Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Faithful friend Fortunatus

Fortunatus.png

That's disgusting LOL!
Lol. I know! It's almost like a gross-out competition with comedy, where Saul says to himself, "I'll give him a bride price for the nastiest thing I can think of", but David thinks to himself "I'll not only pay that obnoxious price, I'll double it and see what he does with them all!" Poor Michal would probably have preferred roses...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Faithful friend Fortunatus

View attachment 289545
Lol. I know! It's almost like a gross-out competition with comedy, where Saul says to himself, "I'll give him a bride price for the nastiest thing I can think of", but David thinks to himself "I'll not only pay that obnoxious price, I'll double it and see what he does with them all!" Poor Michal would probably have preferred roses...
LOL! i suspect you might be right about that.

Gigantic Galoophus Goliath

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hateful, hanging Haman.

hamon.png

LOL! i suspect you might be right about that.
Lol. Only suspect? :eek: ;) When I first read the passage many years ago, I couldn't understand why Saul wanted *those*. I mean, I still don't, but at the time, I had in my head that the Israelites must have dried or preserved them in some way, and kept them in wallets or something for use as a type of currency. Now that was gross. I could understand how one might pay to get rid of one, but couldn't get over the fact David has used 200 to buy a princess. So I was kind of relieved when I later learned it was just Saul who had a strange obsession.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hateful, hanging Haman.

View attachment 289547
Lol. Only suspect? :eek: ;) When I first read the passage many years ago, I couldn't understand why Saul wanted *those*. I mean, I still don't, but at the time, I had in my head that the Israelites must have dried or preserved them in some way, and kept them in wallets or something for use as a type of currency. Now that was gross. I could understand how one might pay to get rid of one, but couldn't get over the fact David has used 200 to buy a princess. So I was kind of relieved when I later learned it was just Saul who had a strange obsession.
Yes, Saul was quite a character. He was also possibly hoping that David would be killed in this quest. He was developing a resentment of David and prob'ly wanted to sorta' delete him from thd face of thd earth. And as a father? He was treacherous even to his own son, Jonathan.Ugh!

Wow, the description of Haman is spot on.

Imploring for Israel Isaiah

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jericho-jarring Joshua

Josh.jpg

Yes, Saul was quite a character. He was also possibly hoping that David would be killed in this quest. He was developing a resentment of David and prob'ly wanted to sorta' delete him from thd face of thd earth. And as a father? He was treacherous even to his own son, Jonathan.Ugh!
Yeah. Terrible Saul. Selling his daughter, and worse, for something less than worthless, that people actually pay to get rid of. Trying to murder his own son. And ever-treachurous to David, his loyal commander and hero. A very sad man, but I feel sorry for him also. Tormented by his own failings, and unable to fully repent and find grace.

Wow, the description of Haman is spot on.
Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Jericho-jarring Joshua

View attachment 289554

Yeah. Terrible Saul. Selling his daughter, and worse, for something less than worthless, that people actually pay to get rid of. Trying to murder his own son. And ever-treachurous to David, his loyal commander and hero. A very sad man, but I feel sorry for him also. Tormented by his own failings, and unable to fully repent and find grace.

Thanks! :)

That's a spot on summarh of Saul....but i don't feel sorry for him LOL! i'm just relieved he didn't have a chance to actually kill David or Jonathan. It saddens me how Jonathan died though. He was a true friend of David and one of the most under-appreciated Godly men of the Bible.

The description of Joshua's got a righteous "punch" to it. :D

Killer-hearted Korah brothers.

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lacklustre, laborious Leah.

Leah.jpg

That's a spot on summarh of Saul....but i don't feel sorry for him LOL! i'm just relieved he didn't have a chance to actually kill David or Jonathan. It saddens me how Jonathan died though. He was a true friend of David and one of the most under-appreciated Godly men of the Bible.
Yeah. It reminds me of the saying "One can choose one's friends, but one can't choose one's family." Jonathan might have lived if he wasn't Saul's son.

The description of Joshua's got a righteous "punch" to it. :D
Ha, ha. Didn't he have one, also? :)

Killer-hearted Korah brothers.
Suicidal, too, one would think.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Lacklustre, laborious Leah.

View attachment 289895

Yeah. It reminds me of the saying "One can choose one's friends, but one can't choose one's family." Jonathan might have lived if he wasn't Saul's son.

Ha, ha. Didn't he have one, also? :)

Suicidal, too, one would think.
Spot on, all of the above.....

Micah, wise man of God, who broke it down to us in the verse that spells out plainly what God "requires" of us, bottom line...i think it's in Micah 6:8

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Spot on, all of the above.....

Micah, wise man of God, who broke it down to us in the verse that spells out plainly what God "requires" of us, bottom line...i think it's in Micah 6:8
Noble next-of-kin Naomi.

naomi.jpg

Upvote 0