24/7 prayer and worship

T

ToBeBlessed

For those keeping score on the CARM article:
Mike Bickle doesn't meet John MacArthurs approval, point for Bickle.
Mike Bickle doesn't literally worship the reformation as an idol, point for Bickle.
Mike Bickle believes what the Bible says about God speaking to his people, point for Bickle.

My score:
CARM's unfounded accusations of a Christian 0
Mike Bickle 3
thanks for playing

Seriously, thanks Biblicist, I remember why I have in the past considered CARM hit pieces to be endorsements for those they target.

You only need to look further than one article or one institution. Read what people who have been involved in the IHOPU movement have to say. Their testimonies are out there, it's not only CARM. Look for the testimonies of those in leadership. There is much more going on there.

We all are told by Jesus that we must be 'wise as serpents, gentle as doves'. All is not what it seems.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

The people who host this site are far from perfect.

Did you read the famous Rolling Stone article? Surely Rolling Stone magazine doesn't have a horse in any race that would be in the Christian arena.

Love and Death In the House of Prayer

Then you might want to validate some of the things said by looking for the testimonies of those who KNEW and were AT IHOP at that time.

I do not need to give you a list of articles. Go do your own research. It will be worth the time spent. I promise.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,407.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you read the famous Rolling Stone article? Surely Rolling Stone magazine doesn't have a horse in any race that would be in the Christian arena.

Then you might want to validate some of the things said by looking for the testimonies of those who KNEW and were AT IHOP at that time.

I do not need to give you a list of articles. Go do your own research. It will be worth the time spent. I promise.
I wish I thought you were kidding! Rolling Stone, really!? Let's ask Satan what he thinks of IHOP, and see if it's any good. That's right we have already asked CARM, hammerin hank, and jonnymac, Rolling Stone is just about as logical. So now we know that Satan hates IHOP, and that sounds like an endorsement to my ears.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've actually attended services at IHOP-KC. Mike Bickle spoke from John 15 and Misty Edwards led worship. It was AMAZING!!!! I am moving to Kansas City soon and Lord willing I will be a regular there until He leads me elsewhere. I highly recommend all to go to at least one service there.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What kind of state is the Body in that people would attack a movement to lift praise to Father God 24/7?

I've been listening to IHOP for the last year straight, and in all that time I heard one person articulate a prayer in a way that wasn't quite Biblical. But... There's grace, isn't there?

Otherwise, people praying prayers straight out of the Bible, declaring the goodness of God, and worshiping Him with dedication and steadfastness is most certainly Biblical.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Originally Posted by ToBeBlessed

I do not need to give you a list of articles. Go do your own research. It will be worth the time spent. I promise.​
I wish I thought you were kidding! Rolling Stone, really!? Let's ask Satan what he thinks of IHOP, and see if it's any good. That's right we have already asked CARM, hammerin hank, and jonnymac, Rolling Stone is just about as logical. So now we know that Satan hates IHOP, and that sounds like an endorsement to my ears.

I think to disregard what the fruit is and what actually happens within a movement is rather odd. Facts are facts. The death of one of the youth that attended and lived at IHOPU is relevant.

The article shows a pattern of behavior over years of those who lived and worshipped there. Disregard if you like, but it shows a VERY REAL pattern of ungodliness. Using titles such as 'Word of faith' and 'International House of Prayer' does not make a ministry. Buzz words are great, I think they've found a very good title.

To point people towards resources does not mean that you are a worker of Satan. If a ministry is held to biblical standards then it either passes or fails on it's own merits. Heresy hunters is a nice buzz phrase, as is to not touch God's anointed.

Funny how those people that call out other people are the exact same ones who 'attach' titles to the children of God who seek to hold ministries to the same standards that God holds all of us too. They say ignorance is bliss. Got bliss?

When a ministry makes NATIONAL HEADLINES, please disregard. Hmmmm....... Sounds like a heresy hunter when a carnal, ungodly magazine publishes a story about a ministry. I'm sure it's what all the Miley Cyrus fans are dying to hear about?

Last edited:
Upvote 0