San Francisco
✟8,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
#5 In Seoul, restaurants and cafes closed at 11 pm, but you can shop till 5 am in the morning!

[See Dongdaemun!]
Top 16 Places to Shop in Seoul [Updated 2019]
Hours: 10am to 5am, Tuesday to Saturday; 10:30am to 11pm, Sunday.
Address: Euljiro 6(yuk)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea

#4 When a baby is born in South Korea, it's already considered one year old. Why? They see it a new born has already spent 9 months in mother's womb.

#3 Surprisingly, South koreans are Asia's heaviest drinkers! They believe drinking helps you get closer to others. If they want to go to drink with you, they simply want to get to know you and break the ice faster.

You can see ranks here. MAP: What Country Drinks the Most Alcohol?

#2 In 2019, an unbelievable thing happens. In only 10 months, 103,764 people from 113 countries graduated after completing a Bible study in Shincheonji… this is an unprecedented phenomenon that is taking place globally. It is due to God's love and grace. The Bible study is a 6 month course, delivered without cost, that must be completed in order to graduate. Already 200,000 more people are studying the Bible.

Article: Unbelievable 103,764 Bible Study Graduates in a year from Shincheonji Church
Replay: 100,000 Graduation Ceremony of the 12 Tribes of Shincheonji
Free Bible Study Course Application: ☞ Bible Study Course Application

#1 The Power of BTS ARMY is the strongest in the world. Over the past two months, Taylor Swift (85 million followers) averaged around 91,000 Twitter mentions per week. Justin Bieber saw close to 390,000 mentions in the past week. How about BTS? Over the past two months, BTS saw over 36 million mentions. BTS Army made a tremendous contribution. When you see the chart of Forbes article, you can feel this for sure.

Forbes Article: The Strength Of K-Pop Fandom, By The Numbers

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is an interesting article from Gastro Obscura on the history of massive Korean meals.

AtlasObscura said:
For example, in his travelogue from 1894, writer Ernst von Hesse-Wartegg noted:

“When I was in Japan, the Japanese told me their neighbors ate about three times as they did. When I later arrived at the port of Jemulpo [today’s Incheon], I saw that it truly was the case. Unlike the Chinese and the Japanese who eat at regular intervals, Koreans eat at all times. Unbelievable amounts of rice, along with a fistful of red peppers, would disappear in an instant.”​

Perhaps because of the better eating, Hesse-Wartegg also noticed Korea’s soldiers were “muscular, stocky and well-nourished” and “in a much better condition” than Chinese and Japanese soldiers.[/indent]

Reactions: leaf_92
Upvote 0