Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We have all heard tales of someone making a deal with the Devil for fame, wealth, or power.

For example, American blues singer and musician Robert Johnson began as a struggling incompetent blues guitarist. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't be successful as a blues guitarist.

But one day, Robert Johnson left town and disappeared. When he returned, he played guitar so well that it shocked people who knew him. They began wondering how an untalented incompetent guitarist can suddenly be imbued with supernatural talent in only a short amount of time. The talented Robert Johnson was later inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and was listed as the fifth greatest guitarist of all time in the Rolling Stone magazine.

Legend has it that Robert Johnson became supernaturally talented after making a deal with the Devil. According to legend, he met the Devil at a crossroads in Mississippi and agreed to sell his soul for greatness as a blues musician.

Can you be successful by making a deal with the Devil? Perhaps. But why make a deal with the Devil when you can make one with God?

I believe that God wants Christians to succeed in life rather than fail. And that He wants them to succeed in all areas of their life: health, wealth, wisdom, relationships, career, education, etc.

I don't understand why some Christians think that God wants them broke, sick, or otherwise miserable. Why would they worship a God like that?

The following are my questions to everyone:

Does God want His people to have good health, wealth, wisdom, relationships, career, and education?

Or does God instead want His people to be sick, broke, foolish, alone, unemployed, and ignorant?

Is it ever okay to make a deal with the Devil? What about under desperate circumstances?

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Yes, God wants us to be successful in every area of life... but He must be the One leading us in these things, otherwise we risk hardening our soul against Him thru the deceitfulness of sin causing us to turn away from Him and end up in hell... lost for all eternity.

The "deal" to be made with God is to become a part of the Blood Covenant between Jesus Christ and the Father... known as the New Covenant or the New Testament.

In this covenant, we would simply be seeking to learn of and fulfill God's plan for our lives which includes health, social prosperity, and plenty of money to live decently (in whatever social environment we reside in... rural farmers in Africa do not need Jet Airplanes!) and be able to support the gospel to the level the Lord has called us to which always includes the ministry of reconciliation (witnessing to those around us).

Bottom line here is to put your personal relationship with God first... always... before material wealth. Some chase material things and end up with shipwreck faith, especially those that get the big bucks and some of them are preachers on TV today that are nothing more than actors putting on a show and have no anointing!

Upvote 0

pinkfaith7

pinkfaith
Sep 2, 2013
✟7,623.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Gospel guy is right. Why would you go that route vs Gods way where the true promises are. It is very much a fact that this world does have those who deliberately so called make a deal with the devil for fame, promises,ect. They are naive and blinded and do not have a clue what they are really doing. It is a lack of knowledge and satan runs with it. I dont think they can even grasp what they are getting into.
But there are those who also search out horoscopes for answers or a million other things. The result is the same. God is still there though and Jesus has not come yet, so any "deal" with the devil can easily be ripped up and nullified .
But oh what a road to even go down. evil is evil and only progresses without God in ones life.

Upvote 0

dominion2013

Servant of God
May 7, 2013
✟933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's way is illustrated as follows:

“For the last two years I've told our RHEMA students, "If you came here with ears
itching to get faith so you can drive Cadillacs, fly airplanes, or have milliondollar
homes, go home. Or else reach up, pull off those itching ears, and say, 'I'm
here to receive what God has for me.'” (Hagin Jr., Kenneth Itching Ears (Tulsa, OK: Kenneth Hagin Ministries, 1982), pp. 17, 18)

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
God's way is illustrated as follows:

“For the last two years I've told our RHEMA students, "If you came here with ears
itching to get faith so you can drive Cadillacs, fly airplanes, or have milliondollar
homes, go home. Or else reach up, pull off those itching ears, and say, 'I'm
here to receive what God has for me.'” (Hagin Jr., Kenneth Itching Ears (Tulsa, OK: Kenneth Hagin Ministries, 1982), pp. 17, 18)

Yes, and since then... now we have people that have itching ears to hear that they will go to Heaven regardless of how they live.

They like to hear this so they can justify their carnal, sinful lifestyle and be told it's OK... you've been saved by grace so it's not possible that you can go to hell.

Many are going to be shocked to find themselves going to hell for ignoring having a relationship with God thru Jesus Christ... which is why Jesus tells some to depart cause He never 'knew' them!

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I've listened to Hagin, quite a bit of Copeland, Capps, Price, etc, etc and I've never heard any of them teach OSAS.

They don't harp on it for long periods of time but I've heard each of them mention that if you turn away from walking with the Lord you are toast and it's not the Lord sending folks to the fire... they are doing it to themselves by rejecting the New Covenant where Jesus Christ has purchased for mankind at the Cross the privilege and high honor to live IN CHRIST.

I wouldn't miss this for the world, and the whole point is not only to miss hell but the greater point is to get to know and be with the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ thru the person of the Holy Ghost!

Who in their right mind would not want to get to know the Father???

Upvote 0

dominion2013

Servant of God
May 7, 2013
✟933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Who in their right mind would not want to get to know the Father???"

Very true and I like that.

A little boy died prematurely and went to heaven. He appeared sad. No joy in seeing the angels. So angels tried to bring his relatives. Didn't work and he still was sad. Angels brought his own mother who had earlier entered heaven. Didn't work. Angels showed around the beautyyyy of heaven. Didn't work. He stilled appeared sad. Finally an archangel suggested to inform this to the Lord. Eventually after much time our Lord Jesus arrived. On seeing Him he let out a scream of untold joy.

Many sing songs about the Zion and new Jerusalem in heaven. However, I think Jesus is Heaven. As someone said that the human soul has a Jesus shaped hollow which He alone can fill (Rom 8: 29).

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
i saw on youtube katy perry sold her soul to satan for fame n also hundreds other hollywood illuminati artists.

Yes, and the funny part is that... since her parents are (or were) involved in ministry, there are those that praise katy perry as a lovely young Christian woman... obviously they have not seen any of her music videos, and if they have they apparently do not recognize the difference between light and darkness, and walking in the flesh versus walking in the spirit

This is the sad state Christianity has come to where many have turned away from the Lord in that they draw close to Him with their mouth, but their hearts are far from Him which is evident by the worldliness that many engage in which just proves we are in the last of the last days!

I remember back when preachers would CHALLENGE people to get closer to the Lord instead of petting their flesh like many are doing today.

Praise God people... the catching away of the church is very close! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We seem to focus on musicians when discussing Faustian Pacts but I often think that politicians (or anyone on the brink of entering public life) is taken up the mountain and shown the world...

Stanley Kubrick might have been hinting at this with his final film "Eyes Wide Shut".

Upvote 0