✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You probably already do.

A tautology if ever there were one: my very belief that a large number of unrelated people in many fields are trying to get me to believe in conspiracy theories is in and of itself, a conspiracy theory.

Great Gosh Almighty, they hacked my brain!

(Scurries away to wrap my head in tinfoil before it's too late...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A tautology if ever there were one: my very belief that a large number of unrelated people in many fields are trying to get me to believe in conspiracy theories is in and of itself, a conspiracy theory.

Great Gosh Almighty, they hacked my brain!

(Scurries away to wrap my head in tinfoil before it's too late...)

Appeals to stereotypes are meaningless and distracting. Labeling your opponent a “tin-foil hatter”, a “nutter” or any other derivative thereof has been a method used since ancient days, where any one who expressed a view that was not necessarily popular was simply labeled as a “lunatic” regardless of any truth to be found in their assertions. That label has then been used as a justification for not listening to or dismissing an individual’s views, usually without critical examination, but on the basis of the assumption that their views are “looney” and therefore not worth listening to.

Reactions: Loukuss
Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily. Though I do not believe all truths have been uncovered.

Maybe not, but I know enough to realize that Bin Laden did and was capable of pulling this off; not the first time his crew attached the WTC either. However, that's for another thread.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe not, but I know enough to realize that Bin Laden did and was capable of pulling this off; not the first time his crew attached the WTC either. However, that's for another thread.

I have highlighted the word "know." Here we must distinguish between knowledge and belief.

Upvote 0

Loukuss

Senior Veteran
Mar 7, 2005
BC
✟4,040.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
E, he is right. You do believe in conspiracy theories. Look up the proper definition and you'll see what he means. We all believe people conspire together and make decisions behind open or closed doors. Somewhere along the line "conspiracy theorists" became negatively associated with crazy, fringe theories and became a way for people to just throw out anything they didnt want to lsiten to. A means of dismissing anything one wishes. We should be able to discuss politics without people being called derogatory names, especially in hypocritical ways.
As for 9/11 everyone knows that Osiris, king of the underworld, sent 4 planes from the 5th dimension to ours because he secretly hates America. (I think he has penis envy;) )

Reactions: Yusuf Evans
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel19

Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What?!

There are never behind closed doors meetings. History isn't filled with examples of conspiracy, backstabbing, and secrecy. Governments around the world have always been honest, caring, and open. Power never seeks more power. Men in positions of power never abuse it, and secret societies don't exist. We should just trust our leaders. They spy on us because they love us. See those chains on your wrists? They're love chains.

...And I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd gladly sell you.

Upvote 0