Big Sandy Texas
✟7,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I AM A CRUSADER! There, I've said it! Despite the fact that apostate Popes of days gone by have done their best to make the title disgraceful; despite the fact that Muslims are offended by it, I am a crusader and a Christian crusader at that.

What is a true crusader? He is one who "campaigns vigorously for political, social, or religious changes." The term crusader speaks to the 'cross' of Christ (the French 'crois' and the Spanish 'cruz' being the terms from which the Anglicized 'crus' is derived). A true crusader then is one who is zealous in the cause of the cross of Christ, or in the Gospel mission.

He is not one who, as has been the case in the past, takes up physical arms and sheds human blood in that cause, for that would be decidedly opposed to all that Scripture affirms (2 Corinthians 10:4; Ephesians 6:12). Nevertheless he is one understands the justice of God, and he knows that the enemies of Christ, and of men, will be utterly destroyed, by the Lord himself, when He returns to judge the living and the dead!

His crusade now is the Gospel, in and to the world. It will culminate in a final, terrible and great crusade, when the Lord, the 'Faithful' and 'True' will judge in righteousness and make war upon His enemies. He will lead the armies of heaven in a devastating campaign and smite the unbelieving nations and crush them underfoot (Revelation 19:11-16).

Yes, I am a crusader and glad that the gracious Lord has called me to be so!

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are no facts in your first paragraph regarding Popes. There is only 20/20 hindsight and historical revisionism. Otherwise, Ephesians 6 says we are to put on the armor of God.

Upvote 0