Do you believe the KJV is the one and only perfect and divine Word of God?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It can affect salvation in the fact that a person may no longer believe the gospel anymore because God's Word can no longer be trusted because it has errors or mistakes in it.

Only if you are of the opinion that the Bible HAS to be perfect with no mistakes in it.
And you'd be stuck, because the KJV isn't.

But salvation is dependant upon Jesus, not in the Bible being perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
full

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This thread topic is not primarily dealing with resolving Bible difficulties in the KJV.
I resolved supposed contradictions in the KJV in another thread (Which is the intended purpose of that thread). You can create another thread if you like. The purpose of this thread is not to address bible difficulties in the KJV but to post your reasons with Scripture to back up your position. So far, folks are only referring to scholars or best manuscripts, blah, blah, etc.
Most of my points out of the 30 I have listed are based on Scripture. Can you see your position in the Bible? Do we see men of God or the apostles looking to some old and dead ancient language in order to decipher or decode God's Word in order to understand it? I don't. Your position is unbiblical.
Well, a LACK OF SCRIPTURE is a big reason to reject the KJVO myth.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well you have a problem then - God didn't speak in English, but inspired people to write in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek - and all that was translated into Latin.
You have no idea whether what is in the KJV are the exact words that God spoke.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Means nothing.
We are supposed to look at the NIV, see that a word isn't there and think "oooh, the naughty things, they left it out/changed it".
But was it in the original?

And the latter point does not mean that the NIV denies the Trinity.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Means nothing.
We are supposed to look at the NIV, see that a word isn't there and think "oooh, the naughty things, they left it out/changed it".
But was it in the original?

And the latter point does not mean that the NIV denies the Trinity.

Yes it does. 1 John 5:7 is the only verse in the Bible that point blank tells me about the Trinity.
If a person was isolated in a jungle or island with a Modern Translation for a year or two, and they knew nothing of Christianity, they would have a hard time understanding the Trinity (Unless they had a King James Bible).

Also, not seeing the gross perversions in the list I provided is simply putting on a blindfold in not wanting to see the problems in the NIV.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides, even if what you said was true, the KJV is still more accurately rendering this verse than the NIV. It's more precise.

There you go then: "oh; something that I flagged as a glaring error was actually standard Jewish practice? Oh well; the KJV is still the best."

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
People can see error where none exists. The goofs are only in your own mind.
Besides discussing bible difficulties would be a topic for another thread.
I plainly pointed out some of those goofs, & they are **REAL** ! They are not a product of imagination or guesswork !

The actual reason you're avoiding them is that you have no answer for them !

BTW, the main reason I take the time to post against the KJVO myth is to hopefully keep other readers to fall for it, & to **PROVE** to you diehard KJVOs that you're wrong.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There you go then: "oh; something that I flagged as a glaring error was actually standard Jewish practice? Oh well; the KJV is still the best."

If the NIV said this, you or somebody else would no doubt try to use this against me. Seeing it does not favor your position, you will of course not see that it is a problem.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does. 1 John 5:7 is the only verse in the Bible that point blank tells me about the Trinity.
If a person was isolated in a jungle or island with a Modern Translation for a year or two, and they knew nothing of Christianity, they would have a hard time understanding the Trinity (Unless they had a King James Bible).

Also, not seeing the gross perversions in the list I provided is simply putting on a blindfold in not wanting to see the problems in the NIV.

Not REALLY. The Holy Trinity is clearly seen in the 4 narratives of Jesus' baptism.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I plainly pointed out some of those goofs, & they are **REAL** ! They are not a product of imagination or guesswork !

The actual reason you're avoiding them is that you have no answer for them !

BTW, the main reason I take the time to post against the KJVO myth is to hopefully keep other readers to fall for it, & to **PROVE** to you diehard KJVOs that you're wrong.

Nope. The errors are still in your own mind.
Do you really want to keep up this “Great taste! Less filling!” kind of debate?
The errors that exist in your own mind have been logically explained by myself and many KJV advocates with a rational explanation. Of course, this is poison to you. So you will immediately reject any KJV explanations of any kind and immediately seek to fire all missiles because you only desire to see error in the KJV because that is what you desire to see.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not REALLY. The Holy Trinity is clearly seen in the 4 narratives of Jesus' baptism.

No it isn't. There is no verse that says at Jesus' baptism that these three are one.
1 John 5:7 is the only one that says that truth.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well you have a problem then - God didn't speak in English, but inspired people to write in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek - and all that was translated into Latin.
You have no idea whether what is in the KJV are the exact words that God spoke.

Well, God was perfectly capable of translating different languages in Acts 2.
Not sure why you would think He is not capable of doing so anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, a LACK OF SCRIPTURE is a big reason to reject the KJVO myth.

God is not going to hit a person over the head and say, “Thou shalt make the KJV your one and only final word of authority”

It would not even have made sense to say that back then. The publishing of Bibles did not happen during the time of the early church (as I am sure you are aware of).

But we should be able to see loosely the position of how to study God's Word.
When I read the Bible, I do not see any men of God looking to some ancient language to decode what God said in His written Word. I do not see men of God declaring some Scriptures verses to be in error and we should look to the better originals. They said Scripture was inspired. They said the Word of God would stand forever. They treated all manuscripts or letters or Scripture as entirely authoritative. The Word they spoke was understood. They did not speak some ancient language from the Scriptures, and then decode it.

While driving car can involve one having to make moral (biblical) choices, this topic is not entirely like driving a car.
This topic is a spiritual issue.
So if it is a spiritual issue, then we should find support for our position in the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nope. The errors are still in your own mind.
Do you really want to keep up this “Great taste! Less filling!” kind of debate?
The errors that exist in your own mind have been logically explained by myself and many KJV advocates with a rational explanation. Of course, this is poison to you. So you will immediately reject any KJV explanations of any kind and immediately seek to fire all missiles because you only desire to see error in the KJV because that is what you desire to see.

Good luck with that.
No, they have NOT been refuted !

You have NOT TOUCHED the fact that the words "and shalt be" in the KJV's Rev. 16:5 are not found in ANY known ancient Scriptural manuscript.

You have NOT TOUCHED the FACT that the KJV omits "through our Lord Jesus Christ" from Jude 25 despite the fact those words appear in most ancient mss. of Jude.

You have NOT TOUCHED the fact there's no Scriptural support for the KJVO myth, a fact that automatically makes that myth false.

Then, there's the fact that the KJVO myth was derived from a cult official's book & spread by a dishonest author who copied from the cult official's book, while being careful not to mention that book's author's cult affiliation.

Proof that you & your quack KJVO sources use that book is your bringing up the "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie" so much. It's as false as the general KJVO myth.

Not trying to be smart-aleck; just pointing out a few of the facts that make the KJVO myth a LIE.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well then, you don't know your Bible very well.

There is ONE God.
God is Father; Jesus always called God "my Father" and taught us to do the same.
God is Son; Jesus was accused of blasphemy and almost stoned because he claimed to be God, John 5:18, John 10:33. He used the name of God revealed to Moses - I AM, Exodus 3:14, John 8:58, John 14:6, John 15:1, John 11:25.
God is Spirit, John 4:24. All through the OT we read about the Spirit of the Lord. Jesus told his disciples that the Spirit knows the things of God and will make them known to them.

The Father is eternal, Genesis 1:1, Revelation 1:8. He created the world and was there in the beginning.
The Son is eternal, John 1:1-2, Colossians 1:15, Hebrews 1:3, John 17:5, Revelation 1:17-18.
The Spirit is eternal, was present at creation and gave life to mankind, Genesis 1:3, Genesis 2:7.

All 3 members of the Trinity are involved in our salvation; we have sinned against the Father, Jesus is the only way to the Father, John 14:6, and came to reconcile us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, Romans 5:11, and the Spirit draws us to Jesus, causes us to be born again, John 3:3 and assures us that we are God's children, John 1:12, Romans 8:16.

In Genesis 1:26 God said "Let US make man in OUR image". The word for God used here is plural. In Genesis 11:7 he said "let US go down and confuse their language". In Isaiah 6:8 God said, "whom shall I send and who will go for US?"
In Matthew 28:19 Jesus told his disciples to baptise in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Paul blessed the church at Corinth in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, 2 Corinthians 13:4.

Those verses are just off the top of my head, without doing an in-depth study.
Seriously, if you rely on ONE verse to teach you an important doctrine, you don't understand the Bible very well.

Y

No they wouldn't, because of the verse that I have posted above, and others.
You may prefer to believe that the KJV is the only Bible that shows, and teaches, that there is one God in 3 persons - but it's not.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
But how can we keep His commandments if they are changed?

See this post here again on those commands that are changed in Modern Translations.

That has been refuted ad nauseam in this thread.

You are dangerously close to bearing false witness once again by implying that I am sinning because I read modern translations because I don't know what God's commandments are.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.