Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hey y'all, I'm gonna share a quick back story to explain the strange title, and I hope you guys could explain what happened to me.

Last year was a pretty tough time for me emotionally, perhaps the worst I'v ever experienced in my lifetime and pray I never get to experience again. I was extremely depressed, anxious, and suicidal and there was nothing I could do to change that situation. I was truly hopeless.

Despite the extreme hopelessness that I experienced at that time, I kept the depression and anxiety bottled up and never once shared it with anyone, not even my family members because I knew there was nothing they could do to improve my situation. So I stayed quiet and battled the feelings alone.

Fast forward to a few months ago... We visited an old relative who we hadn't seen in a while, and as we sat down for a conversation, we were offered coffee in little white cups by the relative's daughter, and when I drank mine, the daughter took my cup and began looking on the inside of it for a few seconds, which I found odd, and then began "Reading out" what I had experienced in those months prior.

That moment was extremely strange because she was accurate in describing what I had been feeling, as well as in what months I felt that way, and whom I hung out with the most during that time. As I said earlier, I never once shared any detail of my situation with my family, let alone any family friends or cousins, and this relative was someone we hadn't seen in a very long time, so the possibility of her knowing anything was absolutely none.

At the end of her reading, she explained to me that she has been doing it for years to most of her guests, and she regularly gets people visiting her to have their cup read... Is this not some form of magic? Because I refuse to believe that a single tiny coffee cup "spoke" to her, if you will, and told her my life story. So how could she have possibly known anything about it?

Please share your thoughts. I'm happy to read anything that could make sense of this situation.

Edit - She claimed to be a Christian.

The same principle over and over again. From astrology to mentalists etc.

They will tell you a well prepared story that is made in the way that almost everybody will find it familiar. Who does not, he does not, but the group that fits in will be amazed as you are.

There is also a thing called "cold reading" which is sometimes mixed to it - the supposed spiritist or mentalist will slightly change her story based upon your micro reactions.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
If she is charging or taking donations for her repeated guests readings then she is likely trying to scam you out of some money . She likely could tell you were struggling with some issues in life, gave you a basic " reading " that can appeal to many situations , made you feel like she understood and could 'advise' you, then if you come back for more she will ask for money . I would write it off as nonsense and go to actual real counseling to help you if you need it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mattin91

Nov 19, 2019
Midwest
✟1,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People who read tea leaves or who use some other form of divination are not to be believed. They may, in some cases, think they have a "natural" gift but they do not. Such 'abilities' are not from God.

Acts 16:17

New International Version
She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved."

New International Version
She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.

Anyone suffering from depression or suicidal thoughts should see a doctor.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, forgot to mention that she did in fact claim to be a Christian.

People can claim to be all kinds of things but it doesn't mean they are. Has she been born again by the Spirit of God? Has she trusted Jesus for her salvation? What has her conversion experience been?

I know of no Christian operating under the power of the Holy Spirit who functions in their gifts this way or in this manner. It sounds creepy to me and very demonic...but that's just my opinion from what you've shared. Something seems off.

Upvote 0