Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am going on a 40 day fast again. I did this awhile back and wanted to share with the board aubt it seemed some thought it was a bad idea or it felt like discouragement so I quit posting about it.

But I really believe we can share and lift each other and what divine revelations come with corportate fasting. I don't really have a 'prayer partner' or 'accountability partner', but I want to be accountable. So I wanted to share it here. But again, I felt discouragement and discontent when I posted it the first time.

So I am doing it again. PLEASE, don't be negative in this post. PLEASE know I am saved and HOLY GHOST FILLED, FIRE BAPTIZED; even though I struggle and have strongholds like everyone else. That is my purpose for fasting. If you want to join me, I would love to be in corporate agreement with someone. If not, I am willing to walk alone.

This is my place to just post and I really don't want to DEFEND a 40 day fast or my salvation !!

By the way thanks for those who held me in prayer the last time. You all don't know how much that meant to me and how it helped me. But again after the negatives, I just didn't go back in that post, but I thank you so much from my heart and please be praying for me.

BattleAxe

Excited To Know Jesus
Aug 30, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you Jesus for today.

I was so blessed today. Last night, well, all day really I was just so touched by the presence of the Lord. I felt renewed and strengthened. It had been awhile since I really went on the mission field of my own little town and just witnessed to people. God will put people in your path. Well, today, the van driver came to pick me up from school and bring me home (my car is down for repairs), anyway she was singing a gospel song and I asked her was she in a choir. She said yes and we began to talk. When she pulled in my driveway, the Lord gave me a word for her. It was so powerful. She just cried and cried. I was so blessed, just as blessed as she was if not more.
It reminded me of how much I can touch a life just being obedient and opening myself up to being used of God. I was reminded to get ME out of the way and let God speak through. It was awesome for me.
This is day two and it is well within my soul.:prayer:

Upvote 0

BattleAxe

Excited To Know Jesus
Aug 30, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:groupray:

What a blessing...Blessed...

I missed a day posting but wanted to post a quick update. The word of God has been so powerful this week within my soul. My spirit has been so fed. It is so difficult to find the words to explain how that WORD just comes and cut through every thought, every situation, every circumstance.
I just radiates within me. I suddenly felt like I had been starved and God has been feeding me. I give Him praise and adoration and bless His name. I bless Him. I thank Him, I reverance Him, I love Him, I adore Him, I humble myself before Him, I draw nearer to the cross where He bore my sins and iniquity, I worship at His feet, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, I will not be ashamed, I will stand firm to the conviction He put in my heart and I thank Him.

I know I said a quick posting...I'm trying to make it quick...

I was blessed to see myself in someone else. I was blessed to see them healed and set free. I was blessed to see them reach out to Jesus like Mary Madeline and I was blessed to see God touch her. I praise Jesus for letting me witness the salvation of the Lord.
I lay every weight, every concern, every burden, every stronghold at the feet of Jesus. As my brother Jacob declared so many centuries ago, I say "I am going to hang on to you Lord until you bless me". I know my Redeemer lives, He is not dead, He is not sleeping, He is not distracted. His eyes are on the sparrow and I know He watches over me!! Amen, Amen.

Now Lord let me echo the words of King David when he said "Lord, don't take your spirit from me. But increase it in me that I might not sin against you again." Amen, I thank you Lord. I thank you Jesus. I lift your name on high.

Upvote 0

BattleAxe

Excited To Know Jesus
Aug 30, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Day 8

Thank you Jesus for everything you are doing in my life and the revelation you pour out daily. I give you so much praise.

I promise to post later (finals week in school) but thank you simply_basics and NoMoreTearsWithJesus for your encouragement and blessings. Its alright for you to post here. It blesses me too.

I knew good things would come out of the fast and I understand not showing out for man to see when you fast...but I wanted to be a testamony on this board and share a little of what the Lord shows me with everyone.

I've felt so blessed the past few days. I had been trying to sell my car and catch up some bills and God opened the door for me yesterday and I got it sold...Amen

I just feel good within my soul. I will write more later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AllTalkNoAction

Potentially Wonderful
Aug 7, 2005
Near London, England
Visit site
✟19,423.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Battle - my experience of fasting is that it is fast-tracking a situation from being a problem to being a blessing. The time to stop is when you know what God thinks of it and you accept nothing less.
I'm mystified as to how come you already know that your fast will be 40 days ?

It's meant to be about getting God's works, not a work that we do. I'm not saying that's what it is for you, and my experience of fasting may well be less than yours, but I'm interested to know *why* you are fasting ?

Upvote 0

jesusfreak4aust

Oct 2, 2005
melbourne
✟379.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
^ i agree that the way u've stated is 'a' way to fast, however i dont believe it's the only way at all.. i believe part of fasting is showing God how desperate u are for Him, and wat ur willing to do to be completely overcome by His presence.. Jesus fasted for 40 days in the desert, and i know alot of people, including my mum, who has done the 40 day fast in faithfulness to God.. a friend of mine also did a 40 day fast followed soon after by a 41 day fast, just to prove that 'greater things shall we do'.. yea so i agree that if ur fasting for a solution to a situation, then yea, i spose u'd stop wen the solution is provided, but i think many people fast just to come closer to God, and to show Him our deep love and adoration for Him.. most of the fasts i've done were just to grow closer to Him, including this 7 day fast im beginning tomoro.. so yea.. :p

Upvote 0

Trigger

Jun 8, 2006
✟7,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was young and started reading the Bible and actually listening to sermons for the first time, some verses would really leap out at me, and I made them part of my personality. One of them was "The Lord rewards what you do in secret".

For this reason I support partial fast. There is no way I can escape eating dinner in the evening (which my mother prepares), so there is no way I can get away with not eating it for a week without her noticing. Jesus was very clear about how to act during fasts. If I was in my own house and not held accountable for when I ate, it would be different, but my mother does not know how much I have tithed nor if I have ever fasted, and I plan to keep it that way as long as I have the power to do so.

However, sometimes it's just unhealthy to go for more than 24 hours without a meal. Especially if you do not exercise regularly and things like that. For this reason too I support partial fasting, because if your body isn't in a state that you can handle going without food for that long, you're just causing wanton damage and making yourself feel horrible, which inhibits you from focusing fully on Christ.

The point of fasting is to be in unbroken faithful prayer all day. If unbroken fasting causes your body to distract you from this, you should limit yourself to partial fasting.

I do have a question of my own, though; what exactly is and is not considered food? Milkshakes, smoothies, fruit drinks-- are these food? What about vitamin suppliments? I know you can't possibly go without drink for so long, nor should you, but is there any limit to what drinks are permissible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Trigger said:
When I was young and started reading the Bible and actually listening to sermons for the first time, some verses would really leap out at me, and I made them part of my personality. One of them was "The Lord rewards what you do in secret".

For this reason I support partial fast. There is no way I can escape eating dinner in the evening (which my mother prepares), so there is no way I can get away with not eating it for a week without her noticing. Jesus was very clear about how to act during fasts. If I was in my own house and not held accountable for when I ate, it would be different, but my mother does not know how much I have tithed nor if I have ever fasted, and I plan to keep it that way as long as I have the power to do so.

However, sometimes it's just unhealthy to go for more than 24 hours without a meal. Especially if you do not exercise regularly and things like that. For this reason too I support partial fasting, because if your body isn't in a state that you can handle going without food for that long, you're just causing wanton damage and making yourself feel horrible, which inhibits you from focusing fully on Christ.

The point of fasting is to be in unbroken faithful prayer all day. If unbroken fasting causes your body to distract you from this, you should limit yourself to partial fasting.

I do have a question of my own, though; what exactly is and is not considered food? Milkshakes, smoothies, fruit drinks-- are these food? What about vitamin suppliments? I know you can't possibly go without drink for so long, nor should you, but is there any limit to what drinks are permissible?
I took up fasting often, having been in a situation where I thought it was necessary. Eventually I would come to the conclusion that my fasting was worrying others, and so for it to not be seen I would do partial fasts too..
One time I felt bad, for I ate a sandwhich when my intention had been to fast all day. Yet I continued to pray, and in God's grace He answered that prayer.. :)

Upvote 0

Child of JC

Created to Love, and be Loved
Dec 31, 2004
Northern Ontario
Visit site
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires, but those who live in according with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. THe mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostal to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. Romans 8:5-8 NIV

This scripture gave me alot of encouragment during my last 40 day fast. My heart was screaming "Lord I want to follow you at all costs!" Keep following the Spirit of God, He's a great leader isn't He?!

Upvote 0

samsonknight

Jan 5, 2006
England, Kent, Biggin Hill!
✟2,197.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i feel like crying hearing about these fasts. praise you god.

i beg you also that when to say a 40 day fast is to say whether or not you went without food or water? please wiould you say wheter you drank anything but water?

only the soul purpose as to this apsulutly GLORIFIED reason. YOU cannot PHYSICALLY handle and your body CANNOT handle this. your body SCIENTIFCALLY cannot handle fasting without any food and only water without vitiminds, without glocouse, without fat and so on.

but... we hear about people who don't eat for 40 days... in china a man fasted without FOOD OOOOOR WATER for over about 78 days!

ofcourse this is impossible! but obviously through christ this can be possible. so i want to hear whether people do fast without food!

god bless! p.s: i have some questions about fasting... (see my thread)

Upvote 0
samsonknight said:
but... we hear about people who don't eat for 40 days... in china a man fasted without FOOD OOOOOR WATER for over about 78 days!

For most people, after a little experience, it's very safe to go on a water-only fast up to a couple of weeks, and be healther at the end than when they started! With supervision, most people could do a 40-day fast, and quickly recover. But, don't fast without water. No one has gone without water for 78 days. You'd die after several days (under ideal circumstances, you could last a week). Even if you don't die, going without water is very unhealthy.

Upvote 0