noahswife

Mar 24, 2007
✟7,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear NW,

Harassment is a strong accusation. How are simple questions for clarification and information purposes harassment?

If you really believe that why don't you report the post so it can be investigated.

Peach45 (I would say My Dear Peach45 but I would not want to be seen as harassing you despite your own salutation),

Do you have a dictionary handy? I would suggest you also look up the word harassment. I chose my words carefully.

While you are at it, you might help Steffan understand the difference between the meaning of the words discrepancy and lie. I believe the Judge chose her words carefully as well and did not mean for Steffan to spin them.

Peach45, do you have an opinion in response to the questions asked by Observer in my earlier post? I am certain you must have read it. You know, the one where Observer raises some legal liability issues. I am certain you have commented here about the counseling received by Linda from her Pastor and how valuable it would have been to her considering his documented experience.

As for reporting things, not my style although I know it is that of other posters. However, I did make an exception to that this week and I did notice the thread seems considerably shorter.
Silence at times is sweet.

CYA in the arcade :wave:

Upvote 0

Strongcuppajoe

Aug 29, 2005
Chattanooga
✟225.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you feel the love tonight.......OK then Pickle if you have all of this evidence then why not take it to the mainstream media? I am sure Fox News or the very liberal CNN would love to get something like this... I just cannot believe the slamming and bashing we have going on in ONE 1 thread.. over 900 replies and not one positive thing except for a well wishing for a Happy Sabbath...... wow as sad as it is amazing..... Funny how when the wife and I left the Baptist Church it was for the same garbage I guess SDA is no better huh. Although I wonder how many posters in this thread are truly SDA or just claimed it to get in on the fun.....

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Just for the record , I have never sought after DClem except to ask his age one time from our first interchange to the present. I have responded to him when he addresses or comes after me. I have tried to stay as civil as possible to the man and I will continue to do that. Omisssion of pertinent facts is serious and compromises one's credibility in discussions like these. If you don't have honesty here you have nothing. Anyway, It seems Noah'swife has an axe to grind for what I have said in my past posts. Each of us has an opinion I guess.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you feel the love tonight.......OK then Pickle if you have all of this evidence then why not take it to the mainstream media? I am sure Fox News or the very liberal CNN would love to get something like this... I just cannot believe the slamming and bashing we have going on in ONE 1 thread.. over 900 replies and not one positive thing except for a well wishing for a Happy Sabbath...... wow as sad as it is amazing..... Funny how when the wife and I left the Baptist Church it was for the same garbage I guess SDA is no better huh. Although I wonder how many posters in this thread are truly SDA or just claimed it to get in on the fun.....
Do you suppose it has less to do with the brand of the denomination and more to do with human nature?

Since this is a thread discussing the 3abn situation, it is not a surprise that emotions have been running high. I have seen some positive posts, though. There is always hope.

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
will this thread split at 1000 posts.

you know this will be a first for this fourm. this thread has broken a number of records. most post, most views, most replies. it really packs them in.
Does that mean we're the most opinionated group on CF? :rofl:

Upvote 0

Strongcuppajoe

Aug 29, 2005
Chattanooga
✟225.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just for the record , I have never sought after DClem except to ask his age one time from our first interchange to the present. I have responded to him when he addresses or comes after me. I have tried to stay as civil as possible to the man and I will continue to do that. Omisssion of pertinent facts is serious and compromises one's credibility in discussions like these. If you don't have honesty here you have nothing. Anyway, It seems Noah'swife has an axe to grind for what I have said in my past posts. Each of us has an opinion I guess.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

No not attacking you it is just amazing how people come from far and wide when they smell some blood. Most of these names have not been seen in here until THIS thread with so many people claiming to have the knowledge of what is really going on then why have these mighty people not been able to shut 3ABN down?? It makes me wonder if some are presenting valid points or if they just LOVE to come and stir the pot.

Upvote 0

Strongcuppajoe

Aug 29, 2005
Chattanooga
✟225.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you suppose it has less to do with the brand of the denomination and more to do with human nature?

Since this is a thread discussing the 3abn situation, it is not a surprise that emotions have been running high. I have seen some positive posts, though. There is always hope.

I think this really sums it up human nature and yeppers there have been some (not too many) but some positive replies I understand emotions running amok they do with me on a regular basis. this though has turned into a shark tank I think.

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟7,777.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Heelllloooo...

Danny and 3ABN asked for ASI to handle the questions and arguments and concernes regarding Linda and Danny's divorce and his remarriage, and ASI agreed.

The discussion of terms were supposed to be about how to fairly do so,and what acould be brought into that discussion and how to do so, it was NOT supposed to be about about bringing in other topics and agendas.

Beginning of letter of explanation (jan '07) from ASI:

"Answering the request of 3ABN's Board of Directors , ASI agreed to explore the possibility of forming a commission "to evaluate and determine Danny's legal and moral right to divorce and to re-marry". ASI's Executive Committee spent a considerable amount of effort from late September 2006 until early 2007 exploring that assignment. ASI's Executive Committee met January 4 to review progress on establishing a commission. After a full discussion the Committee voted unanimously to withdraw from the process they had agreed to consider..."

First letters to Linda:.
-------- Original Message --------
To: Linda Shelton
Subject: Restoration
Date: Sun, November 12, 2006 10:48:33 -0800 (PST)

Dear Linda,
The 3ABN board voted to ask ASI to be a liaison between you and Danny and 3ABN to hear all the facts and expectations and prayerfully make a recommendation. ... It can be none other than a directive from God himself. An ASI committee was selected to come up with a plan, headed by Harold Lance. It is to be submitted to all parties by someone other than the committee. If all parties are agreeable, they will go forward. If not, they will drop it.
God bless you and please contact me soon - by email or phone as Harold Lance has to report to the ASI Executive Board next week.
With God as our Guide, GW

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-smokescreen-scheme-october-31-2006.htm

From: GWTo: Linda SheltonSubject: RestorationDate: Sun, November 12, 2006 11:48 am
Dear Linda,
I don't know where to start. I just lost me email to you that I spent hours writing and praying over and rewriting before sending. It was about God's intervention in bringing about a restoration of the breach between you and 3ABN. There was no reason for it to be lost. I was just retrieving the attachment.

The 3ABN board voted to ask ASI to be a liaison between you and Danny and 3ABN to hear all the facts and expectations and prayerfully make a recommendation. That I would be asked to be the contact person to present the plan to you touches my heart. It can be none other than a directive from God himself. An ASI committee was selected to come up with a plan, headed by Harold Lance. It is to be submitted to all parties by someone other than the committee. If all parties are agreeable, they will go forward. If not, they will drop it.

Linda, I pray that you will go forward with the plan - well, the amended plan as I have requested (written in italics), anyway. (I know it is a scarey thought) ...
God bless you and please contact me soon - by email or phone as Harold Lance has to report to the ASI Executive Board next week.
With God as our Guide, GW

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Read this first
Date: Tue, November 14, 2006 1:12 pm

Linda,
Well, I just spoke with Harold Lance. Too bad I didn't talk to him yesterday after receiving your message. I could have saved you some disappointment, as well as myself. I'm so sorry.

He asked me to thank you for responding to me and stating who you would like for your representative. He would like to talk with you personally, if you will. He wants you to know that he is eager to work something out.
His home home phone is (***) ***-**** cell (***) ***-**** email hlance@pacific.net

Pickle Joy and Matthews were operating under a false premis and many false assumptions from the beginning, that's why the e-mails they write are so ridiculous as are their arguments.

And, again I ask, Why did Linda have to have representatives to speak for her? Danny was in direct communication with Mr. Lance. He didn' have representatives. If the committee would have continued I am quite sure DS would have shown up and answered questions in his own behalf? Would she? Doesn't seem like it since she "APPOINTED" representatives.

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think this really sums it up human nature and yeppers there have been some (not too many) but some positive replies I understand emotions running amok they do with me on a regular basis. this though has turned into a shark tank I think.
I hope it has not truly turned into a shark tank. I believe that there are honest folk on both sides of the issue here who have 3abn's best interests at heart.

Christians can disagree on some things but we always need to keep looking at each other through Jesus' eyes. That should keep it all in perspective, IMO.

You are a young father; I am an old grandmother; you are a republican; I am a bleeding heart liberal; you've been a member here on CF since August 2005; I've been a member here for a few days. But amid all of our "differences" we are both sinners saved by grace and that is the great equalizer.

Just you wait, SCJ. When you get to be 56 I'll bet you'll be almost as sappy as me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Peach,
I don't claim to be the brightest bulb on the tree, but I have read the emails and, as far as I can remember, one of Linda's reps made the initial contact with ASI to start the ball rolling.

If I am wrong, please show me the documentation that shows otherwise.

P,

Did you read the quotes I added to the post above, and see what Harold Lance wrote, that they agreed to try and work at all this at the 3ABN board of directors invitation to?

Did you say the letters to Linda, and the dates?

This letter is from the same person to Linda about the first contact with her representative ( he later brings matthews and pickle in):

Subject: Are you interested?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:14:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello Linda,

... But I'm thinking now it might have been wiser for them to find someone who knows you personally and could talk to you face to face. And yet, if it was God's will, how could it be better to be someone else??? I would even be willing to meet with you face to face, but I have no way to contact you but by email. If you are willing to meet with me, please let me know and we can make definite arrangements. If you don't wish to respond to me, Harold said they will go ahead and find someone else as a contact person before giving up. ... I have no doubt that God's plan is through ASI - not through any tribunal hearing.

Mr. Joy contacted me today. Did he do this on his own, or was this your direction? If you are not interested in pursuing reconciliation through ASI, then no action is needed on your part. They will not deal with anyone except the individual parties and then a representative of their choice who has no stake in the outcome and who meets other criteria (which Mr. Joy does not).

I talked with Mr. Joy for about 20 minutes .... When I first started talking to him, he sounded pretty angry and seemed to feel that I should know who he was. Until he mentioned your name, I did not know why he was calling me or what he was talking about. ... He tried to convince me that it was because of his pressure on people that things are happening. ... And he told me that he attacked people at the General Conference. ... In short, Mr. Joy does not have the spirit of Jesus in his heart. Instead, he has venom, hatefulness and revenge.
You know, Linda, I thought my phone disconnection while I was talking to him was because of malfunction, tho the phone worked just fine afterwards. But now as I'm thinking about what I was saying when the disconnection happened, I believe he hung up on me (which is fine with me). ...
Please call me on my cell phone tomorrow (***) ***-****. ...
Lovingly, GW

By the way, the deleted parts are thanx to the save3abn website, not me.

Upvote 0

tomatoe

Apr 2, 2007
✟7,777.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I agree on several points. This internet bashing has put shame on the SDA denomination. Even though there are many in the church that are sickened by it, you have your little groups that enjoy nothing better than assisinating the characters of people in certain positions. Someone replied to you that this was human nature. I thought we were supposed to try our best to smother our human nature tendencies and let the nature of Christ be the goal we strive for.
Doing this has joined us with the world and shown them at times, that the morals and ethics of christians are no different than the world's. Believe me, everything that could be done, has been done to discourage our own people from handling these allegations in this manner, but they have turned a deaf ear. They have maligned, slandered, gossiped, made judgements on assumptions, ridiculed and made themselves judge and jury. It sickens me while at the same time, I feel I must oppose the wrongs for those that "really" are looking for truth.
No matter the rhetoric that has been passed around as a means to justify these actions ie...sin in the camp, protecting others, 3abn leadership is putting a bad name on the church.....there is no justification for what has been done. Those that are so sure that they "are in the know" will be very surprised when allegation after allegation against 3abn will be proved false. The motives that drive these people range from jealousy to trying to make a name for themselves and everything in between.
Regardless of motive the actions taken go directly against the advice that EGW gives about keeping troubles within the church and never taking them to the outside world. This has been done in the most blatant and shameful way. Are these people enjoying what they are doing? Of course. Just look at the tabloid type, sensational headlines on one of these sites.
No matter how much certain people claim that the church supports what they are doing, that is false. I am sure there are a few, there always is, but the vast majority of the conference workers and the church members are ashamed and embarrased that any of these allegations have been shown to the world, regardless if they were true or false.
No amount of spinning, justifying and scripture manipulation can undo the damage that has been done to the SDA name by making these allegations public.
I for one am ashamed of our own people.

Upvote 0

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Peach45 (I would say My Dear Peach45 but I would not want to be seen as harassing you despite your own salutation),

Do you have a dictionary handy? I would suggest you also look up the word harassment. I chose my words carefully.

While you are at it, you might help Steffan understand the difference between the meaning of the words discrepancy and lie. I believe the Judge chose her words carefully as well and did not mean for Steffan to spin them.

Peach45, do you have an opinion in response to the questions asked by Observer in my earlier post? I am certain you must have read it. You know, the one where Observer raises some legal liability issues. I am certain you have commented here about the counseling received by Linda from her Pastor and how valuable it would have been to her considering his documented experience.

As for reporting things, not my style although I know it is that of other posters. However, I did make an exception to that this week and I did notice the thread seems considerably shorter.
Silence at times is sweet.

CYA in the arcade :wave:
You apparently have some issues. I'm sorry, for that and also that I don't understand where you are coming from or what your point is.

Legal liability? are you planning on suing someone?

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
No not attacking you it is just amazing how people come from far and wide when they smell some blood. Most of these names have not been seen in here until THIS thread with so many people claiming to have the knowledge of what is really going on then why have these mighty people not been able to shut 3ABN down?? It makes me wonder if some are presenting valid points or if they just LOVE to come and stir the pot.

A lot of what you are seeing is a big fight that was started over on the black SDA forum and is now brought over here. I have said essentially the same thing you have more than once about this whole mess is like stirring a pot of "you know what". I have also asked many times for those posting here to try to resolve this in another way besides this modality. I hate seeing our denomination jaded as it has been by this.

What I truely believe is we have several things working here. The main one is the satanic evil influence to put 3ABN out of business and thats because of what 3ABN does in the world. In addition to that we also have what I call the soap opera syndrome working where folks just love to get involved and dig into other folks private lives. Look at the saga with poor Anna Nicole Smith and the way the media has covered that and drug that out to infinite. Polls were run to see the viewers on that fiasco and it was very apparent folks loved to follow along with that mess as well and continue as we speak now.

I also feel there may be personal motives involved by some of the main players working against Danny. I certainly agree that the Lord has not been glorified in all of this mess and that is bad.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
P,

Did you read the quotes I added to the post above, and see what Harold Lance wrote, that they agreed to try and work at all this at the 3ABN board of directors invitation to?

Did you say the letters to Linda, and the dates?

This letter is from the same person to Linda about the first contact with her representative ( he later brings matthews and pickle in):

Subject: Are you interested?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:14:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello Linda,

... But I'm thinking now it might have been wiser for them to find someone who knows you personally and could talk to you face to face. And yet, if it was God's will, how could it be better to be someone else??? I would even be willing to meet with you face to face, but I have no way to contact you but by email. If you are willing to meet with me, please let me know and we can make definite arrangements. If you don't wish to respond to me, Harold said they will go ahead and find someone else as a contact person before giving up. ... I have no doubt that God's plan is through ASI - not through any tribunal hearing.

Mr. Joy contacted me today. Did he do this on his own, or was this your direction? If you are not interested in pursuing reconciliation through ASI, then no action is needed on your part. They will not deal with anyone except the individual parties and then a representative of their choice who has no stake in the outcome and who meets other criteria (which Mr. Joy does not).

I talked with Mr. Joy for about 20 minutes .... When I first started talking to him, he sounded pretty angry and seemed to feel that I should know who he was. Until he mentioned your name, I did not know why he was calling me or what he was talking about. ... He tried to convince me that it was because of his pressure on people that things are happening. ... And he told me that he attacked people at the General Conference. ... In short, Mr. Joy does not have the spirit of Jesus in his heart. Instead, he has venom, hatefulness and revenge.
You know, Linda, I thought my phone disconnection while I was talking to him was because of malfunction, tho the phone worked just fine afterwards. But now as I'm thinking about what I was saying when the disconnection happened, I believe he hung up on me (which is fine with me). ...
Please call me on my cell phone tomorrow (***) ***-****. ...
Lovingly, GW

By the way, the deleted parts are thanx to the save3abn website, not me.

Peach,
Yes, I saw the quotes you added when tomatoe posted. However, I was basing my post on the following emails from save3abn.
http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-smokescreen-scheme-step-four.htm

From: G. Arthur JoySubject: RE: MAPDate: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:10:44 +0000
I spent nearly two hours with [the high-ranking church leader] today and he has agreed to work to develop a mixed forum to review all the evidence. This process is very preliminary, however, it is yet another step in the right direction. I continue to pray and trust that the Lord will open the way for the Board at 3ABN to see the light and implement appropriate reforms before we reach a point of no return.
I have this gut-wrenching feeling that the process could be the most divisive the Church has dealt with since John Harvey Kellogg. The difficulty here is that Danny purports to represent a theology that is clearly conservative, while living as though he bought into the theology of Ford, et al.
There is some comfort in the numbers I recently received that seemed to indicate that they have a rock solid support base of approximately 5000 that give systematically and monthly and about another 100,000 +/- that contribute annually, primarily project based giving. However, I keep receiving information that not only the 100k are cracking, but a significant number of the 5000 are beginning to wonder and turn their backs. Several regular campmeeting goers have indicated they are not going this fall. Although the curiosity factor could result in a lot of new attendance.
I will transcribe my notes and try to finish interviews with another three that I never have had time to get back to.
Gailon A Joy

From: Walt ThompsonTo: G. Arthur JoySubject: Re: Still More 3ABN InfoDate: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:35:11 -0500
Dear Gailon,
I received a call from [the church leader] this AM and he told me about his conversation with you. He said that you would be willing to speak with us further. I am sorry that we have not spoken previously. As I have gone back and looked at our last e mails I note that you offered to receive a phone call from me. Either I overlooked that comment or forgot about it. I don't find a phone number by which to reach you. My cell phone number is *** *** ****. I would appreciate a call.
Thanks,
Walt Thompson MD
-----------------------
These emails indicate to me that Gailon was most likely responsible for getting the ASI hearing rolling.

Of course, that is my opinion at this point.

BTW, on a slightly light-hearted Friday afternoon note, regarding your butter won't melt remark - I am a practicing vegan so I use Soy Margarine.:wave:

Upvote 0

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
quoting tomatoe:
I agree on several points. This internet bashing has put shame on the SDA denomination. Even though there are many in the church that are sickened by it, you have your little groups that enjoy nothing better than assasinating the characters of people in certain positions. Someone replied to you that this was human nature. I thought we were supposed to try our best to smother our human nature tendencies and let the nature of Christ be the goal we strive for.

Doing this has joined us with the world and shown them at times, that the morals and ethics of christians are no different than the world's. Believe me, everything that could be done, has been done to discourage our own people from handling these allegations in this manner, but they have turned a deaf ear. They have maligned, slandered, gossiped, made judgements on assumptions, ridiculed and made themselves judge and jury. It sickens me while at the same time, I feel I must oppose the wrongs for those that "really" are looking for truth.

No matter the rhetoric that has been passed around as a means to justify these actions ie...sin in the camp, protecting others, 3abn leadership is putting a bad name on the church.....there is no justification for what has been done. Those that are so sure that they "are in the know" will be very surprised when allegation after allegation against 3abn will be proved false. The motives that drive these people range from jealousy to trying to make a name for themselves and everything in between.

Regardless of motive the actions taken go directly against the advice that EGW gives about keeping troubles within the church and never taking them to the outside world. This has been done in the most blatant and shameful way. Are these people enjoying what they are doing? Of course. Just look at the tabloid type, sensational headlines on one of these sites.

No matter how much certain people claim that the church supports what they are doing, that is false. I am sure there are a few, there always is, but the vast majority of the conference workers and the church members are ashamed and embarrased that any of these allegations have been shown to the world, regardless if they were true or false.

No amount of spinning, justifying and scripture manipulation can undo the damage that has been done to the SDA name by making these allegations public.
I for one am ashamed of our own people
-------

:amen:

Upvote 0

PeacefulSDA

Apr 9, 2007
✟7,739.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A lot of what you are seeing is a big fight that was started over on the black SDA forum and is now brought over here. I have said essentially the same thing you have more than once about this whole mess is like stirring a pot of "you know what". I have also asked many times for those posting here to try to resolve this in another way besides this modality. I hate seeing our denomination jaded as it has been by this.

What I truely believe is we have several things working here. The main one is the satanic evil influence to put 3ABN out of business and thats because of what 3ABN does in the world. In addition to that we also have what I call the soap opera syndrome working where folks just love to get involved and dig into other folks private lives. Look at the saga with poor Anna Nicole Smith and the way the media has covered that and drug that out to infinite. Polls were run to see the viewers on that fiasco and it was very apparent folks loved to follow along with that mess as well and continue as we speak now.

I also feel there may be personal motives involved by some of the main players working against Danny. I certainly agree that the Lord has not been glorified in all of this mess and that is bad.

God Bless
Jim Larmore
Jim,
Don't forget that Satan can work from the inside of 3abn to destroy it as well. I, personally, want to see 3abn continue its ministry to take the Gospel to the world. I don't want to see it destroyed. However, if what has been uncovered by this investigation is true, reforms need to be made.

Scripture and Ellen G. White have made it abundantly clear that if we don't expose sin we are guilty of it. Of course, I also believe that this should be done in a careful, Christian manner and sometimes that standard has been tossed aside.

What will ruin the reputation of our denomination more quickly than anything is for people at large to find out that sin and injustice were swept under the rug to protect the reputations of those deemed more important than victims.

Upvote 0

Peach45

Apr 6, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Peach,
Yes, I saw the quotes you added when tomatoe posted. However, I was basing my post on the following emails from save3abn.
http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-smokescreen-scheme-step-four.htm

From: G. Arthur JoySubject: RE: MAPDate: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:10:44 +0000
I spent nearly two hours with [the high-ranking church leader] today and he has agreed to work to develop a mixed forum to review all the evidence. This process is very preliminary, however, it is yet another step in the right direction. I continue to pray and trust that the Lord will open the way for the Board at 3ABN to see the light and implement appropriate reforms before we reach a point of no return.
I have this gut-wrenching feeling that the process could be the most divisive the Church has dealt with since John Harvey Kellogg. The difficulty here is that Danny purports to represent a theology that is clearly conservative, while living as though he bought into the theology of Ford, et al.
There is some comfort in the numbers I recently received that seemed to indicate that they have a rock solid support base of approximately 5000 that give systematically and monthly and about another 100,000 +/- that contribute annually, primarily project based giving. However, I keep receiving information that not only the 100k are cracking, but a significant number of the 5000 are beginning to wonder and turn their backs. Several regular campmeeting goers have indicated they are not going this fall. Although the curiosity factor could result in a lot of new attendance.
I will transcribe my notes and try to finish interviews with another three that I never have had time to get back to.
Gailon A Joy

From: Walt ThompsonTo: G. Arthur JoySubject: Re: Still More 3ABN InfoDate: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:35:11 -0500
Dear Gailon,
I received a call from [the church leader] this AM and he told me about his conversation with you. He said that you would be willing to speak with us further. I am sorry that we have not spoken previously. As I have gone back and looked at our last e mails I note that you offered to receive a phone call from me. Either I overlooked that comment or forgot about it. I don't find a phone number by which to reach you. My cell phone number is *** *** ****. I would appreciate a call.
Thanks,
Walt Thompson MD
-----------------------
These emails indicate to me that Gailon was most likely responsible for getting the ASI hearing rolling.

Of course, that is my opinion at this point.

BTW, on a slightly light-hearted Friday afternoon note, regarding your butter won't melt remark - I am a practicing vegan so I use Soy Margarine.:wave:

o kay..

That seems like a huge leap as ASI openly says they did NOT know who he was or what he had to do with Linda when he contacted them--> AFTER they had contacted Linda.

A high ranking official doesn't equal ASI, P.

Nor does talking to WT, equal getting the ball rolling with ASI.

But as you say, it is your opinion, and unsupported as I believe it is, you are entitled to dig your feet in and stickwith it.

If you decide to, good luck with your stand.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
Jim,
Don't forget that Satan can work from the inside of 3abn to destroy it as well. I, personally, want to see 3abn continue its ministry to take the Gospel to the world. I don't want to see it destroyed. However, if what has been uncovered by this investigation is true, reforms need to be made.

Look at the fruits of those involved and listen to your heart. Pray about it and see where the Lord leads you. I have said many times if Danny is wrong in this the Lord will take care of it.
Scripture and Ellen G. White have made it abundantly clear that if we don't expose sin we are guilty of it. Of course, I also believe that this should be done in a careful, Christian manner and sometimes that standard has been tossed aside.

I can't see the way this has all went down as being the will of the Lord. This all looks and smells like the work of evil not good. I have personally spoken to one of the main players in this controversy and he was less than Christian to me personally, i.e. called me a bold faced liar many times. I have found on more than one occasion where folks on the attack 3ABN side have either misrepresented the truth or omitted vital information to make those reading think something that wasn't true.

What will ruin the reputation of our denomination more quickly than anything is for people at large to find out that sin and injustice were swept under the rug to protect the reputations of those deemed more important than victims.

I don't know of anyone who is supportive of sweeping anything under the rug. We do feel there is a proper way of handling all of this and this forum IS NOT IT . This entire thread with very few exceptions is nothing more than gossip and hear-say designed to slander or impune Danny Shelton and take out 3ABN.

We need to pray for 3ABN tonite at our Sabbath devotionals. As the Lord brings us these holy hours we should all pray for the Lord to shine upon our hearts and bring a quick resolution to this mess. I have received a still small voice message from the Lord last weekend and I know He will take care of all of this soon.

God Bless everyone and have a happy Sabbath,

Jim Larmore

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.