Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is it I don't quite believe your really interested in acquiring the truth on this issue, rather than debating your deep seated beliefs?

You must be a suspicious person to think that way....if you have “ the truth” we will not have to debate

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You must be a suspicious person to think that way....if you have “ the truth” we will not have to debate

Ok, we can try it and see.

I will go back and post to you your previous post #160 to begin with.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
To claim otherwise would make me the equal of God...

That sounds like what the Pharisees said to Jesus.

Jesus responded to them with this.

John 10:33,34
33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Psa. 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Rom. 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Rom. 8:21
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom.9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal. 3:26
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

1Jn. 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

I have been saved, God Put His Spirit in me And He is busy transforming me into the image of His Son over time.

The Scripture says.

Rom 8:29,30
29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Show me the part where it says "He is busy transforming me into the image of His Son over time".....He's already done the work For You, In You by the Sacrifice of His son.

Read what it says, you have been (Called, Justified, Glorified), you have been Conformed to the Image of Christ.....below.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

If there were a way to achieve perfection in this weak sinful body of flesh, Jesus died in vain

I have to agree with you on that point.

But God knowing beforehand that man is incapable of accomplishing the task, has once again made provision for us.

Rom. 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

First of all, Jesus Destroyed Sin in the Flesh for all mankind in the same way He died for all mankind, it is done, it has been accomplished for us already, when we receive Salvation from God by His Grace through Christ we become Born Again of the Spirit through Baptism.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

It is at this point we die to the Flesh (Our Sinful Nature).

Rom 6:4-6
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Therefore we are dead unto the Flesh, and now walk in Newness of life, in the Spirit.

Gal. 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal. 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Jesus accomplished a whole lot more on the Cross for us than just Forgiveness of sins that are past.

Rom. 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

He Reconciled us to God, He Destroyed SIN if the FLESH, He has given to us the Holy Spirit that we could walk in Him.

So once again I say.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It's not what I can do, It's not what God is doing, but it certainly IS what Jesus the Christ HAS already Done.

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But the Born Again Believer is Born of the Spirit, that isn't a choice, we are dead to the flesh alive to the Spirit, and we do walk in the Spirit, not the flesh.

When you were born physically, you did not have a choice if you wanted to walk in the flesh or not, likewise, you have now been Born Again unto newness of life, Born of the Spirit, you have died to the flesh, and now walk in the Spirit, it isn't a choice, any more than you had when you were physically born.
yes and no....you are born and thus as long as you are alive you have no choice but we can choose to live or die, it's called suicide.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please tell me about “ the way”....don’t leave me in my ignorance...I want to be like you
Submit yourself unto God and resist the Devil is the first that comes to mind...James 4:7

Scripture gives us several things we can do to avoid sin....if we apply those things to our lives we can be without sin, either that or scripture lies....as to how long we do that, how long we apply those things, that is a different matter...but as long as we do apply them to our lives we have been promised the strength to be without sin that is the point.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To claim otherwise would make me the equal of God...I have been saved,God Put His Spirit in me And He is busy transforming me into the image of His Son over time.If there were a way to achieve perfection in this weak sinful body of flesh, Jesus died in vain
2 Corinthians 12:10

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what's your problem, why keep professing you are a sinner.

Scripture says.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Do you insist in calling yourself a sinner?
He is professing because only he himself, can know his own relationship with sin and with God. We must believe what he says and not try to convince him otherwise. The only thing worse than condemning someone to hell....is stamping their ticket to Heaven......As the latter can stop one from continuing to seek the kingdom....

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Isaiah60

Anglican
May 30, 2018
Janesville
✟13,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to share a true testimony which does not deviate from the OP. But before I can make my point here I need to bring out the background of my experience. So I'll try to keep it simple for the sake of the reader.

Back in May 1999 I had endured some tough moments to much for me to bear. Simply stated, while playing video games one night and listening to Iced Earth's Dark Saga over and over again, I related to the concept album in my own way and fell under a dark sensation. I felt convinced that I needed to die. Not that I wanted to die, but how I needed to kill myself. But before I offed myself I thought it best to go somewhere nice and quiet and pray. So I drove out to the country where I grew up so I could pray there. But I didn't fell comfortable there because some of the neighbors might notice my car and call the police on me. So I ventured off to another wooded area, to a private school I had attended. This area was secluded enough so I got out of my car and began walking around the playground area at night.
I found it very hard to pray. I was so numb inside I fought to even think of words and could not speak them. I tried with everything in my might to just think to God to help me before I commit suicide. I had walked around for over an hour, though not sure exactly how long that was. So my mind fought with the words to say but was able to think of a prayer just enough to send that message to God.
I heard nothing and saw nothing. But that night there was an unseen power all around me, enveloping me, and then the Lord spoke to me and told me He has heard my prayer and to go home and get some sleep. So I left and did exactly what the Lord said.

The next morning I woke up a completely new man. My problems were all gone and it was like nobody had done me any wrong. For three days or so I don't think I sinned. If I did sin I don't remember it. Everywhere I went people noticed I was different and everything about me was different and very positive. I had been filled with the holy Spirit and my soul renewed. This is the truth! I learned that it is possible to live life without sinning. Though in time, by the next May of the following year, things would get ugly again. But that is a different testimony.

I heard nothing and saw nothing. The Lord spoke to my mind and sent me home. All around me was this great power of the Lord which saved me from committing suicide. I have no words to capture this experience as I have already given my explanation in the best wording I know how. But my words here don't do justice for what the Lord had done for me that night. The only way I can really capture what happened on that dark night during my dark saga, is to explain it all in music.

This intro from the Christian band Petra captured what happened to me just perfectly! I am amazed by this intro as this music does the ideal job in capturing how God can communicate with His people!

Upvote 0

Isaiah60

Anglican
May 30, 2018
Janesville
✟13,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ironically, some years later, in the early summer of 2005, I would get back in contact with an old friend of mine. He told me he has a brain tumor and his condition was terminal. I wanted to see him but he was too weak for company. He died a week later. I went to his funeral and the song that he chose for his memory was..

That just blew my mind!

So he had ended his journey whereas I just started mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have had some powerful God moments in my life as has a young friend of ours. One Sat. night before service I was sharing the testimony of our young friend with a woman from church. She is struggling with understanding (best way I know to explain it) her faith. She talked of wanting a power moment like that. I assured her that if she needed it God would provide it. But the above testimony got me thinking about that conversation and I think that for many people around the world they long for a power moment never realizing that the power of God is at it's height when we yield to Him and allow Him to completely transform our lives whether that is a powerful display or a simple quiet moment on our knees in prayer.

Just a thought for what it's worth...greater miracles and all

Reactions: Isaiah60
Upvote 0

Isaiah60

Anglican
May 30, 2018
Janesville
✟13,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes we think God is silent, not there or not caring. We look for love elsewhere, to try and find it though the opposite sex or through some other form of human satisfaction. We sometimes drift away from God unintentionally in how we go about our lives. Next thing we know we are caught up in the drama of the world in which we chased after. And like the wind we can never catch up to it. So we become frustrated and depressed and it is these times when we break down in prayer. But we should be praying daily and walking with our Lord not only in faith, but with our lives.
I am fully aware that many people want to experience that power moment. I believe many can. BUT...they also need to have a heart of sacrifice. I could have been a world famous vocalist, even capturing the title of best male metal vocalist ever (which was my dream to achieve). I spent many years practicing to become the world's best metal vocalist because I wanted to give metal fans something to enjoy. But when it came time to chose between God and metal my choice did not think for one hesitant second. God was more important than all the fame and fortune in the world. A Christian must have that heart if they want to experience those power moments. When God is placed far above yourself and your own ambitions, God will be drawn very near to you, even in your darkest hour.

I've had many power moments in my life. I could share other testimonies of God coming to my rescue, once again, one year later after the testimony I gave in my earlier. This event also happened in May of the following year. This time around a demon tried to do something very bad to me. I'm not sure if the demon was going to possess me or what, but God did not allow it and took charge. Years later, more recently that is, I have decided to study to become an exorcist. So God has a way of guiding the heart and soul if people follow. But all Christians must remember that God gives different gifts to all Christians and no matter how small or great those gifts may seem to the believer, they are all equally important to God and no Christian should ever feel lacking because Jesus is our Shepherd and we lack nothing. I think it all amounts to a complete surrender to God. Also, I am a very firm believer in the laying on of hands. I do not think I would have survived all these years without the the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I nearly died back in October of 2000. I supposed I should have died. But for some reason God wants to keep me alive and protects me.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good. Yahweh Willing, this shall be answered positively.
(are you willing to pay the price needed ? "Being crucified with Christ" ...
I would love to be able to go any length of time without sinning.

• Agree
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is a football player who fumbles the ball benched forever after that ?

While he is playing actively , does he do what he is supposed to do , as the owner > coach > quarterback > directs the plays ? ( every player in good standing keeping within all the applicable rules)

5 minutes or 5 years without sinning.....who cares ? You are still a sinner who needs a Saviour.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
5 minutes or 5 years without sinning.....who cares ? You are still a sinner who needs a Saviour.

Technically, isn't a person who has received forgiveness of sins by Jesus Christ no longer a sinner.
Therefore to call a Born Again Believer in Christ, a sinner is an affront to Jesus' Sacrifice for sin.

Upvote 0