A challenge to DURANG0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Exactly, im allowing him to pick the terms, only term im making is that for this post it needs to be limited to a max of 5, to keep down on the size of forum posts.

The only reason I see for him to not want to choose is because it gets rid of the excuse that "the worse ones were chosen and that it proves nothing." But if they are all true, why would he need that excuse to begin with?

ThePhoenix said:
What game is he playing? He is letting you choose the terms, select the turf, draw the boundries. He can't say "Oh this point is B.S." he has to refute the points you choose for him to refute. That's your list you're using too. So you get to choose the 5 strongest points from your list, and let him have a go at them. What's the game in that?

Upvote 0

ObbiQuiet

Eating Heart
Jul 12, 2003
The Desert
Visit site
✟4,934.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Arikay said:
Yes, we know you can copy and paste shotgun posts.
Now the question is, do your abilities extend to selecting 5 of those 75?

C'mon, he sees where it would lead. If he posted his best five we would refute it, leaving him with what? 45 arguments that weren't as good? If those five could be refuted, what does that say about the arguments that weren't as good?

However, if we chose five to refute, he could simply say "those weren't good arguments to begin with, but the rest are" leaving us with a huge mound of horse poo to sort through.

Durango, choose the five best.

Upvote 0

ab1385

Respect my authoritah!
Jan 26, 2004
✟8,355.00
Faith
Agnostic
DURANG0 said:
I never said anyone wasn't really a christian if the accept the false theology of evolutionism.

I expect an apology from you for claiming I said that.

To demand an apology is not very christian, yet that comment was not directed at you. If you took it personally, then I am sorry. It was directed at the many creatists who have said that to me, and to the creationist websites which I have seen claiming this.

It wasnt a personal insult. :)

Upvote 0

Brahe

Jan 9, 2004
✟570.00
ab1385 said:
But seriously DURANGO, this isnt about trying to humiliate you.
There's simply no need to even try. DURANG0 humiliates himself! Let's read a few of the gems he just presented:

15. Controversy over our Shrinking Sun
16. The White Dwarf Star Sirius B Mystery
42. Population Statistics
43. Earth Heat - Earth young based on considerations of existing temperature gradient in the earth and its rate of cooling
48. Niagra Falls and the rate of its edge wearing away
49. The existence of Hydrogen still in the universe
50. The existence of Atmospheric Oxygen
57. Salt in the Ocean

And then there are the claims which even he admits are too stupid, but are presented anyway for some reason:
1. The amount of dust on the moon's surface - I understand this argument is generally no longer used due to more up to date rates of processes and info. being utilized (i.e. Snelling's article in TEN Tech J)
30. Dinosaur Tracks & Man Tracks at Paluxy - Generally no longer used by most creationists

And finally, there are the incredibly vague:
6. The Moon, i.e. Lunar Material with high levels of radioactivity
7. Types of Radiation that shouldn't be in existence on the Moon
11. Lack of emitted Neutrinos from the sun
17. The Missing Mass Problem
26. The Second Law of Thermodynamics

Claim 11 particularly interests me. Is DURANG0 trying to imply that the Sun does not fuse hydrogen into helium or something?!

It's as if DURANG0 went to Kent Hovind to look for evidence against an ancient Earth!

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Look, Durango, Arkikay is asking you politely to elaborate on a few points you have made regarding creationism so it can be discussed in detail. The only reason you have to shy away from such an offer is if none of them are valid arguments.

If you don't pick 5 in your next post, I will pick 5 randomly.
And if you don't post in this thread in 24 hours from my post, then I will pick randomly.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
DURANG0 said:
All are valid.

Study arikay, study.
None are valid and at least two of them, 59 and 60 directly contradict each other as I pointed out before. There is a good reason this list is referred to as the PRATT list. It has already been pointed out to you that many of the other claims are based on outright lies. Number 43 has been known to be false since the discovery of radioactive decay and radiogenic heat production in the earth early in the 20th century. I would say that you have a lot of nerve telling someone else to study.

The frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
michabo said:
That's some list. Can any one of them stand up? I agree, we need to constrain our attention to a few at a time.

Some I know, some I don't so I'm keen to hear what both sides have to say.
When some can be shown to be outright lies, such as the claim of no paleosols, some can be shown to be evidence against YEC such as the space dust argument, some can be shown to be irrelevant, such as the claims about Niagra Falls and some directly contradict each other such as claim that lack of bioturbation(this is also false) is evidence for the flood and that the presence of animal tracks(which are bioturbation) is evidence for the flood, why would anyone bother to take any of them seriously?

The frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
DURANG0 said:
Judging from the erosion rate of Niagra falls as it retreats from lake Ontario, the falls are much much younger than the old earthers claim.

This needs to be excised from your list immediately. Naigara Falls is considered to be a recent (geologically speaking) topographic feature becuase prior 11,000 years or so ago, that area was under the glacial sheets of the last Ice Age.

It's this sort of ignorance that makes YECers such a laughing stock.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Upvote 0

Will13

Jan 22, 2004
✟8,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I feel that since Arikay has called out Durango then this should be b/w the two of them to debate. I'm tired of reading this "team" attacking one person. Let them settle this b/w themselves with everyone else keeping out. Its more exciting to watch a real debate amongst two people instead of this mob mentality assault. I think Arikay called him out fair and square, and deserves somewhat of an answer from Durango.....I'm not taking sides, just want to see what each has to offer w/o EVERYONE ELSE!

Upvote 0

ObbiQuiet

Eating Heart
Jul 12, 2003
The Desert
Visit site
✟4,934.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Bushido216

Aug 30, 2003
New York
✟22,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Will13 said:
I feel that since Arikay has called out Durango then this should be b/w the two of them to debate. I'm tired of reading this "team" attacking one person. Let them settle this b/w themselves with everyone else keeping out. Its more exciting to watch a real debate amongst two people instead of this mob mentality assault. I think Arikay called him out fair and square, and deserves somewhat of an answer from Durango.....I'm not taking sides, just want to see what each has to offer w/o EVERYONE ELSE!
No one has offered to refute anything DURANG0 has posted or will post. Basically we're all wondering why DURANG0 has his tail between his legs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Bushido216 said:
No one has offered to refute anything DURANG0 has posted or will post. Basically we're all wondering why DURANG0 has his tail between his legs.
Speak for yourself; I'm not wondering. It's plainly obvious to me...

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Will13 said:
I'll stop posting the minute Durang0 starts.

Upvote 0