Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All teaching is personal opinion. Saying Zechariah 14 does not agree with Revelation 20 is your opinion. They match up in my opinion. Is this a democracy where the majority opinion wins? The Millennium starts the day after the 1 hr. Battle of Armageddon. The restoration is done by God. It is not like the electric company which has to wade through tons of red tape to restore power to a subdivision that just got destroyed in a category 5 tornado. The damage will be even more severe and widespread. Only God will be able to restore life on earth after Armageddon.

That is all Premils have - private interpretation. If you disagree, could you please do a detailed comparison between Zechariah 14 and Revelation 20 (the two main often-presented Premil proof texts)? From what I see there is no correlation. Premils cannot provide anything.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is all Premils have - private interpretation. If you disagree, could you please do a detailed comparison between Zechariah 14 and Revelation 20 (the two main often-presented Premil proof texts)? From what I see there is no correlation. Premils cannot provide anything.
So you do not want my opinion, but you want my opinion? You said they do not agree with each other, but you do not think Revelation 20 has to do with a time after Armageddon. Is not Zechariah 14 a time of rebuilding? Yes or no?

6 On that day, there will be
neither bright light nor thick darkness;
7 and one day, known to Adonai,
will be neither day nor night,
although by evening there will be light.
8 On that day, fresh water will flow
out from Yerushalayim,
half toward the eastern sea
and half toward the western sea,
both summer and winter.
9 Then Adonai will be king
over the whole world.
On that day Adonai will be the only one

Everything prior to verse 6 leads up through the tribulation to the battle of Armageddon.

Everything after verse 9 is the Millennium.

Verse 9 says the Lord is alone. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And since there is recapitulation in verses 12-15 it is very similar to Revelation 20.

12 Adonai will strike all the peoples who made war against Yerushalayim with a plague in which their flesh rots away while they are standing on their feet, their eyes rot away in their sockets, and their tongues rot away in their mouths.
13 When that day comes, there will be among them great panic, sent by Adonai, so that everyone lays hands on his neighbor, who in turn attacks him.
14 Y’hudah too will fight against Yerushalayim; and the wealth of all the nations will be assembled — gold, silver and clothing in great abundance.
15 A plague like this plague will also affect the horses, mules, camels, donkeys and all the other animals in those camps.

So no one was left, not even the animals. 1 Samuel 15:3

3 "Now go and attack ‘Amalek, and completely destroy everything they have. Don’t spare them, but kill men and women, children and babies, cows and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

Zechariah 14:14 puts this battle in today's setting. Notice that even the Jews the tribe of Judah, will be destroyed as well, because at this time they will be an enemy against the restoration of all other tribes into Palestine. The tribulation will be the only time that many are called but few chosen. The end comes by death, not automatic everlasting life. That is why Revelation 20 is the first resurrection. All on earth will have died. This is the resurrection where those killed will either be condemned to everlasting damnation or to live on earth in incorruptible bodies. They will be free of their old sin nature. They will already be judged by those on the thrones. They will enter the new earth because the second death (lake of fire) has no power over them.

Yes there will still be death and curses. People will still rebel. They will still have free will, but with consequences. Sin will not be from the flesh, and lack of faith. Rebellion will be lack of participation. It will take a few generations just to fill the earth. It is not like rebellion will be from rehabilitation. The first generation will never rebel, but each generation will grow more restless at following the tradition of their great grandparents, and the further from Jerusalem they become. If Egypt rebels being next door, then nations several thousand miles away will be even more likely to revolt against Jerusalem. 30 generations later will still not be as bad as we see today.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
out from Yerushalayim,
both summer and winter.
over the whole world.

Where do we find a change in the light, and where do we find the water of life? It is not in Revelation 20.
It is found below.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Not Revelation 20, but Revelation 21, and Revelation 22...

Another reason to reject the Premill doctrine.
The Old Testament passages often referenced by its proponents align better with Revelation 21, and Revelation 22...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you do not want my opinion, but you want my opinion? You said they do not agree with each other, but you do not think Revelation 20 has to do with a time after Armageddon. Is not Zechariah 14 a time of rebuilding? Yes or no?

out from Yerushalayim,
both summer and winter.
over the whole world.

Everything prior to verse 6 leads up through the tribulation to the battle of Armageddon.

Everything after verse 9 is the Millennium.

Verse 9 says the Lord is alone. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And since there is recapitulation in verses 12-15 it is very similar to Revelation 20.

12 Adonai will strike all the peoples who made war against Yerushalayim with a plague in which their flesh rots away while they are standing on their feet, their eyes rot away in their sockets, and their tongues rot away in their mouths.
13 When that day comes, there will be among them great panic, sent by Adonai, so that everyone lays hands on his neighbor, who in turn attacks him.
14 Y’hudah too will fight against Yerushalayim; and the wealth of all the nations will be assembled — gold, silver and clothing in great abundance.
15 A plague like this plague will also affect the horses, mules, camels, donkeys and all the other animals in those camps.

So no one was left, not even the animals. 1 Samuel 15:3

3 "Now go and attack ‘Amalek, and completely destroy everything they have. Don’t spare them, but kill men and women, children and babies, cows and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

Zechariah 14:14 puts this battle in today's setting. Notice that even the Jews the tribe of Judah, will be destroyed as well, because at this time they will be an enemy against the restoration of all other tribes into Palestine. The tribulation will be the only time that many are called but few chosen. The end comes by death, not automatic everlasting life. That is why Revelation 20 is the first resurrection. All on earth will have died. This is the resurrection where those killed will either be condemned to everlasting damnation or to live on earth in incorruptible bodies. They will be free of their old sin nature. They will already be judged by those on the thrones. They will enter the new earth because the second death (lake of fire) has no power over them.

Yes there will still be death and curses. People will still rebel. They will still have free will, but with consequences. Sin will not be from the flesh, and lack of faith. Rebellion will be lack of participation. It will take a few generations just to fill the earth. It is not like rebellion will be from rehabilitation. The first generation will never rebel, but each generation will grow more restless at following the tradition of their great grandparents, and the further from Jerusalem they become. If Egypt rebels being next door, then nations several thousand miles away will be even more likely to revolt against Jerusalem. 30 generations later will still not be as bad as we see today.

So, the day of the Lord begins years before the second coming during Armageddon?

Where in Zechariah 14 is a thousand years mentioned?

Where in Zechariah 14 is the new earth mentioned?

Where in Zechariah 14 are the glorified saints mentioned?

Where in Zechariah 14 is Jesus shown to be on earth?

Where in Zechariah 14 is the binding of Satan?

Where in Zechariah 14 are the 2 resurrections/judgments?

Where in Zechariah 14 is the release of Satan and an unparalleled global uprising 1,000 years after the second coming?

Where does Zechariah 14 make the remotest allusion to any of the detail described at the end of Revelation 20 and therefore the millennium, including the gathering of Gog and Magog to fight the camp of the saints, the destruction of the wicked in total, the destruction of the old earth and heavens and the replacement with the new, the resurrection of the wicked and “Great White Throne Judgement of sinners” 1,000 years after the judgement of the righteous?

Surely the Jerusalem Premils portray in their alleged future millennium is altogether different to the one depicted in Zechariah 14:2 that is being attacked, “the houses rifled,” and “the women ravished”?

How can women in the millennium be "ravished" (or raped) when no one in Jerusalem is even mortal anymore (Zechariah 14:2)?

Zechariah 14:2-3, tells us that the result of the attack of the nations against Jerusalem is that “half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.” Surely this contradicts the whole Premillennial portrayal of Jerusalem during the millennium? This surely runs contrary to the perfect pristine peaceful Jerusalem Premils like to present in their literature, where Israel is exalted to a racially privileged position for 1,000 years?

How then can Jerusalem prosper when half of its population are dead and the other half are prisoners restrained by chains? I thought this was a glorious time for the city?

How can Premils reconcile their conflicting “proof-texts” that in one breath teach that “every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles" (Zechariah 14:16-17) and “the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD” (Isaiah 56:6-7) yet in the next breath at the exact same time because Jerusalem is a "holy" place, a prohibition is placed on all Gentiles that "there shall no strangers pass through her any more" (Joel 3:17) and “No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel” (Ezekiel 44:9)?

If Zechariah 14 and Joel 3 relate to the second coming (as Premils argue) then we have another contradiction: how can we have Egypt still existing in Zechariah 14:17-19 when Joel 3 clearly demonstrates that “Egypt shall be a desolation” (v19)? How does Premil magically raise this rebellious nation?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where do we find a change in the light, and where do we find the water of life? It is not in Revelation 20.
It is found below.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Not Revelation 20, but Revelation 21, and Revelation 22...

Another reason to reject the Premill doctrine.
The Old Testament passages often referenced by its proponents align better with Revelation 21, and Revelation 22...
They cannot. The wicked world, Egypt, does not go to the New Heavens and Earth either spiritually or physically as an ethnicity. Either it happens in this reality or it does not happen at all. All would have to say that Egypt also was, before Noah, still spiritual wickedness. There are pyramids in Egypt that were buried in the Flood. Epypt has always seemed to be in opposition to God, but it cannot happen in the next reality.

Why is it so hard to allow God to demonstrate what life is like without sin? Satan is the mastermind behind sin and it's consequences. It is not God. God predestined salvation as a plan of righteousness to offer humans a way to navigate in this world. Even without a Law, some men understood this and lived righteously, even without God doing anything for them. Even if God provides, and humans are well aware of that provision, they still are like sheep led astray by sin and selfishness.

Why do you think a Sovereign and loving God is going to repeat the same sinful process over again? Egypt being mentioned in Zechariah 14, should be all the evidence one needs to say there is still a near perfect Millennium where even Egypt has a chance to obey. Then at the end, Satan, Death, and sin will remain in the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Egypt being mentioned in Zechariah 14, should be all the evidence one needs to say there is still a near perfect Millennium where even Egypt has a chance to obey.

Have you ever heard of the Coptic Church. It is one of the oldest churches in the world. They have come under tremendous persecution during recent times.
Where would we find the Coptic Church?

Yes, even Egyptians now have the chance to obey.

Show us some mortals left alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46.
Since this is the judgment of the living at the return of Christ, what is the source of your mortals? It cannot be Zechariah 14, because you have just lost that?
Can you give us a second witness to your viewpoint?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard of the Coptic Church. It is one of the oldest churches in the world. They have come under tremendous persecution during recent times.
Where would we find the Coptic Church?

Yes, even Egyptians now have the chance to obey.

Show us some mortals left alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46.
Since this is the judgment of the living at the return of Christ, what is the source of your mortals? It cannot be Zechariah 14, because you have just lost that?
Can you give us a second witness to your viewpoint?
It has nothing to do with theology. You cannot claim Zechariah 14 is about the next reality. Especially if you think not a single human is alive. I keep pointing out they are all dead. Yet you deny they are all dead according to the Bible. So why do you claim they are all dead at the end of reality? Are you saying God is not going to let humans have babies any more? You make up more science fiction stories than I do now. No one is going to remember this reality. Show me where it claims that in Zechariah.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You make up more science fiction stories than I do now.

Anyone who claims mortals will live alongside immortals after the Second Coming of Christ has produced the top Science Fiction story in the history of the world. There is no way I could ever compete with that.
I wish someone would make it into a movie.
They could call it "Left Behind, the Millennium".

Anyone who thinks Christ is going to be conducting funeral services for 1,000 years after His Second Coming needs to read the New Testament again.

Anyone who thinks God wants animal sacrifices for 1,000 years after His Second Coming needs to read the New Testament again.

It is not possible to make up more science fiction stories than those promoting the Premill doctrine. You guys are the best. I will give you that.

And all of this comes about because you ignore the fact that the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order, and you ignore Matthew 25:31-46, and you ignore 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and you ignore 2 Timothy 4:1, and you ignore the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who claims mortals will live alongside immortals after the Second Coming of Christ has produced the top Science Fiction story in the history of the world. There is no way I could ever compete with that.

Anyone who thinks Christ is going to be conducting funeral services for 1,000 years after His Second Coming needs to read the New Testament again.

Anyone who thinks God wants animal sacrifices for 1,000 years after His Second Coming needs to read the New Testament again.

It is not possible to make up more science fiction stories than those promoting the Premill doctrine. You guys are the best. I will give you that.

And all of this comes about because you ignore the fact that the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order, and you ignore Matthew 25:31-46, and you ignore 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and you ignore 2 Timothy 4:1, and you ignore the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18.
Therefore, it is a doctrine of ignorance.

You do realize that the sacrifices mentioned in Zechariah are for the Feast of Booths, correct?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, the day of the Lord begins years before the second coming during Armageddon?

Where in Zechariah 14 is a thousand years mentioned?

Where in Zechariah 14 is the new earth mentioned?

Where in Zechariah 14 are the glorified saints mentioned?

Where in Zechariah 14 is Jesus shown to be on earth?

Where in Zechariah 14 is the binding of Satan?

Where in Zechariah 14 are the 2 resurrections/judgments?

Where in Zechariah 14 is the release of Satan and an unparalleled global uprising 1,000 years after the second coming?

Where does Zechariah 14 make the remotest allusion to any of the detail described at the end of Revelation 20 and therefore the millennium, including the gathering of Gog and Magog to fight the camp of the saints, the destruction of the wicked in total, the destruction of the old earth and heavens and the replacement with the new, the resurrection of the wicked and “Great White Throne Judgement of sinners” 1,000 years after the judgement of the righteous?

Surely the Jerusalem Premils portray in their alleged future millennium is altogether different to the one depicted in Zechariah 14:2 that is being attacked, “the houses rifled,” and “the women ravished”?

How can women in the millennium be "ravished" (or raped) when no one in Jerusalem is even mortal anymore (Zechariah 14:2)?

Zechariah 14:2-3, tells us that the result of the attack of the nations against Jerusalem is that “half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.” Surely this contradicts the whole Premillennial portrayal of Jerusalem during the millennium? This surely runs contrary to the perfect pristine peaceful Jerusalem Premils like to present in their literature, where Israel is exalted to a racially privileged position for 1,000 years?

How then can Jerusalem prosper when half of its population are dead and the other half are prisoners restrained by chains? I thought this was a glorious time for the city?

How can Premils reconcile their conflicting “proof-texts” that in one breath teach that “every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles" (Zechariah 14:16-17) and “the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD” (Isaiah 56:6-7) yet in the next breath at the exact same time because Jerusalem is a "holy" place, a prohibition is placed on all Gentiles that "there shall no strangers pass through her any more" (Joel 3:17) and “No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel” (Ezekiel 44:9)?

If Zechariah 14 and Joel 3 relate to the second coming (as Premils argue) then we have another contradiction: how can we have Egypt still existing in Zechariah 14:17-19 when Joel 3 clearly demonstrates that “Egypt shall be a desolation” (v19)? How does Premil magically raise this rebellious nation?
Did you even read my post?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that the sacrifices mentioned in Zechariah are for the Feast of Booths, correct?
  • Do you believe in the rebuilding of the demolished Jewish temple in your so-called future millennium?
  • Do you advocate the return of animal sacrifices as sin offerings in the future in your so-called future millennium?
  • Do you hold to the restoration of the old covenant priesthood in your so-called future millennium?

• Winner
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They cannot. The wicked world, Egypt, does not go to the New Heavens and Earth either spiritually or physically as an ethnicity. Either it happens in this reality or it does not happen at all. All would have to say that Egypt also was, before Noah, still spiritual wickedness. There are pyramids in Egypt that were buried in the Flood. Epypt has always seemed to be in opposition to God, but it cannot happen in the next reality.

Why is it so hard to allow God to demonstrate what life is like without sin? Satan is the mastermind behind sin and it's consequences. It is not God. God predestined salvation as a plan of righteousness to offer humans a way to navigate in this world. Even without a Law, some men understood this and lived righteously, even without God doing anything for them. Even if God provides, and humans are well aware of that provision, they still are like sheep led astray by sin and selfishness.

Why do you think a Sovereign and loving God is going to repeat the same sinful process over again? Egypt being mentioned in Zechariah 14, should be all the evidence one needs to say there is still a near perfect Millennium where even Egypt has a chance to obey. Then at the end, Satan, Death, and sin will remain in the lake of fire.

"Near-perfect"? Where does the Bible state this? There is no such age. There are only two ages mentioned in Scripture - this evil age and the perfect age to come. Premils invent such a picture as they have no Scripture that teaches this.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Therefore, it is a doctrine of ignorance.

It is like you do not even read my post. I said only incorruptible bodies live during the Millennium. They are not immortal. They do not decay. They have been resurrected like those in Paradise right now. Adam lived for 900 years, Genesis 5. Most claim he had an incorruptible body. I do not think he did. His incorruptible body died the second he ate, and he received a corruptible body. That corruptible body still lived for 900 years, and he never ate from the tree of life once. An incorruptible body may live for thousands of years without eating from the tree of life. It is not science fiction, because it is clearly spelled out in Genesis. In the Millennium, God still has the right to send an incorruptible body, to sheol, and that body will die.

Why would any one conduct funeral services for 1000 years. It is God. The body will just go, no ceremony, no memorial service. Disobedience is not rewarded nor tolerated. Some with a distorted view of God, even those who think God only saves a certain percentage, should think about the Millennium, before just dismissing it. All OT prophecies can only refer to this new style of the Lord's Day as totally different than we can even comprehend. But none of the OT saw the next Reality. Only John went there and came back. If you think that God can not do that, then people do not know God that much.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
  • Do you advocate the return of animal sacrifices as sin offerings in the future in your so-called future millennium?

This question right here is why I asked if he knew the sacrifices were for the Feast of Booths or not? Are you aware that this is the case?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said only incorruptible bodies live during the Millennium. They are not immortal. They do not decay. They have been resurrected like those in Paradise right now.

Are you saying the curse is removed during the Millennium?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Near-perfect"? Where does the Bible state this? There is no such age. There are only two ages mentioned in Scripture - this evil age and the perfect age to come. Premils invent such a picture as they have no Scripture that teaches this.
So amil denying it does not exist is better? How? Revelation 20 does exist. Zombies do not exist.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I did. I saw NO correlation between the two chapters described. Can you show the parallels?
There are only about 6 verses at the end of the book that mention the Day of the Lord. Zechariah just points out that Egypt will be restored. Place The Restoration of Egypt in history as described by Zechariah.

Point out you biblical exegesis that states Egypt either physically or spiritually even exist in the New Reality that only John experienced. No one can even figure out events mentioned by most OT prophets without spiritualizing them, and forcing a spiritual meaning into current sociology. Daniel even gives clues, and mentions Egypt by name how many times?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.