Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I fail to see how bringing fictional darkness into a fictional world equates to bringing real evil into the real world.
The mind animates the physical (the physical is not impacted by the human body unless the mind has given a command to the body).

It is the way that people think that makes them decide what they do in reality.

This is how I have said that the Christians exposing themselves to the media of the world is making them think in the way of the world, that brings Christianity into disrepute.

By reading fiction (or non-fiction for that matter), the person is making their mind think in a way that the writer had intended, and that carries on to impact their beliefs and philosophy long after they have closed the book and are in the real world.

This is why a previous poster has imagined that my sheltering children from horror movies makes them turn out like "Ned Flander's kids" - and those words spoken as a false allegation, speculation against the character that I would produce in children, that has come from fiction into reality.
Again, Jesus told fictional stories about evil... were the stories evil? Somehow I doubt it.
This is correct. Jesus told them in holy spirit. I recognised that your spirit in the OP (though being Christ speaking through you), is reflecting an impure spirit - your philosophy to "make people a little bit uncomfortable or afraid" is not a thing that belongs to The Holy Spirit, because "God is love" and "love does no harm to a neighbour".

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some people read the Bible and they see only violence, genocide, slavery, oppression, etc.
God wrote the Bible, so, is it His fault that they focus on those things? No, they fail to see the truth because they are not of God. John 8:47.
My point is, if people can misread the Bible, they can misread anything. But we still tell them the truth, hoping some will hear.
The Lord knows my goal in writing: to show people, in an entertaining way, that the real enemy is Satan and his demons, and the real good is God. This is one of the points of the Bible as well, though of course it is much more than anything a man could ever write.

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Most of the stuff I write tends to be dark and gritty. However, I'm rather jaded myself and recognize that the world is a harsh place. We have come into a world with so much suffering and I like to reflect that, even in my more fantastical pieces. I don't think Christian fiction has to be all sunshine and rainbows. I think there are Christian ways to explore some of the darker themes. Certainly such things could be written as a story of redemption, for example.

That being said, I have written about pretty much every awful thing imaginable. I think the key is to acknowledge who your audience is. Because of the darker themes in my work I tend to write as if I'm speaking to a mature adult audience. That is certainly who I would market to as well if I were to pursue publication.

• Useful
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0