Taranaki
✟81,560.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you walk in the Spirit you wont have fear or guilt.
We should all feel some guilt I believe. We all fall short of Gods standard. None of us have given up everything like Jesus did. And we all do not share the Gospel enough. Becuase of this, people are dying and that is not good. To not feel guilty about that would be unloving.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should all feel some guilt I believe.

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. 7 He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your guilt is taken away and atonement is made for your sin.”

Is this not what has happened for all true believers through the atonement of Jesus on the Cross ?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we all do not share the Gospel enough. Becuase of this, people are dying and that is not good. To not feel guilty about that would be unloving.

So love imputes guilt ???

Where does that theology come from ???

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,560.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. 7 He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your guilt is taken away and atonement is made for your sin.”

Is this not what has happened for all true believers through the atonement of Jesus on the Cross ?
You are applying something that happened to Isaiah to you. That is like replacement theology which needs to be taken with much caution.
So love imputes guilt ???
If you love someone and you let them die, then yes. A person should have guilt.

I find it funny that you say you speak the Gospel, but you are arguing with all your might that we should not.
Why is it that you are wanting to discourage people from doing it?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are applying something that happened to Isaiah to you. That is like replacement theology which needs to be taken with much caution.

Are you suggesting we do not have the same access to the Farther through Jesus that Isaiah had ?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it funny that you say you speak the Gospel, but you are arguing with all your might that we should not.
Why is it that you are wanting to discourage people from doing it?

Quote me where I said we should not share the Gospel...

That really is a mischaracterisation.

I would never discourage folks from sharing the Gospel in The Spirit.

I have however seem folks sharing the Gospel in a wrong spirit...

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,560.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting we do not have the same access to the Farther through Jesus that Isaiah had ?
No. I am saying that many people will put themselves in another person's place in the bible when it was specifically for that person. Not for other people. This is replacement theology which can often be wrong.
I would never discourage folks from sharing the Gospel in The Spirit.
Please explain and use scripture to show that what I have said it not of the Spirit. The Spirit was given so we would be His witnesses to all the ends of the earth. But you are discouraging the speaking of the Gospel by saying slogans such as "sharing the Gospel in the wrong Spirit". What is that? Please explain and give scripture.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we all do not share the Gospel enough. Becuase of this, people are dying

So God's plan of salvation for individuals is being thwarted because of our disobedience ???

Souls He wants saved are going to hell ???

Well, My father knows who are His and His plan of salvation for them is secure, none shall miss out on eternal life.

He uses various means to bring them to salvation - some have visions or dreams to lead them to Christ particularly the Muslims.

I in no way downplay the importance of preaching the Gospel in a right spirit but that is one of several means He has at His disposal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am saying that many people will put themselves in another person's place in the bible when it was specifically for that person. Not for other people. This is replacement theology which can often be wrong.

Replacement theology usually refers to Israel and the Church.

There are many lessons and experiences we can learn from when studying the lives of the Patriachs and Prophets.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Spirit was given so we would be His witnesses to all the ends of the earth. But you are discouraging the speaking of the Gospel by saying slogans such as "sharing the Gospel in the wrong Spirit". What is that? Please explain and give scripture

I know of a street evangelist who has a disastrous home life and is totally unable to see the log in his eye. Judges others with an assumed piety. It is an embarrassment.

It is not just about doing it - how you do it is important don't you think ?

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should all feel some guilt I believe. We all fall short of Gods standard. None of us have given up everything like Jesus did. And we all do not share the Gospel enough. Becuase of this, people are dying and that is not good. To not feel guilty about that would be unloving.
You aren't talking about "guilt," you're talking about "remorse," which is not the same thing.

Guilt leads to condemnation. The guilty are condemned and lost.

God's mercy covers our guilt by His grace. That doesn't remove the remorse we feel as we acknowledge the reason for our guilt, but it does remove the guilt.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,560.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So God's plan of salvation for individuals is being thwarted because of our disobedience ???

Souls He wants saved are going to hell ???
Calvinism vs Arminianism. Read Romans 10:14. How shall they believe in whom they have not heard?
He uses various means to bring them to salvation - some have visions or dreams to lead them to Christ particularly the Muslims.
Yes. This is true.
This does not negate us from sharing the Gospel. Romans 10:14 still applies for 99.9999% of people. How shall they believe in whom they have not heard? We need to share the Gospel.
I know of a street evangelist who has a disastrous home life and is totally unable to see the log in his eye. Judges others with an assumed piety. It is an embarrassment.

It is not just about doing it - how you do it is important don't you think ?
That is correct. If a believer has a log in your own eye, and it is a constant issue, then he does not make a good witness. There are also some who call themselves believers, but they continue in sin. They are not truly saved because they continue to break Gods law (Matt 7:22-23). These people can be a bad witness.
Also, I am not saying that everyone should be a street preacher. But every believer should be looking to share the Gospel as often as possible. Weather that is in school, the workplace, or when out with friends. We should all be equipped and able and wanting to share the Good News.
How did you investigate everyone to find out that everyone disobeyed Him ?
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. The rich young ruler approached Jesus and asked, “What good thing must I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus answered, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only One who is good.” Mark 10:18.
You aren't talking about "guilt," you're talking about "remorse," which is not the same thing.
Guilt leads to condemnation. The guilty are condemned and lost.
God's mercy covers our guilt by His grace. That doesn't remove the remorse we feel as we acknowledge the reason for our guilt, but it does remove the guilt.
That makes sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. This is true.
This does not negate us from sharing the Gospel. Romans 10:14 still applies for 99.9999% of people. How shall they believe in whom they have not heard? We need to share the Gospel.

No one is arguing with you about sharing the gospel.

However to put God's plan of salvation on our shoulders is wrong because it was a burden He took on the Cross.

We go out with joy and celebration, not with fear of killing people eternally due to remiss on our part.

It is His work not ours - we just have the privilege of walking in it with Him and watch the action.

That is why I pray for His created opportunities and at times are led to a specific individual ripe for the Word. If we can learn to do this, then the harvest is less trampled.

At the same time Paul spoke the Word to the masses, there is a place for both approaches.

I tend to be a 'bullet' witness with a specific target.

Some are 'shotgun' witnesses who spray the Word around.

God uses both.

But if you want to see good fruit from your witness, learn to be in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

If you want scriptural support for this read Acts 9 up to verse 19.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,560.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However to put God's plan of salvation on our shoulders is wrong because it was a burden He took on the Cross.
He did take our place on the cross. We sinned and He became the attornment for us.
But I do not feel that it is wrong to feel a burden for the lost. Paul felt a burden to share. "For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" If we love our neighbour, we do not want them to perish. So, we will warn them. It would be unloving not to. And it would be uncompassionated not to feel sorrow for the loss of those people.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He did take our place on the cross. We sinned and He became the attornment for us.
But I do not feel that it is wrong to feel a burden for the lost. Paul felt a burden to share. "For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" If we love our neighbour, we do not want them to perish. So, we will warn them. It would be unloving not to. And it would be uncompassionated not to feel sorrow for the loss of those people.

Yes having a burden for the lost is important, but feeling responsible for their salvation is not. that is playing God games.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes having a burden for the lost is important, but feeling responsible for their salvation is not. that is playing God games.
Yes. The salvation of the lost is not our burden. Obeying Christ's call to spread the gospel is our burden...those are two different things.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0