WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Couldn't resist bumping this thread when I found it... sometimes I am in the mood for the old-school country music, and this is the most recent thread I can find on it. I know it's been four months since the last post, but... hey, what does it hurt?

This is Stop and Smell the Roses, the original by Mac Davis and cover by the Heritage Singers (both from the early '80s)

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
The following track is one I don't remember hearing growing up, but heard it for the first time on a Website a few years back which featured Real Audio files of classic country music from the '30s to the late '70s/early '80s. It was called The Record Lady, and I actually remembered a few of the songs being played around the house (some of which was my dad's stuff,and some of it was on the radio); music has intrigued me from as far back as I can remember and as a result I have an appreciation for a variety of genres. At any rate, the Website has been long dead, but many of these gems can be found on Youtube.

This is from the point of view of a truck driver (somewhat light-hearted). Gotta appreciate their hard work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0