I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
AV1611VET said:
Just like yesterday, eh?

I give all you Evolutionists three things to talk about (I only gave you one yesterday --- tonight it's 3 times that much) --- and you still have nothing to say?

Where's all your websites and lenghty posts at?
AV1611, I could kiss you.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hydra009 said:
How are theological assumptions to the contrary supposed to "beat" a scientific theory, exactly? :confused:

Present an object to evolution with substance. Otherwise, there's simply nothing to address.
No thanks, Hydra.

I made 3 simple statements, now it's your turn to verbally shine.

Have at it, please.

Upvote 0

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
Dimitree said:
Indeed that's what it is :)

I'm confused, how does this beat the explanation. How does asking "why Germs?" cause Germ Theory to fail? The only way your post can make sense is if the point is not to make sense. In that case, your argument is nothing more than the Chewbacca defense.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dal M. said:
Hey, AV1611VET, any chance you're planning on returning to this thread? You tried to pull the same "no one can answer my questions!" stunt in there, received multiple answers (which you ignored), and ran off. I was hoping you'd have the integrity to respond to some of your opponents instead of acting like the whole thing hadn't occurred.
Dal, let's get one thing straight, it's YOUR turn to talk. I don't want questions, I want answers. If you don't have any --- believe me --- it's no problem. Just be mature enough to say so.

Answering my questions with questions is NOT going to cut it.

Upvote 0

I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
AV1611VET said:
Dal, let's get one thing straight, it's YOUR turn to talk. I don't want questions, I want answers. If you don't have any --- believe me --- it's no problem. Just be mature enough to say so.

Mature, AV1611, don't make us laugh. You are one of the most imature 52 yr olds I have ever met, though even that is probably a fib.

Upvote 0

Dimitree

May 23, 2006
Blagoevgrad
✟8,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I_Love_Cheese said:
No you are a sockpuppet and don't deserve an answer until you can indicate your reality by asking a real question based on your original question.

I see no answer ? :) where are the answerrrzzz :) :)

What made the + a + and the - a - in a atom :yawn:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
AV1611VET said:
No thanks, Hydra.

I made 3 simple statements, now it's your turn to verbally shine.

Have at it, please.

What do you actually want to hear? I mean you made three statements about the contents of some ancient writings that may or may not reflect their actual content.

Do you want to discuss science or literature?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I_Love_Cheese said:
Mature, AV1611, don't make us laugh. You are one of the most imature 52 yr olds I have ever met, though even that is probably a fib.
Why? Because I've made three simple statements, and I'm not going to let you:
  • a) reword them
    b) change the subject with questions?

Upvote 0

Dimitree

May 23, 2006
Blagoevgrad
✟8,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dannager said:
Uh, we did. Man ascribed the "+" symbol to what we refer to as a positive charge in atomic physics. The same holds for the "-" symbol.

Ok ok i know that but what made it a "positive charge"
and a negative charge ?
All the things that exist are bound to the laws that exist betwean atoms molecules and so on right ?
What made these laws ?

Upvote 0

Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
AV1611VET said:

You received answers to your "If Jesus didn't believe in evolution, why should we?" question in the thread I linked. Let me quote the posts to you so there can be no confusion:
Pete Harcoff said:
As to why you should accept it now, maybe because it's a cornerstone of modern biology backed by 150 years of scientific research and has applications in conservation, agriculture, medicine and other areas of applied biotechnology?

Or, if you're looking for some deeper theological reason, maybe because that's what God's Creation reveals?
Garnett said:
Because you live in more scientifically advanced times.

If you're so interested in answers, return to the thread you abandoned and respond to the ones you've already received. Don't just post the questions again as though they'd never been answered. That's dishonest.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dimitree said:
and a negative charge ?
All the things that exist are bound to the laws that exist betwean atoms molecules and so on right ?
What made these laws ?

Yeah, what indeed. And why? And why that? And that? And that? And ...

icon_rolleyes.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lord Emsworth said:
Do you want to discuss science or literature?
I am simply asking YOU to address my points. I wish to discuss nothing. I promise you, I won't rebut anything you say. Just say SOMETHING.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Dimitree said:
and a negative charge ?
What made these laws ?

The properties of sub-atomic particles.

Scientific laws are descriptive, not prescriptive. Unlike laws passed by legislatures, they do not say what should be. They simply describe what is.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
AV1611VET said:
Hello, Dimitree

Here are my top three favorite questions to Evolutionists:
  • 1. Explain evolution in light of a 6000 year universe - (Genesis 1).
    2. Since God pronounced His Creation "very good" in Genesis 1:31 - why the need for Evolution?
    3. Since Jesus didn't believe in Evolution - (Mark 10:6; 13:9) - why should we?

OK, we try again.

1, There is no need to explain evolution in a 6,000 year old universe since the scientific evidence indicates that the universe is at least 2 million times that old.

2. I ask again, if God pronounced His creation very good, why did He end up repenting that He had made it and plan to destroy it with a global flood? Maybe it wasn't so good after all.

3. Why you think Mark 13:9 has anything to do with evolution is a mystery to me but Mark 10:6 only says that God created male and female, it doesn't say how He did it.

As to the reason I accept evolution as the best explanation for the diversity of life on earth, it amounts to the fact that the scientific evidence that I have been studying for the last 46 years indicates that to be the case.

Now if you have an actual substantive question about the evidence for evolution, or the evidence for the age of the earth or the universe then why not ask it?

The Frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0