Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's a big and exciting free agent class with so many top tier free agents on the market. So who's your team, what's their payroll situation and who do you A) want them to get, and B) think they're likely to get?

I'm a Giants fan through and through, and I'm hoping we finally land a big fish for the first time in a long time. We tried to trade for Giancarlo Stanton in 2017 and failed. We came close on the Ohtani sweepstakes that same year but the lack of DH in the NL at the time hurt us so we lost out on that too. Then two years later we came close on Harper but he ended up choosing Philly instead. So here we are again three years later and with tons of money available to spend, I'm hoping we sign multiple top free agents headlined by Aaron Judge, Carlos Correa, and Jacob DeGrom. I also would like to see Jose Abreu, and maybe we sign Willson Contreras and then we can package Joey Bart with some prospects to pry Luis Robert away from the White Sox in a trade.

A lot of analysts think there's no way Judge is anything but a Yankee next year, but I think SF has just as good a chance to land him. Judge grew up a Giants fan in Lindon, CA 90 miles east of SF, so playing for his hometown team surely has some appeal. Add to that the Giants are one of the richest teams in baseball and have an absurd amount of space available on the payroll to give him whatever he wants. That makes for a good chance he's in the orange and black next season.

Correa seems like a good bet too. We need a short stop with Brandon Crawford aging, Correa is still young enough to merit a 9-10 year contract. DeGrom's probably the longshot, but I've been such a huge fan of his since he debuted in the league in 2014 that I just want him to come to the bay. If not him though, I hope we make a strong play for Verlander or maybe to bring Rodón back (although I'm not sold on the idea that he continues his success from this year). We need a solid #1 in our rotation ...but I think we'll also be in the mix for Ohtani next fall in free agency so it could come then.

So what about you? What are you hoping for this off-season?