• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

7th Day Safehouse

Discussion in 'Suggest New Forums' started by HARK!, Nov 3, 2020.

1. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,870
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    It looks like you've done some research on this subject. We share more in common than I realized; while we were too busy working together, defending the most basic principals of the Sabbath, i.e. not abolishing it.

I look forward to a forum were we can share free exchange of understanding, without being criticized as legalists.

2. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+103
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    So what is the hold up?

3. tampasteve

tampasteve ✡Messianic✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+4,231
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Administration are still discussing the best way to (if) set this forum up. As you can see, we have a LOT of forums here, so we don't take creating a new one lightly any longer. We want to ensure that it will have enough traffic, and that the Statement of Purpose is adequately worded before we make it "live".

We do not have a large staff here, and we all have daytime jobs and families, so it can take longer than we all might otherwise like.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. HARK!

+2,870
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Good news!

5. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+103
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I understand. I use to Moderate BibleDiscussions.com

6. HARK!

+2,870
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    SHABBAT SHALOM!

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+4,591
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Happy Sabbath friends :)

8. Gary K

Gary K Active Member

+124
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I like the idea of a place where the Sabbath can be discussed without being trolled. But, where is the line to be drawn between honest questions and trolling? An echo chamber forum gets stale in a hurry, and so does a troll-ridden forum. Both become unpopular in a fairly short time.

If only those who already believe in the Sabbath can post this would seem to me to be an echo chamber. I guess it's form of witnessing, but it seems to me to not be a great form of witnessing. I enjoy my conversations with those who disagree with me. Some of the best times I've ever had witnessing are my discussions with Jehovah Witnesses and the Mormon boys that drop by two by two. I've had spontaneous hours-long discussions with both parties on multiple subjects when they drop by my door. When the light comes on their eyes, not all are open to learning, those times have been the most rewarding experiences of my life. Some times they go away angry too, but we all act differently to conviction, and them getting angry can simply be the symptom of conviction entering their hearts. If this forum becomes an echo chamber that experience isn't possible.

I don't like the idea of an echo chamber, so I would say that respectful questions from those who are not already Sabbath keepers should be allowed. That wouldn't stop us from learning from each other but it would enlarge the scope and purpose of the forum.

9. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+103
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    May you and all Have a Happy Peaceful Sabbath in and through Christ Jesus amen.

10. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,263
    Messianic
    It will be wonderful to finally have a "Sabbath rest" area for those of us who are tired of the arguing of the first point.. yes the Sabbath is still part of God's Kingdom, and to be able to move on to the nuances of the beauty of the Sabbath in its details.

11. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,263
    Messianic
    This forum doesn't stop places to witness about the Sabbath in other areas of the forum. This is just a rest and rejuvenate among fellow believer spot on the forum without harrassment.