Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know I made a post earlier already asking for support, and I don't want to bother anyone with this one with constant posts, but I need some extra reassurance. It's a continuation from the last one, obviously, so It's right here if you didn't read it. Obviously, skip over it if you have read it already.

Sorry for that vague title, but I don't know what else I could title this. I'm going through a lot, and I need some help. So for a while now, I've had a serious problem. I keep thinking horrible things in my head. I don't mean any of these things, but I just keep thinking them. I've tried to stop it, but every suggestion I get never works. I've thought horrible things towards God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit that I don't mean. They just keep coming into my head and I can't make it stop. I've said many other horrible things, too, and it's led to me doubting if I would be forgiven, and a lot of sadness. Every time I think these things, I take it back immediately, but I still feel horrible about it. I've also started thinking things that I don't want. I've thought things like "dang" me (except the actual really bad word. I don't feel comfortable typing it). I think things other horrible things like this, and they get me really scared as well. I searched things up about it, and all I found were sites about the importance of repentance. This is also getting me scared, because turning from your sins is part of repentance, but I literally can't stop these thoughts in my head, so what can I do? I really need help. I don't know what to do, and I'm scared and sad. If anyone can give some reassurance, it'd be appreciated.

In the original post, I talked about a bunch of problems I have in my mind about thinking things I don't want to think. The responses were actually really encouraging, so thank you all. But I'm still hung up on some things. I keep thinking things I don't want to think or I don't mean. It's gotten to the point where I've thought awful things that I don't want. I thought things like "dang" me (But the actual word, I just don't feel comfortable writing it). I've thought and asked for things like this that I obviously don't want. What I'm really hung up on is these things I think. Will God listen to these things I think, even if I don't want them? I feel like the responses will be predictable and obvious, but my mind just can't rest on these thoughts, and it's making me so scared. I just need some reassurance, because no matter how much I try to convince myself He won't listen to those things, I just can't shake these horrible feelings. Again, sorry for bothering you with these posts, but I'm going through a rough time in my life.

I'm going through the same thing. It's just important to know that you haven't committed the unpardonable sin. That's just the devil trying to get you to doubt. If you believe in Jesus and have accepted his salvation nobody can take that salvation away. No-one.

Upvote 0

Katechon

Oct 6, 2018
New Jerusalem
✟7,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
I know I made a post earlier already asking for support, and I don't want to bother anyone with this one with constant posts, but I need some extra reassurance. It's a continuation from the last one, obviously, so It's right here if you didn't read it. Obviously, skip over it if you have read it already.

Sorry for that vague title, but I don't know what else I could title this. I'm going through a lot, and I need some help. So for a while now, I've had a serious problem. I keep thinking horrible things in my head. I don't mean any of these things, but I just keep thinking them. I've tried to stop it, but every suggestion I get never works. I've thought horrible things towards God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit that I don't mean. They just keep coming into my head and I can't make it stop. I've said many other horrible things, too, and it's led to me doubting if I would be forgiven, and a lot of sadness. Every time I think these things, I take it back immediately, but I still feel horrible about it. I've also started thinking things that I don't want. I've thought things like "dang" me (except the actual really bad word. I don't feel comfortable typing it). I think things other horrible things like this, and they get me really scared as well. I searched things up about it, and all I found were sites about the importance of repentance. This is also getting me scared, because turning from your sins is part of repentance, but I literally can't stop these thoughts in my head, so what can I do? I really need help. I don't know what to do, and I'm scared and sad. If anyone can give some reassurance, it'd be appreciated.

In the original post, I talked about a bunch of problems I have in my mind about thinking things I don't want to think. The responses were actually really encouraging, so thank you all. But I'm still hung up on some things. I keep thinking things I don't want to think or I don't mean. It's gotten to the point where I've thought awful things that I don't want. I thought things like "dang" me (But the actual word, I just don't feel comfortable writing it). I've thought and asked for things like this that I obviously don't want. What I'm really hung up on is these things I think. Will God listen to these things I think, even if I don't want them? I feel like the responses will be predictable and obvious, but my mind just can't rest on these thoughts, and it's making me so scared. I just need some reassurance, because no matter how much I try to convince myself He won't listen to those things, I just can't shake these horrible feelings. Again, sorry for bothering you with these posts, but I'm going through a rough time in my life.

Listen, the devil uses delusion and your mind against you, his ultimate tool is fear and guilt. Your first step is collecting yourself, and understanding that God does not condemn those who seek help, nor does God judge based on the mind. God judges based on the heart. The heart is the last bastion of human purity, as the devil can manipulate people by their mind as is your case. You're clean, and the truth in your heart will save you from any self-destructive delusion you may think is going to hold you down.

Upvote 0