, as long as they aren't harming anyone.

A run-down on morals clauses for you:

http://www.loeb.com/files/Publicati...096ecbab624/Brian Socolow, Moves Magazine.pdf
Morals Clause Law & Legal Definition

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Making up stuff is also covered under free speech.

PR was not "let go". He was suspended. He's still getting paid according to the contract. Try to keep up.:doh:
Still silenced at least for now. I think the wisdom of bringing him back will sink into the sponsors, the calls and petitions are now over a million, I think business will understand the numbers

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A gay person who has to be hired because of his belief.

Being gay is not a belief . And there is a difference in NOT hiring someone who's qualified for the job because they are gay and "having" to hire them BECAUSE they are gay .

Who is saying that you HAVE to hire a person BECAUSE they are gay ? That's ridiculous.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Because why should they care that you view it as sin? That's not their belief. They have a right to live their lives how they want regardless of your baseless beliefs, as long as they aren't harming anyone.

A run-down on morals clauses for you:

http://www.loeb.com/files/Publicati...096ecbab624/Brian Socolow, Moves Magazine.pdf
Morals Clause Law & Legal Definition
Live it yes, force it down my throat no. Sorry but I am tired of this and many nothers are as well so you had better get used to the idea that many are learning the value of not buying products opr watching shows and we will fight

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Being gay is not a belief . And there is a difference in NOT hiring someone who's qualified for the job because they are gay and "having" to hire them BECAUSE they are gay .

Who is saying that you HAVE to hire a person BECAUSE they are gay ? That's ridiculous.
Is it? Then why the lawsuits? Why the up[roar? I really dont think that you havent heard of things like this.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Live it yes, force it down my throat no. Sorry but I am tired of this and many nothers are as well so you had better get used to the idea that many are learning the value of not buying products opr watching shows and we will fight

All of us are free to buy or not buy and watch or not watch. And, the free market will run its course and PR will still be a millionaire.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still silenced at least for now. I think the wisdom of bringing him back will sink into the sponsors, the calls and petitions are now over a million, I think business will understand the numbers

Silenced? ^_^PR is still free to speak his nmind. If he chooses to tone it down because of financial concerns or whatever, it will be his choice. He is not going to go broke or be incarcerated or lose any legal privilege.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Live it yes, force it down my throat no.
Christians force their beliefs down people's throats by fighting against LGBT rights. LGBT people aren't shoving anything down anyone's throats by wanting equal rights. Live your faith and stop making it our business.
Sorry but I am tired of this and many nothers are as well so you had better get used to the idea that many are learning the value of not buying products opr watching shows and we will fight
Get used to it...? Do you think boycotting is a new idea? You've been fighting for decades and you're losing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it? Then why the lawsuits? Why the up[roar? I really dont think that you havent heard of things like this.

If a person applies for a job at my company and they are not qualified I do not have to give them the job 'because they are gay ." They can file a lawsuit that does not mean they will win if I can show I was not discriminating .

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You seem to think that being gay is part of a person's belief system. There's a difference between LGBT people being a protected class in hiring situations and having to let LGBT people express their political views using your company's platform.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why is it labeled hate speech to say that it is sin?

Why are you surprised when scripture is proven correct? Have you not read that this is how it is supposed to be? This is the correct relationship.

Why do they come into churchs and denoms and demand their way?

When did this happen in the US? There are some denominations that have given them their way...but that's a problem within those denominations. Of course, there is also the acceptance of no-fault divorces, co-habitation and other issues that are actually more damaging.

Why is it that Christ is taken out of so much in this country?

Churchiness has been just a veneer in the US over what has always been the real patron god of this country: Mammon.

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians force their beliefs down people's throats by fighting against LGBT rights.

Apparently, forcing others to live by a set of values is only acceptable when it's a set of values you agree with.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont need a business course to show mme a double standard. Lets look at it like this, an employee of mine stands up and says he is openly gay and that he doesnt like Christianity. If I fire him I am in trouble for firing him because he is gay but Phil does essentially the same thing and it is right?

In my company, either statement will get a person fired:

"I don't like gays."
"I don't like Christians."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You need a business or law course to show you that this isn't a double standard.

If your employee has signed a contract that has a morals clause, you can fire him for saying he doesn't like Christianity.

Upvote 0

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need a business or law course to show you that this isn't a double standard.

If your employee has signed a contract that has a morals clause, you can fire him for saying he doesn't like Christianity.

Maybe if it happened more often, it'd get more press.

As it is, my experience with the LGBT community has been acceptance of differing views unless they're faced with hostility. But this should be excepted; when someone says something to/about you that you know to be patently untrue, it's human nature to respond, sometimes angrily. And responses aren't "attacks on Christianity" in that sense.

There are notable exceptions, of course, as there are with any group of people. But those exceptions do not constitute the whole LGBT population, which I think many people on the opposition don't understand or won't acknowledge.

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to think that being gay is part of a person's belief system. There's a difference between LGBT people being a protected class in hiring situations and having to let LGBT people express their political views using your company's platform.

Exactly . I do not have to hire and keep ANYONE for the purpose of gaining an audience to express their personal opinions . That's different than not hiring someone for a job they are qualified for BECAUSE they are gay.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
. You're comparing gay customers to anti-gay employees.
Lets keep it focused. Not anti-gay, anti-sin. He listed many sins, one of which some took offense too. He is not anti-gay, I believe he treats all sinners the same, because he is one.

I'm not going to pursue this beyond this statement, because it's a digression...but as an outsider looking in, this just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand homosexuality is considered a sin by many congregations. But I've never understood why it is worse than, say, all the other sins that people commit, and no one has satisfactorily explained it. It seems to be the one, above all, that "will not be tolerated." Even if there is a biblical basis for viewing homosexuality as a sin, I don't believe it says anywhere that it's the worst of the worst. And according to most Christians, there is no such thing as a sinless person, unless you're referring to Jesus.

But again...that's a different topic, and I don't believe we're allowed to discuss it anyway.
again, he listed many sins, only one people took exception too, it was not an attack on gays, but listing sins.

In my company, either statement will get a person fired:

"I don't like gays."
"I don't like Christians."
I doubt seriously anyone would be fired for saying "I don't like Christians. Maybe a warning, but not fired. Guaranteed if the "public" heard the first, you would be at least suspended.
But this does not apply to this situation.
He listed sins, not proclaimed dislike for anyone. He stated dislike for sins.

Christians force their beliefs down people's throats by fighting against LGBT rights. LGBT people aren't shoving anything down anyone's throats by wanting equal rights. Live your faith and stop making it our business.

Get used to it...? Do you think boycotting is a new idea? You've been fighting for decades and you're losing.
They are forcing people to be silent about their beliefs, or they will harm them financially. In this case, they took offense for a general list of sins, that they happened to not like.

Boycotts work both ways, and the bigger boycott will win. Less then a million versus growing numbers over a million, and millions of viewers.

I fully support the power of the boycott for attacks that are over the top.

But in this case, he made no attack. He simply made a list of sins from the bible, answering a question that was asked.

DD will continue to make money in the business they were in before their show. They will not forsake their religion nor shy away from supporting biblical teachings they believe in just to keep making money. If they do they will loose most support of the millions of viewers and more importantly reject their Lord and savior in doing so.

A.Baldwin(Liberal) uses a direct gay slur and gets little attention, this guy(Conservative) includes homosexuality in a list and no one can forget it.

Basically, if you don't like what they say, don't listen. I do it regularly with liberal shows. But I guess others can't accept having people speak their beliefs in a way not to attack anyone, but only to state them as a part of a bigger belief.

The worst you can accuse him of is ignorance, but his statments were not attacks or accusations. They were stating religious facts and his dealings with AA when he was younger. If A&E can't tell the difference, they should sell the show to someone who can.
Voicing ones religious beliefs is not hate speech. Voicing ones sexual preference isn't hate speech either. Niether should be punished for stating them in non-aggressive ways.

The best way to change peoples opinions is to hear them out. The GLBT movement has fought to being able to live and speak freely, now they seek to silence their opposition, silence not their hate but their views.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
again, he listed many sins, only one people took exception too, it was not an attack on gays, but listing sins.

I was responding to something psalms 91 said, not what PR said. Specifically:

Gays have forced the issue in quite a few denoms and it is well known that churchs face this very problem. Let me be clear here, I consider it sin but I will love the person but I do not tolorate the sin. I welcome them to church as long as they understand that

This was not commenting on the issue, which is why I stated we shouldn't continue the discussion as it was a digression.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.