23% of world’s nations used force to halt religious gatherings in 2020: Pew report

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You offer no evidence yo retute my statement.
You made the positive assertion. The onus of proof falls on you.

I would encourage you to study up on how logical arguments work.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I didn't go to church this morning. Another round of Covid swept through our church last week. Our Pastor and his wife got it. They're vaccinated. Coincidentally, I just got off the phone with his wife, right before I logged on to CF, to find your post first on the list of my new alerts. I generally take them in the order that they are received.

She told me that she has had it several times now; and that to the best of her knowledge, she has caught it each time from people who have been vaccinated.

One of the women who caught it this time, has chronic respiratory problems. I had great concern for her; but my Pastor's wife tells me that she had been calling to check on her every day last week, and she is doing just fine.

I'm not vaccinated; and I didn't get it this time. Maybe I have a strong natural immunity now. Go figure.

So it seems that everyone will live through this round again. I'm sorry if our church does align with the stats that you have failed to produce. Maybe it's a God thing. Do you have any stats on how God works for his people?
I am sorry to hear your friends and fellows are experiencing these issues.
I am disappointed that you have somehow deliberately avoided attending to the considerable volume of well vallidated data that undermines your reliance upon anecdote.
I am puzzled that you do not recognise that the responsibility for providing evidence to support your psotiion lies with you in this situation. This is because of the vast (that's more accurate than my prior "considerable") volume of data that is out there, in contrast to the anecdotal, rumour rife, untested low-quality materialthat aligns with your view.

The only thing I can see that we have in common is concern for others. How we go about expressing that concern is radically different. Further discussion seems pointless.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry to hear your friends and fellows are experiencing these issues.
I am disappointed that you have somehow deliberately avoided attending to the considerable volume of well vallidated data that undermines your reliance upon anecdote.
I am puzzled that you do not recognise that the responsibility for providing evidence to support your psotiion lies with you in this situation. This is because of the vast (that's more accurate than my prior "considerable") volume of data that is out there, in contrast to the anecdotal, rumour rife, untested low-quality materialthat aligns with your view.

The only thing I can see that we have in common is concern for others. How we go about expressing that concern is radically different. Further discussion seems pointless.
If you are questioning the veracity of my personal testimony; then further discussion is pointless.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,882.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you are questioning the veracity of my personal testimony; then further discussion is pointless.
I question the value of everyone's personal testimony, my own included.
I am not questioning its veracity. What you have observed is probably true (We can all make mistakes in observations). But it is not statistically valid. Basing ones actions and beliefs on mere personal anecdote that lacks that such validity is what I question. However, you seem wedded to confidence in that approach - sadly I leave you also to its consequences.

Upvote 0