Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn't watch the video, but to answer the OP, would Jesus own something expensive..
Why not?
Another cool thing to wonder
Would the guy in the video pave his driveway with gold?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
A False prophet if I've ever seen one: This man is not concerned with the things of God.

If you are correct, there are thousands of people there. What do you make of them? Are they sheep? Are they goats? Are they victims???

Reactions: Propianotuner
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If the Holy Family did have a dog, I think it's safe to say that it would have been a mutt, not some purebred status symbol. I can imagine a scruffy dirty pooch chewing on a bone outside a home in Nazareth, I have a harder time imagining Jesus carrying around a perfectly well-groomed purebred purse dog

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are correct, there are thousands of people there. What do you make of them? Are they sheep? Are they goats? Are they victims???
The Lord knows. I just fail to see how any Child of God could listen to such garbage.

Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I see them as victims. Most of the time these are people who are desperate for something meaningful. They are usually poor, sick, and/or suffering and they are enticed by the seductive words of wolves and serpents. When you or someone you love is suffering, trying to find that glimmer of hope can make people desperate; and even ordinarily sensible sort of people can be blinded by empty promises.

I have sympathy and pity for those who are led astray by these sorts of snake oil salesmen, my disdain is directly very specifically at the ones selling the snake oil.

There is a very special place in hell* for those who rob from cancer victims, widows, and the destitute. Jesus made it very clear that, when it comes to the "least of these", what His priorities as judge of the quick and the dead look like.

-CryptoLutheran

*For what it's worth, I'm not presuming to know who is going to hell or not, this is intended as a harshly worded criticism for those who engage in this sort of behavior; people who use the Lord's name to destroy and injure the weakest and most vulnerable people is unquestionably abominable and deserve to have their actions condemned in the harshest terms possible.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord knows. I just fail to see how any Child of God could listen to such garbage.

I understand, but it obviously happens, and on a very large scale. This is only one among many such places.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus rescued us, and He paid more than $16,000 ! ! !

There is the woman who put the ointment on Jesus, and it was worth something like $20,000-$30,000, according to two Net sources.

I think one thing which attracts people to money ministers is that the money church is so different than the institutionalized churches. It can seem freeing. But while institutionalized copy-cat stuff can freeze us, money and music and lighting and stage showmanship can not free us.

Reactions: Propianotuner
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have sympathy and pity for those who are led astray by these sorts of snake oil salesmen

While I tend to agree, I must also believe that there are more than a couple of folks in the audience looking for their own pot of gold. That's what this teaching is all about, isn't it? Give me mine, and you will get yours. It seems to fuel greed.

Is this what Christians should strive for? In his words, the world will stand up and take notice if we are rich and flaunt it. Is he right? Doesn't God make His people rich? Isn't that the sign of His blessing?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is he right? Doesn't God make His people rich? Isn't that the sign of His blessing?
I have always considered Jesus to be better than rich and the One to give us better than riches. And so, why have my mind on riches? To me, 1 Peter 3:1-4 shows what can get a disobedient husband's attention so he is won to Jesus.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi brian,

Most people are followers of those they want to be like. My answer to your question is that his followers are just like him.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi brian,

Most people are followers of those they want to be like. My answer to your question is that his followers are just like him.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

That may very well be true, Ted. If they didn't start off that way, they would likely end up that way, it would seem.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While I tend to agree, I must also believe that there are more than a couple of folks in the audience looking for their own pot of gold. That's what this teaching is all about, isn't it? Give me mine, and you will get yours. It seems to fuel greed.

Is this what Christians should strive for? In his words, the world will stand up and take notice if we are rich and flaunt it. Is he right? Doesn't God make His people rich? Isn't that the sign of His blessing?
I didn't watch the video but:
What should Christians strive for?
To be as Christ is in the world.
Does God make His people rich?
Sometimes, sure, why not?
Is it a sign of blessing?
Seems like it is in this instance, The blessing of Abraham:
Gen 24
And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly;
and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks,
and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants,
and maidservants, and camels, and asses.

Lot and Abraham had so much that the land couldn't hold them both.
And it was a blessing from God.

This seems to tie it in with Covenant...
Deut 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God:
for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth,
that he may establish his covenant which he sware
unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

But the most important reason for the blessing of God is:
Gal 3
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham
might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, '
so that by faith we might receive
the promise of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have always considered Jesus to be better than rich and the One to give us better than riches. And so, why have my mind on riches? To me, 1 Peter 3:1-4 shows what can get a disobedient husband's attention so he is won to Jesus.

Yes, 1 Peter 3:1-4 is a great verse that contradicts the teaching in the video.

Upvote 0

Mary7

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2015
Mississippi
✟75,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This person owns a $16,000 dog. Would Jesus own a $16,000 dog? Which is this, God's blessing or man's greed?

How does the New Testament either back this or condemn it?

[

What about women buying gowns that cost over $10k to wear one time. I am sure the list of such expenditures would be very long.

Upvote 0