Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Ark Guy, as you've been told again and again science does not say the resurrection didn't happen! It says such things don't normally happen, but God can do anything. Lay it to rest, will you?

What is the point about Adam being made of the dust of the earth? Is it simply a scientific statement to counter evolution? If so, my inclination is to say of the statement "so what?"

But if its meaning is theological - that our bodies are made of the stuff of the earth (which indeed they are), then it has a point. And it doesn't really matter if our physical form is derived through a simian ancestry - the truth that our bodies are a real part of the physical universe remains. It just doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0
A

Ark Guy

Karl - Liberal Backslider said:
Ark Guy, as you've been told again and again science does not say the resurrection didn't happen! It says such things don't normally happen, but God can do anything. Lay it to rest, will you?

God can do anything...except for a six day creation as written in the book of Genesis.
That's the point, you filter this through your science...but for some reason not the resurrection. Is that because it is part of salvation and you dare not disagree with that point yet other points you feel free to fervently attack ?

What is the point about Adam being made of the dust of the earth? Is it simply a scientific statement to counter evolution? If so, my inclination is to say of the statement "so what?"

The point is very very important. It is how man came about. if you notice the bible didn't say evolution. THE POINT IS THAT YOU NEED TO TWIST SCRIPTURE TO MAKE IT APPEAR AS EVOLUTIONISM.

But if its meaning is theological - that our bodies are made of the stuff of the earth (which indeed they are), then it has a point. And it doesn't really matter if our physical form is derived through a simian ancestry - the truth that our bodies are a real part of the physical universe remains. It just doesn't really matter.

If the bible is wrong on that point..I ask again, what other portions are incorrect? Is the resurrection also a myth? How do you know?

See my thread ...puzzled.

Upvote 0

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Listen very carefully.

God can do anything. Including create a universe in six days.

The reason I do not believe He did so is the evidence of that universe itself, not any question marks over the power of God.

I hope that's clear, although the last umpteen times I've stated it it clearly hasn't been.

Your other questions I will deal with in the other thread.

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Arkguy, why do you raise the same points over and over when we have already given you the response over and over? Rather than raise the same lame argument, why not respond intelligently to our response?

No one on this forum has EVER said that God could not create the universe in six days. Everytime you insinuate that this is our position, you are lying through your teeth and you know it. Not Christian fruit in the least.

God can have created the Universe in six days. He could have created it in six seconds if He liked. Theistic Evolutionists do not believe that the earth is old because God COULD not have created it in six days, but because the clear evidence is that He DID not.

Just as God could have created the universe in six seconds, He can raise anyone he likes from the dead. We believe He can do it and we believe He did do it because the Scripture said He did and there is no reason to read this text other than literally. There IS reason to read the Genesis text other than literally because of the vast evidence that the earth is billions of years old.

So, debate the evidence if you like, that is fine. But this pathetic "if you don't believe in a literal six days, you can't believe in the resurrection" is not only a lie, it is an old lie.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.