Should we be homophobic, islamophobic, and xenophobic?

• YES

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • NO

Votes: 25 86.2%

• Total voters

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Was that put there to deceive people into viewing it as holy?

No, they think everything of their political ideology (presented as a religion), including killing you if you are not a Muslim, they think everything called for in their "holy" book the Koran, including the killing of infidels, to be "holy."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
First, how can Islam be 'heretical?' It is not a Christian religion and, therefore, does not accept 'orthodox' or 'heterodox' views within the Christian traditions.
I agree with you on that one although there are those who insist that it is a synthetic religion created by putting bits of Christianity and Judaism together with the existing religion of the Arabs. So there might be an opening for calling it a Christian heresy after all, and I've heard some very smart people make the claim.

Calling it demonic does not make any sense either. It is simply another faith or religion.
Satan is capable of deceiving people in various ways. Why wouldn't religion be at or near the top of his to-do list?

Secondly, how is it sinful to be gay? Being gay is just who a person is.
You're right that people get sloppy when addressing that matter. It's not a sin to be gay. Acting on it is another matter.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are 3 values of God that many people like to label "phobias," i.e. mental diseases.

1. Islamophobia - being AGAINST ISLAM.
2. Homophobia - being AGAINST PERVERSION.
3. Xenophobia - being AGAINST IMMIGRATION.

Because all the false accusations, that being against these things is disease (or at least like unto mental diseases), do not seem to be capable of being overthrown, that the language incorporating them is becoming ever more entrenched, it seems necessary to endorse them, take them up as one's own, in order to overcome them.

Hence the necessity to insist these values are very godly, that the godly person will endorse these values. (And the people who enjoy beating up people with these fake names of supposedly irrational fears are quite anti-God.)

Perhaps there is some inherent truth in the "phobic" designation, in that those very concerned for God, who love God greatly, will "get all upset by" recognizing these things are against the will of God and hence we should be (in the present context of language usage) islamophobic, homophobic, and xenophobic?

There's nothing "Godly" about exclusion. I don't serve a God of exclusion. During His time on earth, He deliberately went to see the least desirable people of the time: tax collectors, lepers, children in the sense that the apostles wanted them to be 'seen and not heard'.

I don't understand this impulse among some Christians to pigeonhole the church into a small sect of self-righteous, white, straight people. That's not what the Bible calls us to do, and I would question any church that called itself a witness if it was participating in that kind of bigotry.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you on that one although there are those who insist that it is a synthetic religion created by putting bits of Christianity and Judaism together with the existing religion of the Arabs. So there might be an opening for calling it a Christian heresy after all, and I've heard some very smart people make the claim.

Satan is capable of deceiving people in various ways. Why wouldn't religion be at or near the top of his to-do list?

You're right that people get sloppy when addressing that matter. It's not a sin to be gay. Acting on it is another matter.

Why does it agree with the Bible on issues like fornication?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, they think everything of their political ideology (presented as a religion), including killing you if you are not a Muslim, they think everything called for in their "holy" book the Koran, including the killing of infidels, to be "holy."

What is the goal of things like this?
Using Alchemy to Teach Christianity?

All those religions, except Biblical Christianity, have historically embraced invocational sorcery and explorations of the demonic spirit world. Hinduism and Buddhism involve all kinds of occult rituals and practices. Kabala is a form of Jewish mysticism steeped in occult symbols and rituals, while Sufism and Folk Islam are examples of Islamic mysticism and animism.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
There's nothing "Godly" about exclusion. I don't serve a God of exclusion. During His time on earth, He deliberately went to see the least desirable people of the time: tax collectors, lepers, children in the sense that the apostles wanted them to be 'seen and not heard'.

I don't understand this impulse among some Christians to pigeonhole the church into a small sect of self-righteous, white, straight people. That's not what the Bible calls us to do, and I would question any church that called itself a witness if it was participating in that kind of bigotry.
Ringo

Yes, there is nothing godly about "exclusion," it is a neutral term in regard to Godliness.

God would EXCLUDE THE BAD, and welcome the good.
So what is excluded is the relevant consideration - if a certain political ideology representing itself as a religion calls for the killing of "infidels" because they do not subscribe to the ideology, then we should try to be sure to exclude that!

It would be simply stupid and ridiculous never to exclude anything from our society - the law is precisely the vehicle we have for trying to exclude the evil and immoral.

If one truly did not serve a God of exclusion, then one would most likely be serving the Devil, seems to me.

It is doubtful there are many who want to "pigenhole the church into a small sect of self-righteous, white, straight people." A "STRAW MAN."
That said, certainly all who think themselves to be serving God should be totally against sexual perversion and never think the destruction of the family we see in Western society today is an acceptable thing.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, there is nothing godly about "exclusion," it is a neutral term in regard to Godliness.

God would EXCLUDE THE BAD, and welcome the good.
So what is excluded is the relevant consideration - if a certain political ideology representing itself as a religion calls for the killing of "infidels" because they do not subscribe to the ideology, then we should try to be sure to exclude that!

It would be simply stupid and ridiculous never to exclude anything from our society - the law is precisely the vehicle we have for trying to exclude the evil and immoral.

If one truly did not serve a God of exclusion, then one would most likely be serving the Devil, seems to me.

It is doubtful there are many who want to "pigenhole the church into a small sect of self-righteous, white, straight people." A "STRAW MAN."
That said, certainly all who think themselves to be serving God should be totally against sexual perversion and never think the destruction of the family we see in Western society today is an acceptable thing.

Many - and I don't necessarily include you in this - who say that Islam is a "political ideology masquerading as a religion" and complain about Sharia law in the US are the same ones who want the United States government to be Christian, and who want Christians exclusively to be elected to office.

So aside from the fact that the (recessively) extreme Muslims kill and behead people, I'm not sure I see that much of a difference. Both so-called Christianists and so-called Islamists want to impose their values on a country.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Many - and I don't necessarily include you in this - who say that Islam is a "political ideology masquerading as a religion" and complain about Sharia law in the US are the same ones who want the United States government to be Christian, and who want Christians exclusively to be elected to office.
Actually, no. To be sure, you didn't name names, so it can't denied that some persons somewhere might fit that profile, but it's the real experts in Middle Eastern culture who have insisted--long before the average person gave militant Islam much thought--that it's more of a political movement than a religion or, to put it another way, that the two cannot be separated the way we in the Christian West commonly do.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, no. To be sure, you didn't name names, so it can't denied that some persons somewhere might fit that profile,

I think Christianists and Islamists have another thing in common: they're not representative of their respective religions. Most Christians are peace-minded people who simply want to live life the way they feel God has instructed them. Most Muslims are also peace-minded people who are simply trying to follow Allah and his teachings.

The problem is that both Islamists and Christianists - and especially Islamists these days - tend to be much more vocal and visible than most of the other adherents of the respective religion. When someone only sees Muslim terrorists on TV, they think all Muslims are like that. But they aren't. When someone only sees a far-right wing preacher on TV who takes literally the verse about homosexuals having "blood on their heads", they think all Christians are firebreathers. But they aren't.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When someone only sees Muslim terrorists on TV, they think all Muslims are like that. But they aren't. When someone only sees a far-right wing preacher on TV who takes literally the verse about homosexuals having "blood on their heads", they think all Christians are firebreathers. But they aren't.
Ringo
Unfortunately, every survey conducted of public opinion among the people of just about every Moslem nation shows overwhelming support for the objectives of the most extreme militants. Few Christians support the Christian "firebreathers" they see on TV or know to occupy some pulpits--and they make it clear that they do not, often arguing that these aren't "real" Christians or, if not that, that they give Christianity a bad name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

So aside from the fact that the (recessively) extreme Muslims kill and behead people, I'm not sure I see that much of a difference. Both so-called Christianists and so-called Islamists want to impose their values on a country.
Ringo

No, Christians as Christians do not want to impose their set of rules on all society like Islamists do.

Christians do NOT want anything like Mosque or Church rule.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think Christianists and Islamists have another thing in common: they're not representative of their respective religions. Most Christians are peace-minded people who simply want to live life the way they feel God has instructed them. Most Muslims are also peace-minded people who are simply trying to follow Allah and his teachings.

The problem is that both Islamists and Christianists - and especially Islamists these days - tend to be much more vocal and visible than most of the other adherents of the respective religion. When someone only sees Muslim terrorists on TV, they think all Muslims are like that. But they aren't. When someone only sees a far-right wing preacher on TV who takes literally the verse about homosexuals having "blood on their heads", they think all Christians are firebreathers. But they aren't.
Ringo

Where do you get the verse about "blood on their heads"?

Don't forget Mohammed. They try to folly the Allah teachings of Mohammed.
And he acted and prescribed the most vicious sorts of things.

I doubt it's true that most Muslims are doing the two things you commend - I think they are contradictory of each other. Either they are peace-loving, or they do inDEED "follow Allah's teacher and teachings." But not both, not both at once.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Leviticus 20:13.

Don't forget Mohammed. They try to folly the Allah teachings of Mohammed.
And he acted and prescribed the most vicious sorts of things.

I doubt it's true that most Muslims are doing the two things you commend - I think they are contradictory of each other. Either they are peace-loving, or they do inDEED "follow Allah's teacher and teachings." But not both, not both at once.

I Samuel 15:2-3 -

Bible said:
This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”

So are Christians who do this following the teachings of the Christian God?
Ringo

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

My translation has "upon them," "their blood shall be upon them." (The deaded perversion addicts.)
Did your's actually read, "blood on their hands"?

Note how the New Testament treats this: they are not SAID TO BE, commanded to be, put to death - they ("merely") should know that they are WORTHY OF DEATH, that is, deserve the death penality. Should be clearly aware it is thus and so.

I Samuel 15:2-3 -
This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ ”
So are Christians who do this following the teachings of the Christian God?
Ringo

Don't know that we are about to come upon any Amalekites, one way or the other.
I suppose that's kind of a trick question? - whether we believe the Israelites did according to God's will. IF SO, there would certainly be no Amalekites to do that TO, or anything else to. So, MOOT POINT.
Or like I like to ayE, "SO MOOT POINT."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is certainly the point. God gave a command appropriate for the moment - it has nothing to do with us!

So what you're saying is that bringing up Old Testament commands is old enough to be ignored, but anywhere that the Q'uran calls for rough treatment of non-believers is completely valid?

Good to know that you admit the double standard being applied here.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
So what you're saying is that bringing up Old Testament commands is old enough to be ignored, but anywhere that the Q'uran calls for rough treatment of non-believers is completely valid?

Good to know that you admit the double standard being applied here.
Ringo

Nother STRAW MAN. Or two.
It's nothing about "old enough to be ignored." It's specific enough for us to ignore it, for it is directed toward quite some other people.

Whereas Koran prescriptions, the one to "kill the infidel" (if he doesn't submit) for instance, they are definitely directed toward all Muslim believers.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nother STRAW MAN. Or two.
It's nothing about "old enough to be ignored." It's specific enough for us to ignore it, for it is directed toward quite some other people.

Whereas Koran prescriptions, the one to "kill the infidel" (if he doesn't submit) for instance, they are definitely directed toward all Muslim believers.

In the Bible, it was also directed towards non-believers. But not just them - their women, their children, even their cattle.

So I'm failing to see the difference. The Q'uran's passages are also directed towards specific people too: so-called "infidels". If you can cherry-pick the Q'uran, you can cherry-pick the Bible and find scripture that's just as murderous.
Ringo

Upvote 0