FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Even one mention of hell refutes all you claim.

Nonsense!

One mention of any of the four hells does NOT negate the fact the Master of Reconciliation swallows them into Himself.

His work is patented as the Heavenly Big Gulp.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about all the Hell verses and the few that are saved verses?
I would say they have to all be in harmony for God not to contradict Himself.

It also says in the Bible that none seek after God, then later that there are at least a few that find Him/the narrow path. Perhaps it is speaking about the present.

As far as hell is concerned, my view has evolved. I don't believe any more it can be a place of eternal torment, because of reconciliation supposed to happen, because of God being fire, because of the discussion surrounding the word translated as eternal (aionios in our spelling), et cetera.

Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biased misinterpretation. God does NOT imply He states authoritatively. There is no, zero, none verse which clearly and unequivocally states that the unrepentant will be saved after death.

I have seen that laundry list of out-of-context proof texts many times in the last 2 decades+ here and the UR misinterpretation of them has been refuted many, many times.

Logical fallacy.Argument from silence. The Bible does not specifically state that flying pink spaghetti monsters do not exist. We can't assume that they do.
You call me out on an "argument from silence" while pleading for one in the first part of the reply.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi.

Some of those verses hint at what you are arguing for; others do not.
Please elaborate on which ones do in your opinion, and which ones don't, and why.

However, the verses that speak of some of us being lost are more numerous and unequivocal. That is a reality which is difficult to get around, which is why most Universalists just do not mention any of them when making their case. And, BTW, a person cannot really be a "Universalist" and contend that the unrighteous will be annihilated!
Most of the world is lost but will be reconciled to God is what I'm reading.

I'm not an annihilationist. You must have misunderstood me.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They do not "specifically say that the unrepentant wicked do not receive eternal life" (do you have that on CTRL-V too???), they say they're destroyed which isn't the same.

What’s the relevance of using copy/paste? I don’t see how that’s relevant to the conversation.

Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What’s the relevance of using copy/paste? I don’t see how that’s relevant to the conversation.
copy/pasting =/= conversation

LGW just does that a lot, and has his go-to replies, I was sort of wondering if he wasn't tired of typing it, I sure am of reading it.

unrepentant wicked

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Are we paying attention?

The issue is not what is written in some verse, but what is consistent with the "mind of Christ" taken as a coherent whole.

Everything must be in complete agreement, no contradictions or inconsistencies with the Holy Spirit of agape love, mercy, kindness, compassion, long suffering, etc.

We must make every effort to reconcile the inconsistencies and contradictions we accept as being from God & develop a coherent understanding of the "mind of Christ."

Do you accept all the words "written in ink" without thought or reasoning. Such blind acceptance is not studying to show yourself approved. It's just rote acceptance of primitive thinking.

God speaks in the red letters, the black letters & the white spaces between the lines.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

FIFTEEN QUESTIONS FOR SOBER THOUGHT

1 If God will have all men to be saved, and if most men are lost, then how can God be supreme (1 Tim.2:3,4)?

2 If Christ is the Propitiation for the sins of the whole world, did He die in vain for the lost (1 John 2:2)?

3 If God is going to reconcile the universe through Christ, how can some be tormented forever (Col. 1:20)?

4 How can God, in Christ, gather all things together as one while billions remain eternally estranged (Eph.1:10)?

5 If all die in Adam, and a few are made alive in Christ, how can grace much more abound than sin (Rom. 5:20)?

6 If all men are condemned by Adam’s offense, why are not all justified by the one just award (Rom. 5:18)?

7 If all die in Adam, why shall not all be made alive in Christ (1 Cor. 15:22)?

8 How can every knee bow confessing Christ Lord, to God’s glory, unless reconciled (Phil. 2:10,11)?

9 If Christ only hath immortality, how can any of the dead be alive now (1 Tim. 6:14-16; 1 Cor. 15:53, 54)?

10 If the wicked go to hell as soon as they die, why are they raised and judged later (Rev. 20:11-15)?

11 Since the lake of fire is the second death, what happens to the wicked when death is destroyed (1 Cor.15:26)?

12 If “forever” means “eternity” what does “forever and ever” mean?

13 If God is Love and has all power, will He not find away to save all (1 Tim. 4:9-11)?

14 If Christ is to reign for ever and ever, what does it mean that He will abdicate His throne (Rev. 11:15; 1 Cor. 15:24)?

15 Will God ever actually become All in all (1 Cor.15:28)?

Screen-Shot-2018-05-04-at-11.48.08-AM-1024x683.png

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say they have to all be in harmony for God not to contradict Himself.

It also says in the Bible that none seek after God, then later that there are at least a few that find Him/the narrow path. Perhaps it is speaking about the present.

As far as hell is concerned, my view has evolved. I don't believe any more it can be a place of eternal torment, because of reconciliation supposed to happen, because of God being fire, because of the discussion surrounding the word translated as eternal (aionios in our spelling), et cetera.
Too many go to hell for you to be true.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense!

One mention of any of the four hells does NOT negate the fact the Master of Reconciliation swallows them into Himself.

His work is patented as the Heavenly Big Gulp.
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matthew 10:28 (NCPB)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
copy/pasting =/= conversation

LGW just does that a lot, and has his go-to replies, I was sort of wondering if he wasn't tired of typing it, I sure am of reading it.

unrepentant wicked

I do the same. When you’ve been thru the same conversations several times it can become tiresome to have to start the same entire conversation again over & over with each new person presenting the same evidence. So it just makes sense to create a nice comprehensive explanation and save it for future use. Whether I type the same discussion each time or paste it doesn’t really matter, it just takes more time.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You call me out on an "argument from silence" while pleading for one in the first part of the reply.
Wrong! If there is a verse which states clearly and unequivocally that the unrepentant will be saved even after death please show it to me.

Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wrong! If there is a verse which states clearly and unequivocally that the unrepentant will be saved even after death please show it to me.
Exactly, there you go. It's not in the Bible explicitly enough for you.

You must have some odd interpretation of the terms "reconciliation", "restoration" and "great joy" to uphold a belief in eternal concious torment.

So far though, zilch exegesis of the scriptures I provided from the non-believers.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are we paying attention?

The issue is not what is written in some verse, but what is consistent with the "mind of Christ" taken as a coherent whole.

Everything must be in complete agreement, no contradictions or inconsistencies with the Holy Spirit of agape love, mercy, kindness, compassion, long suffering, etc.

We must make every effort to reconcile the inconsistencies and contradictions we accept as being from God & develop a coherent understanding of the "mind of Christ."

Do you accept all the words "written in ink" without thought or reasoning. Such blind acceptance is not studying to show yourself approved. It's just rote acceptance of primitive thinking.

God speaks in the red letters, the black letters & the white spaces between the lines.

I don’t know what this has to do with my post but let me sum this up here. So your saying that I ignore the “mind of Christ” by taking the words He actually said literally? So then your suggesting that I should read His words and try to contemplate how I could interpret them to mean what I think He would be saying instead of just taking what He actually said literally? This explains a lot about how you can reach the conclusion of universalism by reading the scriptures. Thanks I think I understand now how you come to believe in universalism now. You read a passage where Jesus specifically says that some will not go to heaven and say to yourself I don’t think that’s what He’s actually saying and interpret it in such a way that completely contradicts what He actually said. I see where you’ve made your mistake now brother. Do you?

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not quite. But it is bread.

Nowhere does it say they never will.

with mold on it.

Same old lie ..... being propagated

Genesis 3:1
English Standard Version
Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”

Did God actually say ....
(Did God not say)

We believe what His Word does say .... not what it does NOT say.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
with mold on it.

Same old lie ..... being propagated

Genesis 3:1
English Standard Version
Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”

Did God actually say ....
(Did God not say)

We believe what His Word does say .... not what it does NOT say.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
We know all that (those verses). Could just as easily be about you as it could be about me.

You saying about 36 verses coming straight from God as bread for us to eat has mold on it speaks volumes about how you feel about the Bible.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3

16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

and MANY do not believe and never will (sadly)

You're serving up a bunch of baloney sandwiches ;o)
yep bologne with none of the fixings :)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 If God will have all men to be saved, and if most men are lost, then how can God be supreme (1 Tim.2:3,4)?

Easy answer God wanted everyone to choose to love Him of their own free will. I want my children to love me but if I had the capability to make them incapable of not loving me I wouldn’t use it because without the choice to love it can’t be genuine. It wouldn’t have any value because it wasn’t freely given. So God can still be completely sovereign if that’s the way He intended it to be. If He intended that everyone has the choice to love Him or not then His sovereignty has deemed for it to be that way and God has still controlled it to be so.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 If Christ is the Propitiation for the sins of the whole world, did He die in vain for the lost (1 John 2:2)?

Christ died for the sins of the whole world so that He can rightly have the authority to forgive or condemn anyone He sees fit. Not just because He’s God but because He paid the price for all men which justly gives Him the right to judge all men.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
3 If God is going to reconcile the universe through Christ, how can some be tormented forever (Col. 1:20)?

I’m not sure which verse your quoting but I’m confident that the word your referring to is kosmos which I know that your educated enough to understand that the word does not always refer to all men. So please correct me if I’m mistaken and the word your referring to is not kosmos.

Upvote 0