Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I concur. If we subscribe to that truth we must be mindful of the man we select. I don't think you can accurately gauge suitability by relying on emotions.

I believe we'd have fewer divorces if Christian women yielded to the first part and forged alignments from that position. But it's difficult to do if you're unwilling to accept his headship. Submission is a necessary requirement for its success.
I believe many Christian women do try to be pretty and does what the bible says. But Christian people cheat. The man finds someone else. Maybe a women ,that doesn't submit so fast. Or isn't fake. Men like to be yelled at and treated badly. And so does the Christian women.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And that's one too many.
Why exactly is one person who doesn't subscribe to your personally preferred way of living "one too many"?

I can also assure you that there is far more than one household where the woman works and the man doesn't, and far, far more where the womans work is the main source of income.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I stated an opinion. I did not attempt to impress that on anyone. Nor would I do so.
Well.. this is the discussion and debate forum, so if you state an "opinion" over here, you might see it challenged.

So once again, why do you hold that opinion? You are certainly free to search for different relationships, but why is another woman having such a relationship "one too many" in your opinion?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of men feel like they are just a pay check to their wives.
So?

Does it really matter what he feels? If it can be demonstrated that is not the case then how he feels is irrelevant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you expound on your thought please?
Perhaps this is some facet of toxic manhood, but I have always lived by ignoring my and other men’s feelings. As an engineer i deal in facts, things that can be expressed in mathematical formulae.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Miranda Kerr: Women "Need to Make a Little Effort" When It Comes to Pleasing Their Men

she's on second marriage; her advice must not work

not a baker although I do cook dinner every night
so tonight decided to bake cookies for some reason, maybe to warm house, lol

husband thanked me for baking!
way to a man's heart is through food?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It was not mentioned in the thread but it's a common practice. That's why I included it in my statement. The behavior always results in discontentment and complaints. :)
Keeping score only has validity, where one partner suddenly realises that its all one-sided in terms of supporting and pleasing their partner.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Miranda Kerr: Women "Need to Make a Little Effort" When It Comes to Pleasing Their Men

"My grandma taught me that men are visual and you need to make a little effort," the model said in an interview with The Edit. "So when [Evan] comes home, I make sure to have a nice dress on and the candles lit. We make time to have a nice dinner together." (read the full article on Harpar's Bazaar.)

For the purposes of discussion:

Do you agree? Why or Why not? And what constitutes "a little effort?" Who defines it?

Yes and vice versa

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for explaining. Do you believe women should do the same?
There is scripture commanding many things for husbands and wives, and they are NOT the same list.

There is a command in both testaments for husbands to keep their wives sexually satisfied. THere is one add-on that Paul puts in 1 Cor 7 where he says that wives should do the same.

THere is a specific command for husbands to love their wives. No such command exists (beyond the generic Christian love) for wives to love their husbands.

Since the commands are not the same, that may or not be the case. Since I am not a woman, I have never looked at that specific issue in depth as to how it would apply to women.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I'm understanding you correctly, you have not delved into the issue (we're discussing) because of your gender? And if this is correct, how would you help your spouse if she had challenges in that area if you aren't knowledgeable about the subject?
Correct on the first point.

On the 2nd, I would encourage her to do her own prayer and study on the issue and back her fully on what ever she determines to be her course.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.