Australia
✟294,530.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that this is, essentially, a double standard, right?

You're saying that the crimes and sins of one group are fine because you agree with them, but the alleged sins of another group aren't because you don't like them.
No its not a double standard. Its due diligence.

Do you count David Caresh as a prophet? Do you count Jim Jones as a prophet? Do you count Marshall Herff Applewhite Jr as a prophet? Allen John Miller? George Patrick Dubie?

Of course you don't, why? Because the fruits of these people are obviously not of God, and I don't believe Joseph Smiths fruits were of God either, there is too much untruth, there is too much illegal activity, there is too much manipulation of people to get their money, their devotion, their wives, their daughters, there is too much hiding of what the real beliefs of the religion are to get converts. Too much focus on politics and trying to become president of the USA. Not to mention his military focus. These are not good fruits at all. The LDS church today STILL expects people to join without knowing everything, 'oh you find that out later' its deceptive and the religion is based on the deception and untruths told by Joseph Smith.

So no I don't believe it is a double standard and I don't think Jospeh Smith should be placed in the same moral category as the prophets of the Old Testament or the apostles of Jesus at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0