4-year old girl dies in brutal exorcism ritual in Missouri. Parents, neighbors charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. - Luke 17:1-2

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So, the crux of your point is "how do any of us know we aren't possessed tools of Satan"?
Maybe some kind of nmri scan? Maybe anyone with the wrong kind of scan could get out in jail until they get the right kind of scan?

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don’t get me wrong: I know what demons as supernatural entities that can hijack human nervous systems are purported to be.

Yes, because they are spiritual beings and we are physical/biological beings. It is not difficult to connect the dots.

So, the crux of your point is "how do any of us know we aren't possessed tools of Satan"?

I did not say that specifically. Fallen angels are masters of deception. They understood how humans worked long before[1][3][4] human psychology was even a recognized field of study.[2]
  1. Genesis 3
  2. Brief History of Psychology
  3. https://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/150485/jewish/Adam-Eve.htm
  4. https://www.chabad.org/holidays/JewishNewYear/template_cdo/aid/4764/jewish/The-Man-In-Man.htm

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
While I have to disagree that demons as spiritual entities that can hijack people’s nervous systems exist I certainly agree that these people are evil.

If only their Christian beliefs had inhibited rather than facilitated their actions.

These are Christians in name only. They obviously never read the bible and/or understand what little they did read. This has nothing to do with Christianity. They are evil, pure and simple, if anything, they are the ones possessed!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yes, because they are spiritual beings and we are physical/biological beings. It is not difficult to connect the dots.
It is because claiming the existence of demons is not the same as demonstrating the existence of demons.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think it's great that we live in a world where people can deny the existence of demons, it means they aren't running amuck. Someone in one time period must have done their job well.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who was the actual exorcist in this? Or did they just do it themselves?

As I understand it, the neighbors were the exorcists, or at least definitely the lead exorcists. The parents (and one sibling) also submitted to some amount of beating.

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
These are Christians in name only. They obviously never read the bible and/or understand what little they did read. This has nothing to do with Christianity. They are evil, pure and simple, if anything, they are the ones possessed!
If they were on this website you would not be able to claim that.

Unless you are saying that you cannot divine an actual Christian from a CINO by their self identification and behaviour as a Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think it's great that we live in a world where people can deny the existence of demons, it means they aren't running amuck. Someone in one time period must have done their job well.
Or we can blame people for their own wicked behaviour. Claiming ‘the devil was in the house’ is just a way for a Christian to avoid taking responsibility for their actions.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Or we can blame people for their own wicked behaviour. Claiming ‘the devil was in the house’ is just a way for a Christian to avoid taking responsibility for their actions.
I tend to look for the most obvious causes first.

There's no guarantee that there was a demon at all.

Humans can be much more scary.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If they were on this website you would not be able to claim that.

Unless you are saying that you cannot divine an actual Christian from a CINO by their self identification and behaviour as a Christian.

Why would I not be able to say that? No Christian does something like that. f you have something you want to say---say it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why would I not be able to say that? No Christian does something like that. f you have something you want to say---say it.
Actually if they were on this site and self identified as Christians, it would be flaming if anyone said that they were not.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Actually if they were on this site and self identified as Christians, it would be flaming if anyone said that they were not.

Then they would have to ban me, for I would say it---LOUDLY AND CLEARLY!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Because saying someone is not Christian when they identify as Christian is against forum rules.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Then they would have to ban me, for I would say it---LOUDLY AND CLEARLY!!
And no one would blame you. But my point is claiming that a real Christian would not act in the way they did is the ‘no true Scotsman logical fallacy’.

A: them fellas did that murder.

B: they were obviously not Scotsmen

A: they were in fact Scotsmen

B: not TRUE Scotsmen!

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is because claiming the existence of demons is not the same as demonstrating the existence of demons.

The thing about science too is that it has a tendency to produce quotes like, "Hey, you know that scientific concept we told you was fact for the last fifty years? Turns out, it was WRONG!"[1][2][3]

We are also relying on fallible human beings to provide us scientific data.[4][5][6]

A couple more questions to ask ourselves:

Why would fallen angels want to leave witnesses so carelessly? Wouldn't that make it easier for us to defend ourselves against them, knowing they exist?

After all, despite the flaws of science, it did give humans the ability to create better, more powerful weapons against each other.[7][8][9][10][11]
  1. https://dc.cod.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1657&context=essai
  2. Early Infantile Autism and the Refrigerator Mother Theory (1943-1970) | The Embryo Project Encyclopedia
  3. The Slow Death of Spontaneous Generation (1668-1859)
  4. Sugary Drinks
  5. The MMR vaccine and autism: Sensation, refutation, retraction, and fraud
  6. List of scientific misconduct incidents - Wikipedia
  7. military technology | Definition, History, Advances, & Weapons
  8. Timeline: Weapons technology
  9. Scientists and the history of biological weapons: A brief historical overview of the development of biological weapons in the twentieth century
  10. History of nuclear weapons
  11. A Brief History of Chemical War
On December 30, 2020, at roughly 8:00 PM, I changed some of the wording in this post to prevent further confusion. My apologies, I am still learning because I am a fallible human being.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why would fallen angels want to leave witnesses so carelessly? Wouldn't that make it easier for us to defend ourselves against them, knowing they exist?

After all, despite the flaws of science, it did give humans the ability to create better, more powerful weapons against our enemies.[7][8][9][10][11]

Fallen angels can now be killed with biological and nuclear weapons ? Can you quote scripture on that ? Thx.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.