Nov 2, 2012
Romania
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello!

What is your opinion about 24/7 prayer&worship? I love it! We just started a house of prayer like this in my city, where people from different churches can come and pray and worship in unity. For now, there are just 7 hours per day, but I believe God will increase it at the proper time. And as long as we started, another church from the city began to have daily prayer:clap:.

I also LOVE IHOP KC. I think they have good teachings and very good worship, not to mention the prayer^_^.

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It won't profit you anything if you don't keep faithful to the true God.

Soon IHOP will be partnering with the Steubenville conferences, to bring a joint ecumenical venture, called Onething, where they will partner their god with the god of catholicism, which are two different gods. What good does it do to pray 24/7 if in the end you end up promoting gods that are not the true god? None at all.

The frightning thing is that when you visit the IHOP page about this event, they mention nothing about the Catholic events or speakers on the site or promo video, so their followers will get to come and be surprised (onething 2012 Young Adult Conference).

However, if you visit the Catholic side of the event, they will tell you what else is going on, including Catholic speakers, Catholic doctrine, Catholic worship, and daily mass.

Catholic Track at Onething 2012 | Franciscan University of Steubenville

Interesting quote from the event description, including the origins of the 24/7 prayer room:
Joseph said the Catholic Track speakers will draw upon Catholic doctrine, practices, and tradition and touch on the larger conference’s themes centering on Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. Masses will be celebrated by Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City in Kansas, and other priests from the Kansas City area.

The International House of Prayer (IHOP) was founded in 1999 by Mike Bickle, who says that many IHOP teachings draw upon the works of St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Ávila, as well as contemporary Catholic authors including Father Henri Nouwen and Father Thomas Dubay, SM. The IHOP 24-hour prayer room, he says, was inspired by the spiritual practices of Catholic European monks, such as St. Bernard of Clairvaux.

“I’ve always had a passion for Catholic-Christian unity and enthusiastically welcome this year’s Catholic Track,” saya Bickle. “We may have different religious traditions, but we focus on fellowship and unity and Jesus being glorified in prayer, worship, and teaching.”

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2012
Romania
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did listen to many teachings from Mike Bickle and sincerely, these teachings really stirred me up to read the work more and to put it in practice and to pray. I don't remember hearing Mike promoting a different god. There is just One true God and I have seen how Mike and other ministers from their worship Him. I don't want to say anything else because I am not informed about that conference and I can't give my opinion on that:).

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did listen to many teachings from Mike Bickle and sincerely, these teachings really stirred me up to read the work more and to put it in practice and to pray. I don't remember hearing Mike promoting a different god. There is just One true God and I have seen how Mike and other ministers from their worship Him. I don't want to say anything else because I am not informed about that conference and I can't give my opinion on that:).

I've heard him many times as well and you're ripe for deception. Pray to the Lord that He keep you safe and seperate you from such people.

Upvote 0

aabel

May 4, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Buna Denisa Sînt originar din Brasov, dar stau la Paris de la vîrsta de 11 ani. Ma interesez la miscarea de rugaciune 24/7 de vre-o citiva ani. De un an avem o casa de rugaciune gazduita de biserica noastra la Paris.
Facînd o cautare pe google despre miscarea 24/7 in Romania am gasit posturile tale pe acest forum.
Vroiam sa te intreb din ce oras e si daca este o asemenea miscare in regiunea ta. Stiu ca este un ihop la Timisoara si o casa de arta si de rugaciune la Brasov pe care am vizitat-o acum doua luni.Poate sint alte miscari pe care nu le cunosc.

Cu cit ne dedicam mai mult la rugaciune, cu atit sintem mai aproape de inima lui Dumnezeu : "dacă poporul peste care este chemat Numele Meu se va smeri, se va ruga şi va căuta faţa Mea, dacă se va întoarce de la căile lui cele rele, atunci voi asculta din ceruri, îi voi ierta păcatele şi îi voi vindeca ţara. " (2 Cronici 7:14)

Astazi 4 mai este ziua de rugaciune pentru Balkani 2013 si asa s-a întîplat sa fiu în România azi.
Vroiam sa te incurajez.

Paste Fericit,

Abel

PS: la origine vroiam sa-tiscriu un mp, dar trebuia pentru asta sa fi scris 15 mesaje.

ETA - Translation (approximate!)

Hi Denisa,
I come from in Brasov, but have lived in Paris since the age of 11. I was interested in the movement of prayer 24/7 there a few years ago. For a year we have had a house of prayer for our church hosted in Paris.
By doing a search on google about the 24/7 movement in Romania I found your posts on this forum.
I was wondering in what city is and if there is such a move in your region.
I knowthere is an IHOP in the Timisoara art gallery and a house of prayer in Brasov as I visitedthose two. Maybe there are other moves that I do not know about.

The more we dedicate to ourselves overwhelmingly to prayer the closer we are to the heart of God: "If people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, if you will return from the ways of evil, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. "(2 Chronicles 7:14)

Today, May 4th is the day of prayer for the Balkans in 2013 and it happened to be in Romania today.

I wanted to encourage you.

Happy Easter,

Abel

PS: I originally wanted to send you a PM, but I needed to have written 15 posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I love the idea of 24/7 prayer and worship. I haven't wasted a lot of time witch hunting Mike Bickle or IHOP KC, and I'm sure they are off base in a doctrinal area or two, just as I'm sure that everyone here including me are too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The frightning thing is that when you visit the IHOP page about this event, they mention nothing about the Catholic events or speakers on the site or promo video, so their followers will get to come and be surprised (onething 2012 Young Adult Conference).

However, if you visit the Catholic side of the event, they will tell you what else is going on, including Catholic speakers, Catholic doctrine, Catholic worship, and daily mass.

Catholic Track at Onething 2012 | Franciscan University of Steubenville
Thanks for those links. This is another good reason for all of us to avoid associating ourselves with any 'ministry' that is connected to the narzie movement.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know, the reason that there is no mention of the Catholic track on the IHOP site just might be because the event is over and the RCC part was cancelled beforehand. There's not much point in advertising a portion of an event that isn't going to occur.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The people who host this site are far from perfect.
When they favourably quoted Johnny Mac the article lost any credibility it had with me.

They referenced one scripture and it didn't establish any error on Bickle's part, and if you read their true complaint against Mike Bickle it's that he doesn't worship the reformation. May I be just as criticized for a lack of idolatry.

It's the same old argument that the reformers know that extra-biblical revelation ended in the first century by the extra-biblical revelation that the reformers received in the 16th century.

Plus a lot of deceptive guilty by association stuff that has no bearing on the subject. It's the same kind of stuff the TV "news" magazine shows do to destroy Christians. They will sandwich a report about an honest guy between reports on two easily established crooks to give their lies against the honest guy relative credibility. No Christian would touch such a tactic from Hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For those keeping score on the CARM article:
Mike Bickle doesn't meet John MacArthurs approval, point for Bickle.
Mike Bickle doesn't literally worship the reformation as an idol, point for Bickle.
Mike Bickle believes what the Bible says about God speaking to his people, point for Bickle.

My score:
CARM's unfounded accusations of a Christian 0
Mike Bickle 3
thanks for playing

Seriously, thanks Biblicist, I remember why I have in the past considered CARM hit pieces to be endorsements for those they target.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WGID

Jul 1, 2013
canada
Visit site
✟15,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think 24/7 prayer is exactly what the church is supposed to be. Mark 11:17 talks about Jesus clearing out the temple... He says that "His house" will be a House of Prayer. I wonder how much that we call church today would be defined as a den of robbers by Jesus. Just wondering out loud.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I've heard him many times as well and you're ripe for deception. Pray to the Lord that He keep you safe and seperate you from such people.

:thumbsup:

Mike Bickle and the House of Prayer movement has extremely close ties with Dominionism and NAR.

We all believe in prayer, obviously. They are offering 24/7 prayer, which on the surface would seem very positive, very edifying.

However, their theology and the reason that they support and have setup this 24/7 structure is tied closely with NAR/Kingdom Now/Latter Rain/Joel's Army resasoning.

They believe that Jesus Christ will ONLY come for his Second Coming if the church takes Dominion over the earth. That is far from biblical.

Beware. Do some research. What seems to be on the surface as 24/7 prayer to God, is really 24/7 prayer to bring the church in dominion over the earth so Jesus CAN come back. Jesus needs nothing. Never has, never will.

Upvote 0