30+ Bible verses that support universal salvation

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot produce even one verse where anyone is offered the chance and is saved after death nothing but your UR assumptions/presuppositions.

It's all there for those with eyes to see. Just read the scriptures in the spirit of light, love, faith and hope, and all will be revealed.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are familiar with history. Eternal hell is a Pharisaic concept dominated the Jews back in Jesus' days. If it's not true, it's too easy for Jesus to say that "hell is not true" to end the dispute. However if the opposite is true then this truth must be conveyed very carefully as it might give a negative effect.

God is not a God of confusion. An omniscient God would have provided you with a short and direct sentence "hell doesn't exist" to end the controversy if hell is not real.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are familiar with history. Eternal hell is a Pharisaic concept dominated the Jews back in Jesus' days. If it's not true, it's too easy for Jesus to say that "hell is not true" to end the dispute. However if the opposite is true then this truth must be conveyed very carefully as it might give a negative effect.
God is not a God of confusion. An omniscient God would have provided you with a short and direct sentence "hell doesn't exist" to end the controversy if hell is not real.
…..According to three irrefutable Jewish sources; the Jewish Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Judaica and the Talmud, quoted below, among the יהודים/Yehudim/ιουδαιων/Youdaion/Jews in Israel before and during the time of Jesus there was a belief in a place of everlasting torment of the wicked and they called it both sheol and gehinnom, translated hades and gehenna in the 225 BC LXX and the NT.
…..There were different factions within Judaism; Sadducees, Pharisees, Essenes etc. and there were different beliefs about resurrection, hell etc. That there were differing beliefs does not rebut, refute, change or disprove anything in this post.

Jewish Encyclopedia, Gehenna
The place where children were sacrificed to the god Moloch … in the "valley of the son of Hinnom," to the south of Jerusalem (Josh. xv. 8, passim; II Kings xxiii. 10; Jer. ii. 23; vii. 31-32; xix. 6, 13-14). … the valley was deemed to be accursed, and "Gehenna" therefore soon became a figurative equivalent for "hell." Hell, like paradise, was created by God (Sotah 22a);[“Soon” in this verse would be about 700 BC +/-]
[Note, this is according to the ancient Jews, long before the Christian era, NOT any supposed bias of modern Christian translators. DA]
(I)n general …sinners go to hell immediately after their death. The famous teacher Johanan b. Zakkai wept before his death because he did not know whether he would go to paradise or to hell (Ber. 28b). The pious go to paradise, and sinners to hell(B.M. 83b).
But as regards the heretics, etc., and Jeroboam, Nebat's son, hell shall pass away, but they shall not pass away" (R. H. 17a; comp. Shab. 33b). All that descend into Gehenna shall come up again, with the exception of three classes of men: those who have committed adultery, or shamed their neighbors, or vilified them (B. M. 58b).[/i]
… heretics and the Roman oppressors go to Gehenna, and the same fate awaits the Persians, the oppressors of the Babylonian Jews (Ber. 8b). When Nebuchadnezzar descended into hell, [שאול/Sheol] all its inhabitants were afraid that he was coming to rule over them (Shab. 149a; comp. Isa. xiv. 9-10). The Book of Enoch [x. 6, xci. 9, etal] also says that it is chiefly the heathen who are to be cast into the fiery pool on the Day of Judgment (x. 6, xci. 9, et al). "The Lord, the Almighty, will punish them on the Day of Judgment by putting fire and worms into their flesh, so that they cry out with pain unto all eternity" (Judith xvi. 17). The sinners in Gehenna will be filled with pain when God puts back the souls into the dead bodies on the Day of Judgment, according toIsa. xxxiii. 11 (Sanh. 108b).

Link: Jewish Encyclopedia Online
Note, scripture references are highlighted in blue.
= = = = = = = = = =
Encyclopedia Judaica:
Gehinnom (Heb. גֵּי בֶן־הִנֹּם, גֵּי בְנֵי הִנֹּם, גֵּיא בֶן־הִנֹּם, גֵּיא הִנֹּם; Gr. Γέεννα; "Valley of Ben-Hinnom, Valley of [the Son (s) of] Hinnom," Gehenna), a valley south of Jerusalem on one of the borders between the territories of Judah and Benjamin, between the Valley of *Rephaim and *En-Rogel (Josh. 15:8; 18:16). It is identified with Wadi er-Rababi.

…..During the time of the Monarchy, Gehinnom, at a place called Topheth, was the site of a cult which involved the burning of children (II Kings 23:10; Jer. 7:31; 32:35 et al.; ). Jeremiah repeatedly condemned this cult and predicted that on its account Topheth and the Valley of the Son of Hinnom would be called the Valley of the "Slaughter" (Jer. 19:5–6).
In Judaism the name Gehinnom is generally used as an appellation of the place of torment reserved for the wicked after death. The New Testament used the Greek form Gehenna in the same sense.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/gehinnom
http://www.jevzajcg.me/enciklopedia/Encyclopaedia Judaica, v. 07 (Fey-Gor).pdf
= = = = = = = = = =
Talmud -Tractate Rosh Hashanah Chapter 1.
The school of Hillel says: . . . but as for Minim, [followers of Jesus] informers and disbelievers, who deny the Torah, or Resurrection, or separate themselves from the congregation, or who inspire their fellowmen with dread of them, or who sin and cause others to sin, as did Jeroboam the son of Nebat and his followers, they all descend to Gehenna, and are judged there from generation to generation, as it is said [Isa. lxvi. 24]:
"And they shall go forth and look upon the carcases of the men who have transgressed against Me; for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched." Even when Gehenna will be destroyed, they will not be consumed, as it is written[Psalms, xlix. 15]: "And their forms wasteth away in the nether world," which the sages comment upon to mean that their forms shall endure even when the grave is no more.
Concerning them Hannah says [I Sam. ii. 10]: "The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces."
Link: Tract Rosh Hashana: Chapter I.
When Jesus taught e.g.,
• “Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” Matthew 25:41
• "these shall go away into eternal punishment, Matthew 25:46"
• "the fire of hell [Γέεννα/gehenna] where the fire is not quenched and the worm does not die, 3X Mark 9:43-48"
• "cast into a fiery furnace where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth,” Matthew 13:42, Matthew 13:50
• “But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” Matthew 18:6
• “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:23
• “woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. ” Matthew 26:24
• “But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.” Luke 10:12
…..These teachings tacitly reaffirmed and sanctioned a then existing significant Jewish view of eternal hell, outlined above. In Matt. 18:6, 26:24 and Luk 10:12, see above, Jesus teaches that there is a punishment worse than death or nonexistence.
…..A punishment worse than death without mercy is also mentioned in Hebrews 10:28-31.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
…..Jesus is quoted as using the word death 17 times in the gospels, if He wanted to say eternal death in Matt 25:46, that is what He would have said but He didn’t, He said “eternal punishment.” The Sadducees did not believe in the resurrection, they knew that everybody died; rich, poor, young, old, good, bad, men, women, children, infants and knew that often it had nothing to do with punishment and was permanent.
When Jesus taught “eternal punishment” they would not have understood it as merely death, it would have meant something worse to them.
…..Concerning “punishment” one early church father wrote,

“Then these reap no advantage from their punishment, as it seems: moreover, I would say that they are not punished unless they are conscious of the punishment.” Justin Martyr [A.D. 110-165.] Dialogue with Trypho Chapter 4
…..Jesus undoubtedly knew what the Jews, believed about hell. If that Jewish teaching was wrong, why didn’t Jesus tell them there was no hell, no eternal punishment etc? Why would Jesus teach “eternal punishment,” etc. to Jews who believed, "The Lord, the Almighty, will punish them on the Day of Judgment by putting fire and worms into their flesh, so that they cry out with pain unto all eternity," which would only encourage and reinforce their beliefs?

• Agree
Reactions: Hawkins
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's all there for those with eyes to see. Just read the scriptures in the spirit of light, love, faith and hope, and all will be revealed.
If it is there so clearly that all eyes can see it please show me one verse, 2 or more would be better, which clearly, unequivocally states that the unrepentant in the grave/hell/LOF are offered a chance to and do repent. But Jesus says just the opposite.
Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day,. Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
"That day" vs. 22 means "judgement day" There ain't no chance for repentance or salvation after "judgement day" and "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." When Jesus says "never" He means <=Never=>! Not someday!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
.According to three irrefutable Jewish sources; the Jewish Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Judaica and the Talmud,

Irrefutable for satanists lol.

"And they shall go forth and look upon the carcases of the men who have transgressed against Me; for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched." Even when Gehenna will be destroyed, they will not be consumed, as it is written[Psalms, xlix. 15]: "And their forms wasteth away in the nether world," which the sages comment upon to mean that their forms shall endure even when the grave is no more.
Concerning them Hannah says [I Sam. ii. 10]: "The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces."

Problem with these Jewish sages is they're ANTICHRISTs.

Onkelos said to him: What is the punishment of that man, a euphemism for Jesus himself, in the next world? Jesus said to him: He is punished with boiling excrement. As the Master said: Anyone who mocks the words of the Sages will be sentenced to boiling excrement. (Gittin 57a:4)

So open your eyes friend, don't be like unto these evil men.

These teachings tacitly reaffirmed and sanctioned a then existing significant Jewish view of eternal hell,

No, they redeemed the version of eternal torment in boiling excrement. Jesus reveals that it's unpleasant, but it's for your salvation.

..Jesus is quoted as using the word death 17 times in the gospels, if He wanted to say eternal death in Matt 25:46, that is what He would have said but He didn’t, He said “eternal punishment.

Feel sorry for someone who spent their lives in the word but had lost that page from their Bible.

.Jesus undoubtedly knew what the Jews, believed about hell. If that Jewish teaching was wrong, why didn’t Jesus tell them there was no hell, no eternal punishment etc? Why would Jesus teach “eternal punishment,” etc. to Jews who believed, "The Lord, the Almighty, will punish them on the Day of Judgment by putting fire and worms into their flesh, so that they cry out with pain unto all eternity," which would only encourage and reinforce their beliefs?

Because there is a lake of fire. It does torment the wicked, it is destructive. But he reveals that it's ultimate end is salvation. That's why he is the omega - the SALVATION OF JEHOVAH.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day,. Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."That day" vs. 22 means "judgement day" There ain't no chance for repentance or salvation after "judgement day" and "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." When Jesus says "never" He means <=Never=>! Not someday!

Yes, they will not enter in on that day. They may yet enter ye in later, after having received their LIFE sentence, where their heart is changed by the truth of God's great unchanging love, faith and hope.

That's why in Revelation 21&22 we see the reprobates outside together with the HS and Church encouraging ppl to come in through the ever-open Pearly Gates...and the kings of the earth and nations actually coming in to bring honour and glory and receive healing. Everything made new.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Irrefutable for satanists lol.
Problem with these Jewish sages is they're ANTICHRISTs.
Your opinion is meaningless. Jesus would have known about the Jewish beliefs and if there was no fiery burning "hades" or "Gehenna" Jesus would have told them but everything Jesus taught about the fate of the wicked supported the Jewish belief in what we call "hell."
I notice no attempt to address my post quoting the Jewish Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Judaica and the Talmud. Your response is a logical fallacy, "Poisoning the well." "Nothing the Jews say is true because they are antiChrists."

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, they will not enter in on that day. They may yet enter ye in later, after having received their LIFE sentence, where their heart is changed by the truth of God's great unchanging love, faith and hope.
That's why in Revelation 21&22 we see the reprobates outside together with the HS and Church encouraging ppl to come in through the ever-open Pearly Gates...and the kings of the earth and nations actually coming in to bring honour and glory and receive healing. Everything made new.
Nonsense, wrong as usual. Twisting scripture beyond recognition trying to make it fit your assumptions/presuppositions.
After everything was made new Rev 21;4, 8 groups of people were thrown into the LOF which was still the second death. vs.8.
There are no kings of the earth in the grave/hell/LOF and the dead have no glory/honor to bring. That applies only to those living at the time, not the dead.

Revelation 21:27
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Revelation 22:11
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Revelation 22:14
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Revelation 22:15
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Revelation 22:19
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 2 vss. later the end.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense, wrong as usual. Twisting scripture beyond recognition trying to make it fit your assumptions/presuppositions.
After everything was made new Rev 21;4, 8 groups of people were thrown into the LOF which was still the second death. vs.8.
There are no kings of the earth in the grave/hell/LOF and the dead have no glory/honor to bring. That applies only to those living at the time, not the dead.

Revelation 21:27
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Revelation 22:11
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Revelation 22:14
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Revelation 22:15
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Revelation 22:19
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 2 vss. later the end.

Yessense der Alte, behold the MAIN ARTERY OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE history and prophecy:

No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations. (Gen 17:5)

I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. (Isa 45:23)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. (Jn 3:16-17)

Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy; For ALL THE NATIONS WILL COME AND WORSHIP BEFORE YOU, FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUS ACTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED." (Rev 15:4)

Behold, I am making all things new! (Rev 21:5)

The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. (Rev 21:24)

On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)

When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. (1 Cor 15:28)

Truth is beauty and beauty truth. Capisce?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yessense der Alte, behold the MAIN ARTERY OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE history and prophecy:
No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations. (Gen 17:5)
I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. (Isa 45:23)
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. (Jn 3:16-17)
Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy; For ALL THE NATIONS WILL COME AND WORSHIP BEFORE YOU, FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUS ACTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED." (Rev 15:4)
The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. (Rev 21:24)
On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Rev 22:2)
When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. (1 Cor 15:28)
Truth is beauty and beauty truth. Capisce?
The same out-of-context proof texts repeated ad nauseum. All have been addressed multiple times and the UR misinterpretation refuted.
There are no nations or kings in the grave/hell/LOF only dead bodies. The dead in the grave/hell/LOF have no glory to bring anywhere. Rev 21:24 refers only the living kings of then existing nations not the dead.
There is no truth or beauty in scripture deliberately twisted and quoted out-of-context. No matter how many times they are repeated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

We must learn not to confuse Hell (Hades) for the Lake of Fire.

Hell/Hades is the waiting place for those awaiting the final judgment. All those now in Hell will be thrown into the Lake of Fire when the final judgment takes place.

The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades (Hell)
gave up the dead (spiritually dead) that were in them, and each person
was judged according to their works. Then death and Hades were thrown
into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death." Rev 20:13-14

When it says 'death' was thrown into the Lake of Fire. That speaks collectively of all the spiritually 'dead' unbelievers. Like those who Jesus called "dead." As in.. "Let the dead bury their own dead."

Hades being thrown into the Lake of Fire speaks of all souls collectively found in Hades having been thrown into the Lake of Fire. There will be no more Hades (Hell).

God is Justice.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We must learn not to confuse Hell (Hades) for the Lake of Fire.
Hell/Hades is the waiting place for those awaiting the final judgment. All those now in Hell will be thrown into the Lake of Fire when the final judgment takes place.

The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades (Hell)
gave up the dead (spiritually dead) that were in them, and each person
was judged according to their works. Then death and Hades were thrown
into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death." Rev 20:13-14
When it says 'death' was thrown into the Lake of Fire. That speaks collectively of all the spiritually 'dead' unbelievers. Like those who Jesus called "dead." As in.. "Let the dead bury their own dead."
Hades being thrown into the Lake of Fire speaks of all souls collectively found in Hades having been thrown into the Lake of Fire. There will be no more Hades (Hell).
God is Justice.
I have an alternate explanation for death and hell being thrown into the LOF.
…..Rev 20:14 says death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. Death is the point in time end of life; it has no physical presence and cannot be literally thrown anywhere.
If “hell” refers to the grave, graves are empty holes. Empty cannot be thrown anywhere.
Since neither death nor hell could/did die a first death they can’t die a second death. But there is a scriptural answer which does not involve jumping through hoops mixing literal and figurative in one sentence, there is a death and hell which can be thrown into the LOF.

Revelation 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
My name for these two beings are the angel of death and the demon of hell. They are thrown into the LOF and their power to kill ended.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have an alternate explanation for death and hell being thrown into the LOF.

Death is normally not a thing. Its a descriptive term for an actual thing. A real thing was thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Its sort of like saying Red Communism was destroyed when Russia collapsed. So... "Red Communism was thrown into the Lake of Fire." Actually.. a real thing - that being Russia, collapsed.

21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go
and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

The "dead" are unbelievers = spiritual death. Collectively all death (unbelievers, both men and angels) will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

That is what I have come to believe.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Death is normally not a thing. Its a descriptive term for an actual thing. A real thing was thrown into the Lake of Fire.
Its sort of like saying Red Communism was destroyed when Russia collapsed. So... "Red Communism was thrown into the Lake of Fire." Actually.. a real thing - that being Russia, collapsed.

21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go
and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
The "dead" are unbelievers = spiritual death. Collectively all death (unbelievers, both men and angels) will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.
That is what I have come to believe.
I don't think so.
Revelation 20:13-14
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Vs. 13 doesn't say some of the dead in hell were delivered up. So vs. 13 hell and the sea is empty of the dead. There are no unbelievers left. Everyone is judged and vs. 14 death and hell are cast into the LOF.
Death is the point in time end of life it has no physical properties and cannot be literally thrown anywhere.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think so.
Revelation 20:13-14
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Vs. 13 doesn't say some of the dead in hell were delivered up. So vs. 13 hell and the sea is empty of the dead. There are no unbelievers left. Everyone is judged and vs. 14 death and hell are cast into the LOF.
Death is the point in time end of life it has no physical properties and cannot be literally thrown anywhere.

Is this one worth arguing over?????? ... at this point? What difference does it make?

Are you the kind of person who simply loves to argue? There is no arguing that! :angel:

Why do you switch from Korean to German in your signature? Peer review in this day and age?... would be like Jesus asking for the approval of the pharisees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this one worth arguing over?????? ... at this point? What difference does it make?
Are you the kind of person who simply loves to argue? There is no arguing that! :angel:
Why do you switch from Korean to German in your signature? Peer review in this day and age?... would be like Jesus asking for the approval of the pharisees.
I'm not arguing. I thought I was very cordial. I stated what I believe and why.
I would not consult a Dr. or lawyer who was not peer reviewed i.e. thier education is peer reviewed for the years they are grad school.
I speak German and some Korean. Interesting thing recently my pastor's mother-in-law visited our church which is Korean. She is Korean and has lived in Germany for 25 years. She speaks Korean and German. I am not conversant in Korean so we conversed in German, in a Korean church. A German lady a neighbor of one of our members sometimes attends. She speak English but she brought a friend who didn't speak English so we conversed in German.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not arguing. I thought I was very cordial. I stated what I believe and why.

I am just gun shy from all the times it has not been cordial. I can see that now. Thank you sir, for being an exception.

I would not consult a Dr. or lawyer who was not peer reviewed i.e. thier education is peer reviewed for the years they are grad school.

Theology can take an entirely different turn when it comes to having a peer review to determine truth. Though there is an element of academic skill needed, it enters into a realm that peer review will find itself tripping over itself when the spiritual insight can not be taught. It must be granted from above. Keep in mind. Each closed minded denomination has its scholars that can not think outside of its own bias on certain matters. If they could? We would not be seeing denominations, but simply Bible teaching churches in different locales.

I speak German and some Korean. Interesting thing recently my pastor's mother-in-law visited our church which is Korean. She is Korean and has lived in Germany for 25 years. She speaks Korean and German. I am not conversant in Korean so we conversed in German, in a Korean church. A German lady a neighbor of one of our members sometimes attends. She speak English but she brought a friend who didn't speak English so we conversed in German.

The closest I came to that was working for a German chef (who studied in Stuttgart). He used to keep his Luther Bible on a shelf in the kitchen.. in German, of course. That translation once helped verify something my pastor taught from the Hebrew, but all the Bible students at work were having a hard time accepting because of how weakly it was translated into English. I remember how my pastor told us how he liked certain German Bible scholars because of how excellent they were in grasping the Hebrew and Greek.

grace and peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's amusing, faced with the options of (a) spiritual or (b) physical interpretation, you chose the latter. To go that path, my friend, is to choose death over life, for only the spirit gives life.

The Lake of Fire is not a physical thing, any more than death is a tangible object. This is visionary apocalyptic writing, which was 'signified' to John by the angel (Rev 1:1). Signs, as in symbolic and allegorical, not the earthly and literal. That is the movement of direction of scripture.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same out-of-context proof texts repeated ad nauseum

One more time, just because the truth is beautiful.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One more time, just because the truth is beautiful.
Scriptures deliberately quoted out-of-context to support the false UR agenda.
Some of those knees bowing will be footstools for Jesus. And Jesus will say to many on the day of judgement, "I never knew you, Depart from me."
There are no nations or kings in the grave/hell/LOF. There is no glory in the grave/hell/LOF for anyone to bring anywhere. This verse refers ONLY to the nations and living kings which exist at the time.
There are no nations in the grave/hell/LOF to be healed.

Upvote 0