Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now here's an interesting article;

The Associated Press: AP Exclusive: Backers of NYC mosque appear divided

It seems the chief financier of Park51 is willing to sell the property to someone else for the right price;
...Elzanaty said his real estate partnership, which paid $4.8 million for half the site last year, has already received offers three times that much to sell that parcel.

"Develop it, raze it, sell it," he said. "If someone wants to give me 18 or 20 million dollars today, it's all theirs."...
:cool:

Hmmm...

Sounds remarkably like something another poster said a while back that the finances lead to conclude there was no mosque, but a rather deceptive PR job going on.

Oh wait! That poster was me...

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes! Thank you! Even someone who's not American can easily understand this.

Understand what?

It was presented yesterday that the Greek Orthodox church had been denied the right to rebuild their church across the street from ground zero, but that simply is not true. It was presented in an attempt to make the case that while a mosque is allowed to be built, a church is not. It was presented in an attempt to show that Muslims were being shown favor over Christians.

Except it's not true.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm...

Sounds remarkably like something another poster said a while back that the finances lead to conclude there was no mosque, but a rather deceptive PR job going on.

Oh wait! That poster was me...

The irony in all of this is, the opposition to Park51 has driven the selling point of this property WAY up.

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

Yes! Thank you! Even someone who's not American can easily understand this.

I think we all understand this. Likewise, there is no evidence that the group behind Park51 has flown any planes into buildings either. But, the bigger issue is that you are comparing apples and oranges. Nobody is denying the Greek Orthodox the right to build their church. So, it is patently dishonest to cite them as example of inconsistent or unfair treatment. The treatment of the two groups appears fair; neither one is receiving special funding from the city or any other government unit. Both are completely free to construct a building with their own finances. All in all, it seems equal to me.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟716,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The irony in all of this is, the opposition to Park51 has driven the selling point of this property WAY up.

And why is that?

Because so many people don't want it there.

Upvote 0