Do you believe the KJV is the one and only perfect and divine Word of God?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Folks will always criticize or attack those who stand for a perfect Word.
In fact, its one of the points of my defense for the King James Bible being the Word of God. They cannot just stick to the topic in a kind and loving and respectful manner and deal with the points (I have provided) with Scripture in return to defend their position.

Side Note:

If one must know, the initial intent behind the thread was to expect people to discuss this topic in a loving and Christian way. Instead, I have gotten lots of emotional responses and unnecessary criticism in return. That was not my expectation at the creation of the thread. So I beg folks here to simply agree to disagree in love and respect and move on. I have come to realize that after reading all the criticism and angry vitriol towards the KJV Only position, we are simply not going to convince one another (under these conditions).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Instead, I have gotten lots of emotional responses and unnecessary criticism in return.

You're attacking people's Bibles. You're doing so with statements that are certainly unconvincing, and many would say also false. A strong response was inevitable.

We are not going to convince each other.

So why did you try?

In your shoes, I'd ask the mods to close the thread, and start a new one elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My decision will be my own and nobody else's.
Granted, I will also seek the Lord on what to do and also seek the Scriptures.
But for now, I humbly request if anyone here respects kindness and decency in being a loving follower of Christ, they will not post in this thread if they are not in defense for the King James Bible as the Word of God. Folks who continue to post here against my wishes are simply not being nice. I am asking out of the kindness of your heart in Christ to not post here if you do not believe the KJV is the Word of God for today.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Only one Bible can be the Word of God.
God's Word does not have errors within it.
For it is a reflection of His own perfection.

Side Note:

Also, the 1600's English does continue on to this day. It is alive and well within the hearts of believers who hold and preach from the King James Bible.

You do not use the 1611 KJV, nothing you have quoted is from it. Want proof? Here is your recent quote from Isaiah.

“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11).

Here it is from the 1611 KJV " So shall my word bee that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not returne vnto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Source

You are quoting from one of the 1700s KJVs, probably the 1769 as it is the most common. Further the Bible is not the highlander, there can be more than one and indeed there are many because God is manifold and so is humanity made in God's image and likeness.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
This thread now is for KJV Only advocates.
I hope people can respect my wishes on this here
(even if they do not agree with it).

You don't get to define who will post especially outside the protected fora but MOST especially when you are promoting heresy.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In fact, its one of the points of my defense for the King James Bible being the Word of God. They cannot just stick to the topic in a kind and loving and respectful manner

As you have called modern versions of the Bible "horrible" and "corrupt" and said that those who read them do not have the word of God, that is a very unfair statement to make.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You keep bringing up Psalm 12:6-7 after it was PROVEN to you that V7 is about PEOPLE ! That proof is from the original KJV, the AV 1611, & is NOT opinion or guesswork. It's the words of the very makers of the KJV.

Again, not trying to be smart-aleck, but you have posted a doctrine which you cannot defend nor sustain. It;s false, and you have no valid reason to believe it.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some observations after reading most of the thread:

Consider buying a new car and perusing the owner's manual. After careful reading, you should be ready to jump in that new car and drive somewhere...but you keep reading and reading until you forget the car and the place you were going to drive to. You tell others that the manual is perfect, the best...and miss the point.

The OP mentioned numeric proof for the KJV, and be that as it may, he should be aware of Ivan Panin's "Numeric Bible" which Panin states as restoring the Biblical text mathematically, and I assume, every jot and tittle intact and restored, per Matthew 5:18.

I am not a KJVO advocate. I keep a KJV near to where I type this, and often quote from the KJV from online sources. I have several other versions as well, and they ALL have their strengths...and weaknesses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a question. In Leviticus 17:7 of the KJV it says
"And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations."

Other versions say "goat demons" instead of "devils".

And in Judges 8:21
"Then Zebah and Zalmunna said, Rise thou, and fall upon us: for as the man is, so is his strength. And Gideon arose, and slew Zebah and Zalmunna, and took away the ornaments that were on their camels' necks."
Other versions say "crescent ornaments."

How come the KJV isn't very descriptive(lacks specific key points like goat and crescent)

Not saying which version is right and which is wrong. Just want to know why.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In fact, its one of the points of my defense for the King James Bible being the Word of God. They cannot just stick to the topic in a kind and loving and respectful manner and deal with the points (I have provided) with Scripture in return to defend their position.

Side Note:

If one must know, the initial intent behind the thread was to expect people to discuss this topic in a loving and Christian way. Instead, I have gotten lots of emotional responses and unnecessary criticism in return. That was not my expectation at the creation of the thread. So I beg folks here to simply agree to disagree in love and respect and move on. I have come to realize that after reading all the criticism and angry vitriol towards the KJV Only position, we are simply not going to convince one another (under these conditions).

Sir, it was proven long ago-and re-posted here-that the KJV is NOT PERFECT. You may cease telling that LIE whenever you choose.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My thread. My rules. I can change the title of the thread so as not for folks to post their Modern Translation or OAO agenda here (if need be). I hope I don't have to do that.
But if push comes to shove, I will do so.

Actually, you STARTED a thread on nthis board which isn't owned by you. You can change the title, but you cannot dictate who may or may not post. That's up to the person(s) paying for the bandwidth to support this forum. (and site) And don't forget, KJVOs are on the endangered species list, as they're believing & supporting a LIE !

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
New readers, please go back to Post # 473, where I stuck the knife of TRUTH into "Bible Highlighter's" 30 KJVO points & derailed every one of them.

This gent WILL NOT ANSWER the PROOF we've brought showing the KJVO myth to be false, & his KJV much less-than-perfect.

He WON'T DENY the fact that the KJV ADDS the words "and shalt be" to Rev. 15:5, in violation of God's command to not add to His word. Those words are NOT found in ANY ancient manuscript containing the Revelation !

He WON'T DENY the KJV OMITS the words "through our Lord Jesus Christ" in Jude 25, thus violating God's command to not subtract from His word ! Those words are found in most ancient mss. of Jude.

He won't DARE comment on the KJV's "Easter" goof in Acts 12:4.

Nor will he DARE answer the other KJV goofs & booboos several others, as well as I, have posted.

In other words, long as he keeps up this line of hooey, we should dismiss him as a blatherskite. I hope he sheds that status & comes to the TRUTH, that the KJVO myth is FALSE, & has been **PROVEN** false !

I don't think he's a bad man; he's simply come under thrall to a quack author(s) and a patently-false doctrine that was hatched by Satan, and, same as everything else Satan says, is a BIG FAT LIE !

Upvote 0

SeamusDelion

Calvinist
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Toronto
Visit site
✟8,438.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
By saying the KJV is the devine word of God means that you throw away all the dead sea scrolls, all other texts and even the manuscript (textus receptus) used to translate into the kjv. Also, since they didnt have the full text to translate, the book of revelation was originally translated from commentary.

Mic drop.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeamusDelion

Calvinist
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Toronto
Visit site
✟8,438.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
New readers, please go back to Post # 473

He WON'T DENY the fact that the KJV ADDS the words "and shalt be" to Rev. 15:5, in violation of God's command to not add to His word. Those words are NOT found in ANY ancient manuscript containing the Revelation !
!

The KJV translatiors never had access to the full textus receptus, and the book of revelation was rushed and they used a commentary to get the translation.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.