I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Some things I say I don't have a good feeling about. This I say I am emphatically against.

FDNY anti-terror plans

Particularly:

Firefighters and fire inspectors are uniquely positioned to identify terrorists because, unlike police, they can enter homes and businesses without search warrants, officials say.

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Only in a state of emergency which in effect IS the equivilant of a warrant because they're given the permission of the owner. Police can enter a house with permission of the owner too as far as that goes. They can't just go in like "Hey I'm a fire fighter. I'm just going to search your house now." No.

Unless they intend to set fire to every house they believe has terrorists living in it.

Upvote 0

craigerNY

Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In an apartment building they may need to enter apartments adjacent to where a fire is localized. Even though that apartment may not be ablaze. Should they be reporting their observations that are not related to analyzing the extent of the blaze?

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No because that is not their job AND it takes the concentration away from their job. Obviously, if on the wall is a dooms day plan, that's something to take in. Obviously, if a guy walks into my store with a gun, it's something to look at. But if they're putting that on the same level or anywhere NEAR the same level as their actual job, then they're not doing their job. Those things are at the back of the mind, not things you should be worrying about.

When I work, of course it's in mind to keep an eye out for shoplifters but I don't sulk around every person and assume the worst of people. It's only if something is REALLY suspicious. And I mean REALLY. Will I miss things sometimes? Even if I were trying I would miss things and I'd be losing customers on top of it. Same goes for this situation.

Upvote 0

craigerNY

Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Here where I am in upstate NY the code inspector is under the jurisdiction of the fire department, he is a fire department employee. Code inspectors have access to your home in situations that are not in any way related to a fire.

When I say they have no bounds I mean they literally have have no bounds. Electrical work has to be inspected, If you put an addition on it has to be inspected, new garage, new roof yep, has to be inspected. This will never pass the 4th amendment. They should know better.

Upvote 0