Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's been a while since I have posted here, but I thought I would jump back in for a bit to stir things up.

There always was a kind of hostility (for lack of a better word) on this board towards non conventional lines of thought about the world. I'm not talking about conspiracy theories - which seems to be the catch all phrase for anything that appears out of line with conventional thought - but rather documented and verifiable events and historical facts.

I know this is a fairly long post, but it has in my opinion some incredibly important information.

Is there a global elite?

Are trends to world governance a natural process or the result of deliberate planning on part of those who desire to bring it about?

What do advancing technologies mean to us and how will they be used?

What do government think tanks foresee coming in the future?

We are facing very tumultuous times. The U.S. is effectively in a recession right now, and things don't look like they will get better any time soon.

Technological development is expanding exponentially. New forms of control are emerging.

There exists at this moment a computer program called Sentient World Simulation. It allows for the military to test propaganda and operations against a virtual simulation of the real world in real time. Every man woman and child is represented as a "node" in the program and reacts accordingly to the information put in by whomever happens to be using the program. Pharmaceutical companies are also using Sentient World Simulation to test drug advertisment on the virtual population. Social engineers can test new laws and regulation on the populace to see how they will accept or reject them.

Does any of this sound a little frightening?

Zbigniew Brzezinski wrote of "pre-crisis management" in his book Between Two ages,
“Power will gravitate into the hands of those who control information. Our existing institutions will be supplanted by pre-crisis management institutions, the task of which will be to identify in advance likely social crises and to develop programs to cope with them."​

It is extremely interesting to note that Charles Galton Darwin, grandson of Charles Darwin, actually predicted the invention of this very technology in his 1952 book "The Next Million Years". He writes on page 55,
"I am imagining that some new discovery should make the process far more precise for short-term planning. This might come about, for example, through the use of new high-speed counting machines, which in a short space of time might explore the consequences of alternative policies with a completeness that is far beyond anything that the human mind can aspire to achieve directly."​
Big brother watching workers:

Microsoft currently has a patent for a new worker monitoring system that keeps an eye on worker productivity using various "physiological or environmental sensors."

What about advancing genetic technology?

Professor Micho Kaku wrote in his 1997 book Visions,
"One long-term danger for the far future is that those who are the wealthiest will be able to afford to improve their germ line, while others will not, leaving the rest of society behind, eventually creating a new biological caste system. Gregory Kavka, a philosopher at the University of California at Irvine, says, "Any such move toward genetic enhancement has the potential of reestablishing social inequality, though along new lines. Old aristocracies of birth, color, or gender may dissipate, only to be replaced by a new genetic aristocracy, or 'genotocracy.'"​

"The deep fracture lines of society could become chasms if only the wealthy have access to choosing their germ line..."​

This scenario of a society divided by advanced genetics was also seen by the U.K. Ministry of Defense strategic trends 2007-2036 report. The report stated,
"The application of advanced genetics could challenge current assumptions about human nature and existence. Initially employed for medical purposes, breakthroughs in these areas could be put to ethically questionable uses, such as the super-enhancement of human attributes, including physical strength and sensory perception. Extreme variation in attributes could arise between individuals, or where enhancement becomes a matter of fashion, between societies, creating additional reasons for conflict."​

It also said,
"The middle classes could become a revolutionary class, taking the role envisaged for the proletariat by Marx. The globalization of labour markets and reducing levels of national welfare provision and employment could reduce peoples’ attachment to particular states. The growing gap between themselves and a small number of highly visible super-rich individuals might fuel disillusion with meritocracy, while the growing urban under-classes are likely to pose an increasing threat to social order and stability, as the burden of acquired debt and the failure of pension provision begins to bite."​

And...
"Economic globalization and indiscriminate migration may lead to levels of international integration that effectively bring interstate warfare to an end; however, it will also result in communities of interest at every level of society that transcend national boundaries and could resort to the use of violence."​

A 2001 CIA trends report called "Global Trends 2015" said regarding globalization,
"Scenario Two: Pernicious Globalization Global elites thrive, but the majority of the world’s population fails to benefit from globalization... migration becomes a major source of interstate tension... Internal conflicts increase, fueled by frustrated expectations, inequities, and heightened communal tensions..."​
There is little doubt that we face exctiting, trying and dangerous times. Don't lose the fiery spirit that kept America free for so long. Don't lose sight of what makes us human. Don't forget the wisdom of our ancestors.

Reactions: Loukuss

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There always was a kind of hostility (for lack of a better word) on this board towards non conventional lines of thought about the world. I'm not talking about conspiracy theories - which seems to be the catch all phrase for anything that appears out of line with conventional thought - but rather documented and verifiable events and historical facts.

Does any of this sound a little frightening?

In the first quote, you talk about your line of thinking being rejected and non-conventional, yet you ask questions like in the second quote, which is simple fear mongering and quite conventional.

Also, the reason they are referred to as conspiracy theories is you are taking facts and connecting them into a theory that there is a conspiracy going on. It is one thing to present evidence, it is quite another to link the evidence together and say there is a conspiracy afoot to take over the world.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've suddenly remembered why I took a break from here...
I made a perfectly valid response, but it seems your looking for people who only agree with you. Fine:

You're right, there are forces at work in this world that are not well known to the general population but have less than honorable goals for the future of mankind. They seek to control, they want power and wealth and never have enough of both. They may be working with supernatural and/or extra-terrestrial influences, or, more likely, they are simply pawns in a much larger game being played by powers that we can barely understand, let alone combat. If we human beings as collective whole do not wake up soon, then we are going to find ourselves dominated by these forces, living as slaves to whatever evil whims strike their fancy. It is not too late, but we must act quickly, or else all will be lost. Scared yet? You should be, you really should be....

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
COnspiracy theory.

The global elite are the ultra rich people. SOme can get away with small crimes and dance around the law. But there is no group of rich, working to control the world.

They, the rich, are greedy to a fault. They couldn't unite to conquer the world because they would be limiting the possible chance that they might be the sole powerful rich person.

Power shifts and changes. Laws will shift and change to keep people from gaining to much power.

Keep talking like this and the mother shipwill pick you up for reprograming.:eek: :cool: ;)

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People seem to cling to the mast saying the market will go up and down as it has before. They forget that periodically markets in once place die while they spring up somewhere else. But of course we won't get left holding the bag. We're special.
It has nothing to do with believing we're "special", the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, so it's not unreasonable for people to believe that a recession will end and things will change for the better. There's certainly a better track record of that than "head for the hills, this is the end!"

Upvote 0

Daniel19

Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Glaz,

I'm not looking for people who only agree with me. I enjoy discussing things with people who totally disagree. Understand, I took a break from here for many reasons, but a big one was getting the conspiracy theory label thrown at me no matter what I said.

Sure, my OP probably wasn't organized very well. I probably didn't even suceed at all in conveying what I'm trying to say. The problem is I have too much information and it's very hard to put it out in this forum format in an organized discernable way.

Before we go down the road of reptoids from planet poptart and UFO's controling the world, I have nothing to do with that group whatsoever. End of story.

The fact is that there are globalist organizations who do want to bring about a system of world governance. Their mode of influence can be broken into the Corporate, Political, and Academic feilds. The Council on Foreign Relations and Bilderberg group are two prime examples. Contrary to what some might say, these two organizations are very real and do exercise power through their respective members who also hold positions in government, media and elsewhere.

What I was trying to show with the OP is that there are many trends right now in multiple fields that need to be looked at. Technology is going to totally revolutionize all facets of science very soon according to experts. Trends to world governance are altering ideas of sovereignty. New methods of control and surveillance are being developed. The two reports from the CIA and MOD that I cited both consider these trends when they project into the near future.

What will happen when only the rich have access to genetic enhancements for their children? What happens when only the rich have access to life extension technologies? In fact, that reminds me, the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defense report that I cited earlier also mentioned life extension. The report said,
"Developments in genetics might allow treatment of the symptoms of ageing and this would result in greatly increased life expectancy for those who could afford it. The divide between those that could afford to ‘buy longevity’ and those that could not, could aggravate perceived global inequality. Dictatorial or despotic rulers could potentially also ‘buy longevity’, prolonging their regimes and international security risks."

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Daniel, I explained why I think its a conspiracy theory, I'm not just throwing labels out there on a whim. And I'm sorry you don't like the label, but it is what it is. Personally, I have no doubt there are people in this world who have virtually unlimited power and bad intentions for how they use it, I simply don't think that they are all organized together as one global elite and working together towards a specific goal.

Upvote 0

Daniel19

Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Glaz,

To be honest, I don't want to believe it either. Like I said, the fact is that there is an elite. I'm sure that you're a good, smart person but just by saying that it doesn't exist doesn't make it true.

Jim Tucker has been following the Bilderberg group for over 30 years. Bilderberg got it's name from the hotel which they first gathered at in the Netherlands in 1954. They do not allow any media to report on what goes on inside. Their discussions are kept secret. The group meets anually, usually at high priced hotels.

Fortunately, journalist Jim Tucker snuck in to their meetings multiples times and has used contacts to retreive information. There's no conspiracy theory here, Glaz.

Look, like I said I don't want to believe this, but it's real.

Here's a mainstream news video report from Ottawa Canada regarding the 2006 Bilderberg meeting. Canadian media attempted to get in but were blocked by the Bilderberg security forces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Glaz,

To be honest, I don't want to believe it either. Like I said, the fact is that there is an elite. I'm sure that you're a good, smart person but just by saying that it doesn't exist doesn't make it true.

Jim Tucker has been following the Bilderberg group for over 30 years. Bilderberg got it's name from the hotel which they first gathered at in the Netherlands in 1954. They do not allow any media to report on what goes on inside. Their discussions are kept secret. The group meets anually, usually at high priced hotels.

Fortunately, journalist Jim Tucker snuck in to their meetings multiples times and has used contacts to retreive information. There's no conspiracy theory here, Glaz.

Look, like I said I don't want to believe this, but it's real.

Here's a mainstream news video report from Ottawa Canada regarding the 2006 Bilderberg meeting. Canadian media attempted to get in but were blocked by the Bilderberg security forces.

Saying it does exist doesn't make it true either, and the word "believe" shouldn't have to be used at all if the facts are so concrete. Secrecy is only proof of one thing: secrecy, and while it's suspicious, suspicion is not proof. So yes, we are dealing with theories of a conspiracy, which may or may not be worth pursuing further investigation into. It's ok to believe it, just don't sell suspicion off as hard fact.

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I think we have a brighter future.

Globalization is improving world economies across the board and technology is uniting us and erasing differences. People have more in common today than they have had at any time previous to now.

There is a certain of progress in our living standards and the media is more of a watch dog institution than ever these days.

Life is beautiful, man.

Upvote 0

Daniel19

Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
jmverville,

I totally agree. Life is beautiful. Today was the first day to actually have springtime temperatures around here and beautiful sunny skies with robbins hopping around and singing.

I have to disagree though on your assessment on globalization and the media. If you're talking about the alternative media being more of a watchdog than ever, we're on the same page. But if you're talking about the mainstream media being a watchdog, well, I can't say I agree.

It's true that some of the mainstream media has begun to be more "critical" of the Bush administration, but this is to be expected at the end of his admin. The birdcage liner is about to be changed anyway.

Sure, technology has the possibility to totally change things for the good and revolutionize medicine and science. But, as I tried to point out in my other posts, technologies can be used for less than desireable purposes as well.

We're guarenteed to see the debates on TV and elsewhere about the issue of genetic enhancement and designer babies. We'll also see transhumanism pop up more and more as technologies are advanced for the enhancement of human performance. Big brother surveillance is also going to get a boost with advancing technologies as well. RFID will be everywhere. It's called the "internet of things".

South Korea is almost completely done building a "U-City" that is totally wired. RFID chips are in everything, and they all communicate their locations and functions in a huge network. Sensors in home floors detect falls and send emergency personell, while biometric cameras are everywhere. The U-city model is being exported to other countries right now.

I guess the point is that we are entering a point in our history that will be a very decisive moment.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It has nothing to do with believing we're "special", the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, so it's not unreasonable for people to believe that a recession will end and things will change for the better. There's certainly a better track record of that than "head for the hills, this is the end!"

Really? Do you think indians will be dancing around fires across America any time soon?

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I think we have a brighter future.

Globalization is improving world economies across the board and technology is uniting us and erasing differences. People have more in common today than they have had at any time previous to now.

There is a certain of progress in our living standards and the media is more of a watch dog institution than ever these days.

Life is beautiful, man.
On globalisation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdgMlXoQMbY

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, the reason they are referred to as conspiracy theories is you are taking facts and connecting them into a theory that there is a conspiracy going on.

Or, that the systems and institutions that structure and run our world do so at the design and behest of a wealthy few at the expense of the rest of us; this is about open systemic inequalities, not conspiracies hatched in star chambers.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Or, that the systems and institutions that structure and run our world do so at the design and behest of a wealthy few at the expense of the rest of us; this is about open systemic inequalities, not conspiracies hatched in star chambers.
that makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Wyzaard

Jan 4, 2008
✟7,200.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that makes no sense.

That inequalities and injustice happen by virtue of how our societies are designed and run for the purposes of exploiting the many for the profit of a few... and not by a secret cabal of shadowy figures?

Upvote 0